“Excellent staff & Good value for money”
Review of Toledo Amman Hotel

Toledo Amman Hotel
Ranked #14 of 150 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Excellent staff & Good value for money

PROS

Free Wifi however only in lobby area and smells of stale smoke as its a smoking area. Unpleasant.

Friendly and helpful staff.

Tasty authentic Jordanian breakfast.

Spacious sized room with lots of storage space in a quiet area.

Slippers and robe provided.

Effective and quiet air conditioning.

Clean.

Reasonable prices for room service which was good quality and tasty.

Parking right outside the hotel (free).

Location -cheap taxis to downtown to rainbow street (2jod / £1.50- £2) however not walking distance.

CONS

Bathroom in major need of a refurb as shabby and old however clean.

Wifi area is also a smoking area so horrible stale smoke smell.

Location - no eating places around. Nearest is rainbow street - 5mins taxi which is cheap.

Shower - poor pressure.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kellyjcook

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I booked this hotel for two separate nights because I went to another city and then returned to Amman. Lobby is beautifully decorated with Andalusian design. Room is basic, some rooms better than others, overlooked the Abdali market, a little noisy, but wasn’t too bad. I was jetlag the first night, so didn't sleep much anyway. Can hear the daily 4:30am prayer calls. I asked front desk for a wake-up call and the staff said ok (and I reminded him later in the evening), but I never received the call. Luckily, I was up before the time due to jetlag, and I had my own alarm clock. Breakfast starts at 6:30am, but I needed to leave hotel around 6:00am. I told the hotel staff and he said there would be food available by 6:00am, which was the case, so I did get something to eat. Shower pressure for the first room I got wasn't good (quite old), but second time I stay there in another room was better. Same type of room, but better shower water pressure, and bathroom was a bit cleaner, though the bedspread was older. Also got to enjoy full breakfast for my second stay, and it was good. Also had buffet dinner there for 10JD, was very good, especially the dessert. Can use hotel computer for Internet access, charge is 2JD for 1 hour. Hotel is within walking distance of the famous blue top mosque. There are other places to visit that are within walking distance, so Toledo's location is quite good. The hotel's two entrances (upper and lower floors) provide two different views of the city (the quiet residential side and the busy old market side). Some staff were friendly - one porter saw me taking photos of the hotel, and he offered to take a photo of me in front of the hotel. Taxi drivers tend to know this hotel, so it's one less worry when you have a driver that doesn't speak English. For a three star hotel at HotelTravel.com price, Toledo is ok. It's good value for the money (just bring your own alarm clock).

Room Tip: Abdali market side rooms are a bit noisy, but not too bad. Can see King Abdullah Mosque on side.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank 2TravelLight
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Arrived In Jordan and stayed for 2 nights at the beginning of a 10 day trip. Lovely hotel, just very noisey, I had a room which overlooked the market which sets up during the evening. Not ideal when your tired after a long trip. The rooms were comfortable, what made up being kept up most of the night was the yummy breakfasts. So much to choose from. Enjoyed staying in this hotel & set the pace for the rest of my trip.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Loupas G
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Over the course of a ten day trip to Jordan I stayed at this hotel for four nights. When I first arrived in Amman, my suitcase did not! The hotel staff could not have been more helpful. As I do not speak Arabic two men on the front desk rang constantly rang Royal Jordanian Airlines trying to locate my bag. To cut a long story short, they organised for me at a very resonable price to go out to the airport and back to get my bag as I could not wait for the airline to deliver it. The driver even came in and translated for me. The hotel is clean and comfortable and is in a good location - an easy walk to downtown and a 1JD taxi ride back. Breakfast was plentiful. This is a good mid-range hotel that is a perfect base for exploring Amman.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank cbego
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed one night in Amman at the Toledo Hotel. We organised our transfer from the airport to the Hotel via their website and as we landed the driver was waiting for us with a very clear sign: always great after a journey! The Hotel is about 35-40 mins from the airport and the drive was really good. The Hotel itself is very clean and welcoming. The lobby is very pretty indeed with mosaics all the way and great seating area. As the football was on, they had a massive screen and we enjoyed watching the match! We had dinner there and the food was really very good. We were a bit late going down for breakfast, but the flexible personnel welcomed us to help ourselves! Thanks, that was really appreciated! We found our stay at the Toledo extremely welcoming and pleasant: a great introduction to a fantastic country. Thanks!

Room Tip: We did not use their swimming pool and gym, so cannot comment.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dany1964
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stayed recently as part of week holiday in Jordan. Arrived very late but had 2 very large adjoining rooms for family of 4. Good breakfast and buffet. Overall a good 2 night stay. Not sure money change rates were as competitive as possible bu a minor issue. Did not use pool bu nice to know they had one.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank David R
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I read all the good reviews on Tripadvisor and booked here despite finding cheaper options a bit closer to the places we wanted to see so our overall impression was disappointment. The room was quite aged in it fit out and furniture/furnishings quality. The windows facing over the space that becomes a flea market towards the end of the week did not seal so noise comes in (until 3 am as it turned out for the market patrons, then call to prayer before 5 am was 30 metres away). Although we were five floors up, it was a cacophonous noise.
There was a kitchenette in room in the Bookings.com description but it turned out to be a bench with sink, no shelves, kettle, microwave, plate or mug etc. We were supposed to have tea and coffee making in the room so we asked about this at reception and were assured that when we returned they would be there. We came back to find a kettle with frayed wiring that did not work and two mugs. Not even a tea bag. We reported the kettle and were told it would be replaced but it stayed until we checked out.
The reception staff were friendly and helpful but obviously made undertakings they could not fulfill. They were very useful on directions to get out of town to join various highways for our daytrips.
Breakfast was a highlight with good hot and cold food selections if you like Arabic fare (we do) and some basic things such as omlette and boiled eggs, toast etc for those who don't.
Our booking said parking was available but it turns out the carpark in the building is not useable (no explanation). We complained as the street out the front was full of cars and we did not want to leave it too far away and risk damage and took it up with reception as the guy when we pulled up at the front to check in did not even want us to leave it there for 5 minutes (maybe one of the many tour buses were expected any minute). We eventually got to park it one of four spots on the forecourt so please ask if you have similar concerns.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the side facing the street, on our floor I think this was rooms 512, 513, 5...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple