“Excellent Hotel, Courteous Staff.. Amazing stay overall”

Amman Airport Hotel
Ranked #101 of 149 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed in Amman Airport Hotel in 1st week of July. The check in was smooth. All the staff from the reception, room service, restaurants, house keeping was smiling and courteous and were ready to help at all times. Osama and Amanda in the front office were very helpful and were ready to support at all times. The rooms are very good and the location is great, just 5 minutes from Amman Airport. The rooms have the most modern facilities and are clean and fresh. Mr. Yousef and Mr. Tamimi was always there to support us. The food was also very tasty and the spread was big. We had food at Tulip and Mosaic restaurants and it was good. The pool area is big, so is good for families also.

Our group checked in and the MD Mr. Azzam Yasin was at the hotel to make sure that the group was served properly. Our luggages were handled by Muhammed and Issa and its been really a long time that I found a whole hotel staff smiling and ready to work hard to make their guests happy. We were also send special fruit baskets into our rooms.

I would recommend Amman Airport Hotel to anyone visiting Amman.

Room Tip: Rooms at the top floor is good. 3rd and up.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Alexander_Kuruvilla
Azzam A, Managing Direcyor at Amman Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write the review. It was a pleasure to hear that you have enjoyed our team’s level of hospitality, location, room features, complimentary amenities and the dinning facility of our hotel. We were glad to pass on your feedback to the rest of the team.

We are looking forward to seeing you back in our hotel with your next visit to Amman.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

First off I love Jordan but this hotel needs an entire makeover compared to the rest of Jordans hotels. I was supposed to have been comped lunch and dinner by royal Jordanian airlines . Upon trying to asking the front desk ( Jamal ) ignored me and gave me this very superfishial aditude . After getting his attention and asking him where was the dining area he had a bellman walk me to the dining area just as I was about to enter ( Ryad ) another person who wore a suite and looked like he was important within the hotel pulled us away at the last minute and told us to come with him to the other restaurant located on the other side of the hotel. Long story short we where given the shuffle until I gave up and said no worries I am going to go at outside of the hotel. Neither Jamal or Ryad attempted to stop me. They both made me feel very bad . This hotel needs a lesson in class and how to treat a customer. Compared to all of the other hotels that I stayed in at Jordan this one had the smallest rooms ,the smelliest hallways and the advertised pool was supposedly closed at 5 P.M. unheard of.

Room Tip: Kempinski hotel and la meridian are truly 5 star hotels priced under this one.
2  Thank camelman34
Azzam A, Managing Directoe at Amman Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

Providing excellent customer service is one of the things we pride ourselves on and we are sincerely sorry to read that in this case you feel we have fallen short of your expectations. This is definitely not up to our standards and we are constantly working on improving the quality of service provided. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best Regards,,

Reviewed July 17, 2013

It is a nice compact hotel very nice for relaxing during your transit. Had a long break of 9 hours while flying back from sharm el sheikh to delhi. The hotel has neat small rooms and the lunch buffet also offers a good variety. Can't ask much more from a transit hotel. You can hire a cab and visit Dead sea and other places around.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank anujmehta10
Azzam A, Managing Director at Amman Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It was a pleasure to hear that you have enjoyed our lunch quality, convenience of the location, and room features.

We will be anticipating your next stay at Amman Airport Hotel and we remain at your disposal.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stayed here as a transit customer on Royal Jordanian. I had a two-night layover and the airline put me up for free. My stay also included all meals, buffet style at the Tulip Restaurant (one of three in the hotel, I think). The hotel is nice, clean and the staff is extremely friendly. I had to stay in the hotel because I was a transit customer (couldn't leave). Unfortunately, as a transit customer, the pool and Wifi are an extra charge. $12 is way too much to use a pool and $8 for 3 hours of internet is annoying (you can't even pay by the day). It is so easy to provide free WiFi and super annoying that they don't. Overall, though, I would recommend this hotel if all you need is an airport stay-over.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room. I also heard that some rooms have WiFi for free...try to get one of thos...
2  Thank Megan H

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us.
We are pleased that you liked our hotel and our staff. We apologize for the inconveniences that you have experienced during your stay. These points will be addressed and we hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. We all hope that you would give us another chance to make your experience as best as it can be.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed here on July 3 – during the day and not overnight - as I had an 11 hr transit with Royal Jordanian Airlines. The hotel is used primarily, but not exclusively by the airline to house transit passengers.,

The rooms are nice and clean. On par with what Americans call 3.5 stars. There is cable TV (CNN, BBC, Al-Arabya and one English language movie channel. There are many other movie channels but mostly in Arabic).

There is a fridge, coffee maker and, VERY SMART of the hotel…a safe big enough to take a laptop!

Bathroom is modern with excellent water pressure in the shower.

Transit passengers (like I was) are given meals that are served buffet style in the Tulip Restaurant. In here the b/fast and lunch are great.

B/fast includes wonderful cheeses, salads, pastries and jams. And yes, they even have cereals for westerners who can’t go without.

Lunch was several hot dishes – fish, meats, vegetables etc. Salads, first class pastries and other Arabic deserts such as Malabi.

I am a FUSSY eater and the food here is a joy for food lovers.

There are other restaurants in the hotel (more fancy) but I did not try them.

There is a complimentary airport shuttle which transit passengers are shepherded towards. Other passengers need to find the pick up point.

If you want to see the City of Amman – 45 mins away by car - you will need a visa which transit passengers are not given. Heads up to transit passengers: Do not be a wise so-and-so and try to travel to Amman to see the sites without a visa because before you leave the hotel’s grounds you will be asked to pony up your passport and without a visa you will be sent to the airport to buy a USD 30 visa. And traveling to/from the airport will cut into your time available for touring.

For transit passengers this hotel – which is given free - is great.
For other travellers this is a good place to spend the first couple of nights in Amman.

Only gripe is that wifi is not included in some room prices, in which case it costs US$8 for 2 hrs and US$15 for 5 hrs.

So would I pay to stay here if I was not given this as a comp by the airline? Yes I surely would.

Room Tip: Very good value. Lovely food.
6  Thank JA-From-Sydney

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a warm and kind review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay so much. Your recognition is very important to us and we are glad that we met your expectations.

We look forward to welcome you back in Amman Airport Hotel in the nearest future.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Rooms were very nice and clean. All facilities were very modern and well maintained, food was very good and many options were available. The pool was great although it was very loud and was over run by a children's birthday party while we were there. Complimentary airport shuttle is a plus. Breakfast served was very good. Lobby staff was a little rude, however room and pool staff were quite nice. If you're looking for a convenient place to stay to the airport, then this is a great spot.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 28,401
Reviewed June 22, 2013

This hotel awesome. The food is great, rooms are clean, food is delicious,everything is great about this hotel.
There is a guy his name is Jamal and he is a receptionist ,he is a really good guy and he is so helpful ,I would like to meet him again and there is an operator girl named amna , she is a good person and she is easy to deal with.
I would recommend you to visit this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank zicoalgallal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amman
Grand Hotel Madaba
InterContinental Jordan
Salome Hotel
Salome Hotel
#4 of 12 in Madaba

Been to Amman Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!