Toledo Amman Hotel
$92
$135
$131
  • Breakfast included
Amman Pasha Hotel(Amman)(Great Value!)
$38
$31
  • Restaurant
Arab Tower Hotel(Amman)(Great Value!)
$45
$26
  • Free Internet
Jordan Tower Hotel(Amman)(Great Value!)
$29
  • Room Service
$78
$61
Travelocity
All reviewsevening buffetmen and womenjett busnice hotelfree wificlose to downtownstayed here for nightsking abdullahupgraded to a suitetaxi rideroom was spaciouslaundry servicethe ground floorfalafeldead searainbow streetlobby
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 8, 2009

This is a solid hotel in Amman. The rooms are generous, but somewhat worn. The breakfast is one of the worse we had in Jordan. The check in has been helpful and there is a 24 hour restaurant in the hotel ,which is not great, but useful for late arrivals. Some of the facilities (garage) where not working when we were there. It's easy and cheap (around 1 JD) to get to downtown or the sights by taxi, but not all taxi drivers know the hotel, so make sure to have instructions from the hotel to get back.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2008

I would not recommend this hotel to people who expect creature comforts and exemplary service. This is a basic hotel that fulfills travellers who are going to be out and about sightseeing. I managed to get a 'Rum Tours' van on recommedation of the hotel. The driver was good/friendly but had no command of English whatsoever (luckily it was a brilliant chance for me to practise my very rusty Arabic!) He drove us to Petra in a day (entry about $40) and believe it or not, once we got there he agreed to continue the journey to Aqaba!! I got back about 12.30am but what an experience! I wish I knew I could do this as I was due to fly out to Aqaba in a couple of days, the airfare from Amman was only $80 return with regular frequency. Beware of guidebooks telling you that many JETT buses and Airport shuttles go from Abdali Station located at the front of the hotel, this has been not the case for a number of years now.
Breakfast was pretty basic but in nice relaxing surroundings and you did not feel rushed. On Fridays, they have a large busy market in the square but it caters mostly to the local market.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed December 21, 2008

I intended to stay at this hotel for two nights at the beginning of my trip in March 2008, and again for another night at the end of my trip, after visiting Jerusalem and Petra. I felt so uncomfortable in this hotel that I ended up changing my plans, leaving after my first night and not returning to Amman at all, and hopefully never.

I am a single woman travelling alone and I hated how all eyes follow you around "knowingly" all the time in this hotel, I felt very uncomfortable and exposed and ended up hiding away in my room, plotting my escape plan.

I ordered room service and recall eating the most expensive, tasteless and watery lentil soup of my life. When I tried to use the phone to contact alternative hotels, it didn't work, and I had to request help with the phone - twice.

They have a free internet cafe on-site which I used - but it smelt really vile and smokey.

Breakfast was okay but nothing special.

The room too was okay (nothing special, really) but overpriced in my opinion.

Most of all I hated the driver that hangs around this hotel and is pushed on you by the hotel - no doubt in exchange for a cut of the profits. He was patronizing, chauvenistic, annoying and expensive, I hated this man, so much so that I cut short my sightseeing and the next day I asked the Mariam hotel to send me a driver from Madaba rather than use him again.

If you are visiting Amman as a tourist and intend to use the capital as a base for your travels around Jordan - don't! - go straight to the Mariam hotel in Madaba - much nicer, friendlier and more accessible, and half the price. You can see Amman's sights as a day trip from Madaba.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed December 16, 2008

I stayed at the Toledo for 3 nights in the beginning of July this year. Due to delays, my flight from Doha into Amman arrived at 1:30am - more than 3 hours later than scheduled. I had previously arranged with the hotel for an airport pick-up service. Due to the delay, I was worried that the staff wouldn't still be waiting. As a woman travelling alone, I had concerns about my safety especially since I had arrived well after midnight. To my surprise, the hotel pick-up staff was waiting for me at the airport, looking rather sleepy and yet still with a big friendly smile on his face.

By the time I arrived at the hotel, it was almost 3am. The staff at the reception was also friendly, and provided me with a welcome drink while organising my check-in. I only had one free day in Amman before the start of my meetings. I was desperate to see some Jordanian sights during that spare day. I knew it was a last minute thing, but I asked the hotel staff whether he would be able to arrange a tour to Petra for the start of the morning. Despite the last minute request, he obliged and somehow managed to organise a private serviced taxi to come to the hotel at 8am, to take me all the way to Petra, with a couple of stops along the way to Madhaba and the Mount Nebo! The taxi driver was also really warm and friendly - a Palestinian named Abu Naser (I think). He even bought fruits and sweets along the way and insisted on sharing them with me at no cost whatsoever (I had already agreed on the rate upfront). The journey back and forth took a whole day, but it was well worth it.

The rest of the experience at the Toledo was excellent. The hotel has a definite Andalusian feel to it, with coloured lamps etc in the entrace. The actual room is small, basic but comfortable - there was a double bed, TV, fridge, wardrobe etc. The bathroom is old and pretty worn out, but clean and functional. The food was excellent - one huge plate of homus and pita bread for something like a dollar!

This hotel would be perfect for travellers on a short shopover in Amman. The friendly service is the highlight of this hotel. *On another note, my brief trip to Jordan has left me with the impression that Jordanians are some of the warmest, most genuine and courteous people I have ever met!

Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2008

An excellent hotel with modern rooms and facilities.

The only strange thing about it was, as it was built on the side of a steep hill, you went DOWN to your room.

As others have said, breakfast is a cold buffet. In the evening I had both the buffet and a meal from the menu - both were excellent.

The further down you go the closer you are to the road and the market opposite.

• Stayed: May 2008