“They are trying hard” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #96 of 148 Hotels in Amman
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“They are trying hard”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Nice people trying hard. That's all good. But as with much in Jordan, much is slightly askew.

I wound up in a bedroom that had clearly had a smoker in it, everything reeked of it when I arrived, and still did when I left 8 hours later. Would have taken another room if my stay had been more than passing.

Shower head came off.

Lipstick stain on the desk.

Internet service that worked in theory, a little, by wireless, occasionally.

A breakfast waiter who tried very hard to please and would ask, do you want coffee? Yes. With milk or black. With milk. OK, black. Do you want eggs how would you like them? Over-easy. OK, scrambled. He was making every, every effort, but like any great Sacha Cohen routine, it just kept getting more and more skewed as it went on.

At visitor VIP area, they serve you apple juice. Great stuff. And sticking to the furniture, everywhere.

That said, the staff were immensely kind, and really were trying to do the right thing.

All in all, an experience, and beats the rank boredom of the Rome Airport Hilton any night of the week.

Room Tip: Do insist on getting a room that has never been used as a smoking room and before settling in, make...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Gabriel_Winter
Azzam A, Managing Director at Amman Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience at Amman Airport Hotel with us. We would like to offer our apologies for the missteps you encountered at our hotel, as this is not the level of service we are known for providing. We have contacted all the departments you mentioned to ensure that all these issues are corrected for the future. We truly hope that your recent unfortunate experience with us will not deter you from staying with us in the future in order to demonstrate to you the improvements we have made as a result of your valuable comments.

Hotel Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

Only stayed 1 night (2 days). Superb service. Amanda on reception speaks perfect English, very professional and is happy to assist in any way possible.Hotel is excellent and only 2 minutes (literally) from the airport. (Would be ideal as a transit hotel for long haul) Very comfortable rooms with all expected amenities of a top hotel (A/C, Safe, fridge, wifi etc). Pool area would benefit from umbrellas but shaded areas close by. Staff were all friendly and while not all spoke good English there was usually someone close by who did.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank patsy29
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay ataman Airport Hotel and that you enjoyed your visit. We are always pleased to hear from a happy guest and we look forward to welcoming you again soon

Giza, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

One night, I had booked online a room via booking.com to stay for one night only in this hotel, and in the very next day; as soon as I reached the airport, I found a guy (omair) with an A4 paper with my Name written on it !!! WAW,,,
He took a very good care of me, he finalized all documents, procedures & even arranged for transportation to the hotel,,
All that was because I just booked on booking.com a night earlier.
As soon as i reached the hotel, I was treated as VIP, I felt good & the guys (Amanda, Gamal,.. etc) finalized everything professionally, quickly & above all this friendly,
A great hospitality was shown to me & I totally recommend this hotel for anyone who wants to visit Amman.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Ahmedamr80
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to learn that we were able to exceed your expectation during your recent stay at our Hotel. We have shared your most kind comments with the rest of the team, as there is no better motivation than praise for a "job well done". Thank you and we hope to welcome back again soon.

Corbera de Llobregat, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

We had booked this hotel because our flight was scheduled to arrive at 21h30 and thus we preferred to take our hire car the morning after. The shuttle bus to the hotel kept us waiting half an hour at the airport on arrival, for a 3Km distance, and on departure the driver was unable to understand that we wanted to descend at the arrivals terminal to collect our car and instead he left us in the departures area. You may be thinking that the bus is not the hotel, but the service at the hotel was not better. The facilities are in line with what you may expect from a 4-star but that's all. The breakfast is nothing to write home about. The personnel ... well, we had a bad moment when they wanted to charge us for I-don't-remember-what from the mini-bar that we had actually not consumed. I found that really insulting. I never hide anything similar because I was educated to pay for my expenses. How can that people believe that you pay 500€ for the plane ticket and 100+€ for the room and then you want to cheat a couple of euros of a damned snack? Really unwise and reason enough to avoid that hotel if any new opportunity arises.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We are disappointed to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations during your recent stay with us. We would like to offer our apologies for us not being able to meet your expectations, as this is not the level of service we are known for providing.
I would appreciate you contacting me on my email below in order to better understand your disappointments.
I look forward to hearing from you soon. Again, please accept our sincere apologies

Motel Management Team
ayasin@ammanairporthotel.com
Rapid City, South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Thumbs up for the former Golden Tulip except for the evening buffet. Royal Jordanian Airlines changed my flight itinerary and offered me a stay for free because of the inconvenience. This isn't a shining star, but the staff were very nice, and the bellhop gave me a complete rundown of everything I needed to know. Because of its location -- basically isolated on the access road to the airport -- your only real choice for dinner is the hotel restaurant. The buffet was very standard, though I saw a menu in my room later and came away thinking I should have ordered off the menu instead. The bed was comfortable, but the air conditioning needed a lower setting, I think. Their idea of a "low" fan setting was still pretty hefty -- although, to be fair, this IS the Middle East in summer. The breakfast buffet was better, though no scrambled eggs. When I didn't see any orange juice, I asked an attendant to bring me a glass. It took about 10 minutes, which annoyed me for a moment until I realized it was freshly squeezed! One last note: In my room (and probably others), there are no glass doors that close. There is one pane of glass, but the open space means you need to take extra care in pointing the hand-held shower head. Overall, not excellent, but very good!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank wkyken
Azzam A, Managing Director at Amman Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your time and patience in writing this detailed and insightful feedback on the tripadvisor forum. It gives us immense pleasure to know that you had a good stay this visit. We have shared your review with the team at the hotel and they are delighted to know that you found the service up to your expectations. We have reviewed your comments with the team at the hotel and we are already in the process of refurbishing certain areas for a better guest experience. We hope to welcome you back at Amman Airport Hotel soon.

Bethlehem, Palestinian Territories
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Clean room, nice furniture and very comfortable bed. Everyone was very friendly and courteous. WIFI is totally free and you just need to get a different login information after each 10-hour usage. At check-in, I was served with a glass of orange juice. Shortly after I settled in the room, the room service brought in a plate of fresh fruit. Inside the room, there are many tea bags and coffee for you to enjoy. I especially liked the oversized mug. The shuttle was great. When I had to go to the post office at the airport, the hotel arranged the shuttle for me to and from the airport. The lobby has many sofa to rest on and wait around until time to go to the airport. The sandwich at the cafe and deli in the lobby was very nice. The complimentary breakfast offers freshly made omelet with variety of fillings. The lady chef made the best omelet I have ever had. The bathroom provides all the traditional small sized soap, shampoo, bath gels, and body lotions that will get thrown away after just one night use. Therefore, in order to be environment-friendly, I suggest the hotel changes to a type of dispensing method like those in Japanese hotels. Overall, this is a nice place for a comfortable transit night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Jessie C
Azzam A, Managing Director at Amman Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a warm and kind review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay so much. Your recognition is very important to us and we are glad that we met your expectations.
We look forward to welcome you back in Amman Airport Hotel in the nearest future.

Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I had to spend a transit night at the hotel, while i was on my way from Frankfurt to New York.
I gotta say it was one of the best transit nights i've ever experienced. The room was comfortable, the food was great and above all the room service, receptionists.staff and management

Speaking of perfect customer service and professionalism, Jamal who was one of the receptionists staff, knows how to treat a customer with hospitality, professionalism and respect, he's a great image to the hotel and his colleagues, bottom of the line that gentleman knows what is the meaning of "Great Customer Service"

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank MY0ussef
Azzam A, Managing Director at Amman Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Amman Airport Hotel. We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your time and that your stay was pleasant. Also very happy to hear that our team managed to make you feel special. We have shared your most kind comments with the rest of the team, as there is no better motivation than praise for a "job well done. Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back with us soon.

Hotel Management Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amman
Amman Pasha Hotel
Zaman Ya Zaman Boutique Hotel
Mariam Hotel
Mariam Hotel
#2 of 11 in Madaba

Been to Amman Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!