All reviews close to the airport free shuttle golden tulip an overnight stay recommend this hotel queen alia airport stayed one night restaurant staff jordan mr arabic
Reviewed January 5, 2015

This hotel (ex-Golden Tulip Amman Airport, as you can tell from the signage and the logos / restaurant name) is an airport hotel. It is designed to service the need of travellers stopping for one or two nights. They provide an excellent pickup service from the airport, collecting you before passport control, walking you through customs, into the bus, off the bus - frankly the best door to door service I have had in a while.

The hotel is what it is - an airport hotel. It has functional and clean rooms, that are a little bit tired but do the job. The airconditioning is one of those ill-adapted central ones where "because it is winter" there is no cooling air available. But if it is warm in the room (like 25 degrees) maybe I would like it to be cooler?

The bed was comfortable and the room bright and cheerful, I slept quite well, although being an airport hotel (and being used by aircrews) it is busy all night long so the corridor was rarely quiet. The hotel asked if I wanted a wakeup call which I did, sadly I never got it but I did wake up in time for my bus back to the airport.

I don't usually go in for personal / subjective criteria but this place is not as bad as some make out. At least, my room and my experience was fine, and the bus service excellent. I felt that the hotel needed a bit more focus (perhaps dropping out of the Golden Tulip chain has made life more difficult).

One final note. The hotel has a "mini supermarket" which has nothing that a traveller might actually need (they sell pringles and chocolates and other sweet stuff). They are missing a goldmine business opportunity to sell water (big bottles, not silly little ones), shampoo, soap, razors, toothpaste, toothbrushes and so on - since everyone who was overnighting on the same itinerary as me left their luggage in the airport - and everyone forgets stuff sometimes.

Anyway, if I was coming back that way I would use it again.

Room tip: Ask for somewhere far away from cabin crew and smokers
Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 4, 2015

We stayed here for the same reason many other travelers stayed here, because of the proximity to the airport. This hotel is terrible. It is the equivalent of a 2.5 star hotel in the US. It was freezing outside but our room was at 70 degrees. I turned on the air conditioner but it kept blowing hot air. I turned on just the fan and still hot air. I tried to open a window but no luck. I called the front desk and they said that the best we could do was to shut off the a/c and the fan. No fresh air. We had to leave the front door slightly ajar so we could get some air in the room. Would not recommend this. Just stay in Amman and drive the extra 30 mins.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2015

I was in transit with Jordan airlines so I was transported in a shuttle to this hotel where very friendly staff welcomed me. Not only its location is very convenient but the room is big, the bed very comfortable, the bathroom has all the necessary amenities and to top it the breakfast and lunch were excellent. In one word I highly recommend it for transit visitors. You wont be deceived at all.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Dayana L
Reviewed December 29, 2014

We booked the Amman airport hotel since we arrived at the ariport in the middle of the night and whanted to go to bed immediately after arrival.
A staff member from the hotel collected us at the airport and assisted us with visa procedure, luggage etc. everything went smothly and a driver took us to the hotel where we got some sleep. The rooms are comfortable and nice, the perfect place if you want to go to bed quickly after an exhausting flight. The airport hotel is about 40 km distance to Amman city center.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Petra G
Reviewed December 23, 2014

You would only stay here if your flight was leaving really early in the morning, so a bad review probably isn't going to deter you, but don't expect your moneys worth. We went for a beer in the sports bar after checking in with the unfriendly receptionist and I was given a dirty glass (washing powder residue I think) ok, that happens but when I complained I got stared down by three staff, one of whom said to me "so, what do you want?" in a please-piss-off kind of way (they did, in the end bring me a fresh beer in a clean glass) we left after one drink, not feeling super welcome and ordered room service instead: a beefburger that tasted like it had been microwave re-heated, stone cold chips and more dirty glasses, the meal was not helped by the pervasive urine smell comming from the bathroom.

Room tip: if your room smells a bit when you first enter, ask for another one, that smell isn't going away all night.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends