“Near the Airport”

Ranked #102 of 145 Hotels in Amman
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Near the Airport”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Nice hotel that is close to the airport. Arrived late in the evening to the hotel without a reservation, the staff very friendly helpful. The hotel is nice, clean and the rooms are comfortable. Just there long enough to spend the night and catch the flight the next day.

Room Tip: ask for a room upgrade. the Concierge is great.
1 Thank Jester2525

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Charlottetown, Canada
Reviewed February 6, 2014

After reading a variety of reviews, I wasn't sure what to expect.

I booked one night at the Amman Airport Hotel and was very impressed.

I have been traveling all over the world for 25 years and the free meet/greet/transfer from the Airport was the most professional, efficient and fast that I have ever experienced. I regret that I cannot remember the young man’s name who greeted me, but he was fantastic. He said, “when you see your bag on the carousel, show me, don’t touch it, I will get it”. We by-passed the long line getting their bags scanned exiting the airport! The driver was equally as friendly and helpful. I love it when they actually talk to you!

Upon arrival at the hotel at midnight (which was very busy as there are many late night departing flights, but not at all chaotic), I along with two other guests who were on the same transfer were taken to the VIP Lounge to be registered. I think this might have been because the main desk was busy. The gentleman registering us did a great job of multi-tasking, having me and one other guest fill out our paperwork, while he processed the third.

My room was very nicely appointed. I was surprised to find a plate wrapped in plastic wrap with a banana, orange and apple! Along with a knife and fork. Nice! Complimentary bottle of water, tea, coffee in the room too (this differs from other reviews. There seems to be some inconsistency, but I sure lucked out)

Many amenities like bath robes, slippers, great selection of toiletries and even a bathroom scale.

My only minor complaint was I couldn’t get the air conditioning to work as it pumped out heat when on ‘cool’, but the room was a good temperature anyway so no big deal. I didn’t bring it to anyone’s attention and sure they would have rectified it had I done so. Also, there was a reference to a room service menu, but didn’t see one. Didn’t want room service anyway.

The room was spotless and housekeeping were super friendly and would say hello to you in the hallway. Check out was a breeze and transfer back to the airport was great.

As I waited for my transfer (I came down to reception early), I watched them on front desk and I can just tell that this is a well run hotel. Staff are happy!!

I’d stay there again in a second.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Terry S
Bangor, Maine
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I've been to many Hotels in the Middle East and for an older Hotel this has the friendliest staff. The reception is very helpful and always smiling. The restaurant staff is very attentive and the housekeeping is doing an excellent job. We spent 12 days there and were very satisfied. A special mention for Carla in the Ristretto Cafe, not only was she smiling and very efficient, she speaks english very well and made everyone's stay that much better.

Room Tip: I'm picky about pillows in Hotels and found their's quite comfy. Curtains restrict almost al...
2 Thank doctorofcopters
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We stayed at the Amman Airport hotel twice with the compliments of the airline, during our recent trip to the Middle East, once on our outward journey and the second on our return journey as we had long transit times. The property is located very near the airport with free shuttle service, only a 5 minutes bus ride. It is a very modern hotel. The check in was efficient and the room assignments made swiftly. The room facilities are very basic, just beds, clean bathroom with towels and that's it. No coffee making facilities, and nothing in the room fridge! The restaurant is situated on the ground floor and the food quality is just ok. Service level in the restaurant need to be improved. Wifi is not free and costs USD8.00 for 2 hours. This is the only airport hotel in Amman and you do not have the luxury of choice.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Stayed at Amman Airport Hotel on January, 9th and 20th which provided by Royal Jordanian for transit purpose. We stayed in a group of 16 pax. There are pros and cons observed as following :

1) The room was okay, but the bedding was not properly set up. The toilet was clogged. Need improvement.
2) The receptionist was too hard to smile
3) The check-in process was slightly slow
4) The food was nice, a few variety of food had been served and the waiter services was much better than the receptionist.
5) The lobby decoration was nice
6) Free wifi should be provided to all guess. At least in the lobby area.

I think, they need to improve to be more friendly to the guess, especially from other country, otherwise we doesn't feel the warmth welcome from the hotel staffs themselves.

Room Tip: Go early for breakfast, lunch and dinner for a quality food.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Kiryat Shmona, Israel
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I got here with a voucher from Royal Jordanian since I had to stay for 11 hours between flights. The hotel was free so I expected the same value.
I was pleasantly surprised to find high end services, clean lobby and room, good food and very warm hospitality.
I wanted to get 2 hours of internet (8 dollars) but did not have international credit card or dollars in cash so they gave me a free voucher with a BIG smile.
As an Israeli I am very proud to have such welcoming and professional neighbors!
Especially I want to point out Amanda and Donea who were amazingly friendly and gave the best service, and Oday, Ismail and Alaa from the desk and the consierge.

Thank you very much! Next time I will definitely book a room here when I need!

2 Thank Amit B
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed January 25, 2014

During my travel to Erbil via Amman I spent nice night at Amman Air Port hotel and I Meet there nice people ,good service Kindly and hospitality people, specially room services and house keeping. they are offering good service and useful advises. I have pleasured to meet Mr. Ahmed Elbenni.. he was always smiling and I hope to be like that forever.
Again I'd like to thanks all staff here and I hope to come back again in my next travels.

2 Thank h_aljilani
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amman
Amman Pasha Hotel
#2 of 12 in Madaba
Saint John Hotel
Saint John Hotel
#5 of 12 in Madaba

Been to Amman Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!