“Functional and comfortable”
Review of Larsa Hotel

Larsa Hotel
Ranked #30 of 148 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here for two nights on a group tour of Jordan.
The rooms were being refurbished and were comfortable and clean. Some of the light shades still had the wrappers on them! The bathrooms were functional - with hot water.
Location wise, this hotel seems a long way from anything that you might want to see - there doesn't seem to be any eating options within walking distance other than a pizza place. We ate in the hotel on 3 occasions. The food was all tasty and hot. Wine and Amstel was available. The sandwich sizes are generous. The hotel has a big bar area. Service was a little slow as most of the stock is not held at the bar.
Wifi is available and free.
Negatives - the swimming pool could do with a good tidy up. It's down a little alley by the side of the hotel with wires hanging down and broken manhole covers. The pool was also freezing. Having abandoned the pool, we headed for the jacuzzi - that was out of order!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Larsa Hotel

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Situated in what seemed like the middle of nowhere. We stayed here for the first and last night of our trip round Jordan. We were able to overlook the half finished feel of our rooms at the start because we were excited but it was a real anticlimax to the end of our trip to return. Room service food was inedible. On the plus side the staff seemed nice and the restaurant area was pleasant. Pity it had a loud TV on all the time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2012

While in Amman in September, I stayed at the Larsa for three nights. The hotel was clean, staff were friendly , and the rooms were large. The breakfast spread was the best I enjoyed in three weeks in the Middle East. The exercise room has all the basics except a fan. The drawbacks? Located Out of the way from downtown Amman and the hotel has been recently renamed, leading to some interesting neighborhoods being toured as cabbies tried to "find our hotel".

Good value.... Recommend this hotel as you explore Amman and Jerash!.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Katrina492
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed here for three nights in mid-September. The room was great and the service was fine.

Upon leaving I informed the clerk at reception that I would stay again on the Friday of the following week and possibly also the Thursday. To be fair,this might have been misunderstood. In any case I was issued with a piece of paper that said "tentative reservation". On the Thusday of the following week I emailed the hotel to confirm that I would stay for one night only -- the Friday. However, when I turned up on the Friday I was told that my booking had been cancelled. The reasons given were varied and contradictory. First I was told that my email had not been received because Thursday was a holiday, then that the booking had been cancelled because I didn't show up on the Thursday, and finally that hotel had been fully booked for "the last two weeks" - ie since before I made my tentative booking. I got the impression that my booking had simply been cancelled to accommodate the huge busload of tourists that had just arrived.

I guess the moral of the story is don't mess with "tentative" bookings and confirm everything by phone, not email.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank TobiasTokyo
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed here as part of a tour of Jordan. Hotel was under renovation in and out while we were there, so a bit noisy in daytime. Staff were extremely friendly and pleasant. Alcoholic drinks can be obtained in the restaurant and the cafe, though of course locals do not consume it. Rooms pleasant and spacious. A/C roared like a jet engine in our room but little cool air was coming out of it. might be tricky in summer! Swimming pool is a bit basic.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Good value hotel, room large and clean, staff very friendly and helpul. Not central, but that was fine as we'd hired a car, and thus avoided driving in the city centre. Parking very haphazard at the hotel. Restaurant was ok, good choice for breakfast, but buffet dinner was rather uninspiring. All in all, we felt we'd made a good choice with the hotel but there was nothing that gave it the 'wow' factor.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I travel frequently to Amman and have found Larsa Hotel to be the best place to stay. The location is convenient for my business away from the very congested areas of Amman. The manager, Ayman Abu Zahra, is always helpful and accommodating to all my needs. I have stayed for business as well as with family. New renovations to bathrooms are quite nice. I recommend the Larsa, especially for value and service.
M. Naji

Room Tip: If you need extra social space ask for the larger corner room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business