Toledo Amman Hotel
  • Pool
$139
$95
Agoda.com
Amman Pasha Hotel(Amman)(Great Value!)
$33
$103
$388
$247
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsevening buffetmen and womenjett busnice hotelfree wificlose to downtownstayed here for nightsking abdullahupgraded to a suitetaxi rideroom was spaciouslaundry servicethe ground floorfalafeldead searainbow streetlobby
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Stayed in Amman for just one night which is plenty of time for this city as there isn't much to see. Toledo is not near downtown - took us about an hour or so walking and Amman is not easy to navigate! Hotel is fine, rooms OK, bit out of date but nothing to really complain about. Attractive foyer area and breakfast had plenty of choice.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stacyonholiday
Reviewed May 29, 2014

excellent breakfast and very helpful front desk staff. There were large rooms but past thier best. Public areas had a nice Moorish design. They are updating rooms gradually. Key negative is I found hairs in the bath, and elsewhere, in both rooms I stayed in

Room Tip: avoid the back of the hotel which overlooks a noisy market
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank RRuk2011
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Just a 20 minute walk to downtown Amman, the Toledo Amman Hotel is a great value budget place to stay. With an excellent location within reach to downtown Amman, easily walkable or a cheap 2JD taxi ride away. Jett buses also located just minutes away for traveling to other parts of Jordan.

This top-down style where the hotel lobby actually sits on top with floors descend below as if built into the side of a hill.

All air-conditioned rooms at the Toledo Amman Hotel have satellite TV, a kettle and minibar for hot and cold drinks in the room, with some larger rooms also include a kitchenette. The Toledo also has an indoor pool with jacuzzi, spa and gym at the ground level.

The rooms were large and clean but basic, and had everything needed for a simple stay, it is showing some wear but signs indicate modernising is taking place (2014), however there was no disturbance from the upgrades. or any signs of inconveniences.

This was great value option in a decent location, the price was right and the place was clean and friendly. I wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank JoeJourneys
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Spending our last night in Toledo Hotel was certainly the best decision! Enjoyed a good nights rest and delicious breakfast before heading to the streets of Amman to do some last minute shopping. Although it is a bit of a drive to Downtown Amman and Rainbow street it is costs only 2JD by taxi to get there.

Staff where very helpful when we need to print our visa's, store our bags etc.

Loved the interior design :)

Hope to see you soon again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Nixvb
ToledoHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Toledo Amman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Thank you for the very kind words. We sincerely hope you enjoyed your entire trip to Jordan as much as you enjoyed staying at Toledo Amman Hotel. We certainly had the pleasure being of service and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

First of all, I am comparing three hotels in this review, which leads me to my comments here.
I based it on a 3-star hotel in Lebanon, Toledo Hotel and another tourist class hotel in Petra, Jordan.
Please note that this is the first time I am in both Lebanon and Jordan and have no other prior experience with any other hotels in these two countries!
First of all, I flew in from Lebanon and reached Toledo around 10am. My tour guide whom I met at the hotel indicated that my room is not ready as it was still early. Hence, I was more than prepared to leave my luggage at reception but the hotel reception guy gave me a room (much to my surprise!).
I'm not sure if because of that, I might have gotten a slightly better room than what I paid for.
Anyway, on the basis that I was boarded at a tourist class hotel, which I presumed is about 3 to 4 stars, and costs about the same (for all 3 hotels) when it comes to online booking, I would expect that all 3 hotels are similar in standard.
Surprisingly, I realised this is not so. Compared to the 3-star hotel at Lebanon, Toledo was much better and slightly a cut above the hotel in Petra.
First, the bed!!! In Lebanon, the bed in my room was very soft, which I do not like. The bed at Toledo was very nice and firm and I slept very well.
Second, the toilet!!! In Jordan, it seemed a standard item in Toledo and Petra is the hair dryer. I was so "pampered" that when I returned to Lebanon and could not get a hair dryer (even after asking reception!), I was pretty disappointed. In addition, it seemed a must that Jordan hotels provide hand towels, bath towels and foot towel. My Lebanon hotel only provided two bath towels and one towel (much bigger than hand towel but smaller than bath towel) which I couldn't quite ascertain if it's meant for hands or the feet. Cos when I place the towel on the floor, housekeeping decided not to provide the hand/foot towel on the second day... Subsequently, housekeeping would stacked it on top of my bath towels???
Third, the inclusive breakfast!!! The spread and taste of the food served at Toledo for breakfast was really the best amongst the 3 hotels. Even the dinner which I paid for, was better than the dinner at the Petra hotel.
Fourth, free wifi at the hotel lobby seems to be a standard at Jordan hotels! Yay!!!
Fifth, I'm quite impressed that Toledo is a certified Green Key eco-label hotel.
I didn't get to use other facilities in the hotel cos I slept pretty early and left the next day.
However, even for just one short day, Toledo outshines the other two hotels I stayed in during the same period.
The minor grouses I have however, are:
1) The water in the mini-bar in the room (as stated on the price list) is cheaper than the water in the restaurant? Note: Water served at dinner is chargeable!
2) When I flipped the blankets of the two single beds, I could see a few strands of hairs on the white bed sheet of one of the beds. It made me wonder if the sheet was even changed... Luckily, the other bed looks cleaner.
If I should go back Jordan, I think I would most definitely stay at Toledo again!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank kimiFeb2010

Dear friend, WOW, thank you for taking the time to write such a nice and detailed review which I will share with the entire staff because they earned all your compliments. Our official policy is to do everything humanly possible for our guests to feel as comfortable as possible. It seems that we succeeded this time. Your reveiw makes our jobs at Toledo Amman Hotel that much more enjoyable. We certainly hope to see you again soon.