“Quality But Falls Short of 4 Star”

Kempinski Hotel Amman
Ranked #12 of 144 Hotels in Amman
Atlanta
“Quality But Falls Short of 4 Star”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Hotel tries for a solid 4 star but rooms are somewhat dated and areas of the hotel need repair. Pool area is good within a city but a little worn out. Gym is good with 2 distinct spaces. WIFI is excellent. Hotel sits on ridge so ask for high floor for great views; ask for east view towards center. There is an executive floor with 3 food services. Sports bar good option and great store downstairs with a lot of unique Jordanian items.

Room Tip: High floor with south view for city and north view of residential.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank BJAJDA
Kempinski_Amman, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel Amman, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience during your recent stay at the Kempinski Hotel Amman. Being our valued guest, your opinion and feedback is extremely important to us, as it will help us to further enhance and shape our service in delivering a truly memorable and authentic experience to our customers.

I appreciate and have noted your suggestion where we have room to engage in further strengthening our product and service. Meanwhile I look forward to welcome you back to Kempinski Hotel Amman soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me any time if I can be of assistance to you for your next stay in Amman.

Beat Wiesmann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Kempinski Amman while visiting Jordan for tourism.

The entire staff at Kempinski has been very welcoming and accommodating. Each and everyone goes and extra mile to ensure that the guest is feeling at home.

Breakfast selection was amazing and was different everyday for 10 days.

Stayed July 2013

Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

I had a five day workshop in the hotel and basically spent most of my day there.

The service was pretty good and the staff were helpful but we had some bumps. Towels with unknown black dots, broken glass in the basket thrown by housekeeping, waiter with an attitude problem, and sometimes their service was too slow. Good stay all in all.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Kareemkhalil22
Kempinski_Amman, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel Amman, responded to this review, June 10, 2014

I do apologize that we were not able to accomplish your expectation of service and product this time and I have made note of the particular area you felt that we have room to improve. Specially your remarks regarding the housekeeping performance has been addressed with my team.

I know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose Kempinski Hotel Amman for your future travel needs and I look forward to welcome you back soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me any time if I can be of assistance to you for your next stay in Amman.

Kiti, Cyprus
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We stayed in this hotel twice with an interval of 10 days. We felt very welcome and staff made every effort to make our stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible. When an administrative problem caused delay when checking in for the second time, we were pampered with refreshments and kind attention during the time we had to wait. The swimming pool could do with some upgrading and the temperature in the downstairs restaurant could be somewhat more comfortable (the airco made it really chilly). The entrance is somewhat difficult to find when tou arrive for the first time. We van certainly recommend this hotel with much personal attention that isndifficuot to find in an international hotel like this.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2014

This is a great hotel. I stayed here for business a few weeks ago and the staff could not have been more welcoming. The facilities are great. Lovely relaxing outside area, the gym is well equipped but quite small and plenty of choice of places to eat. The breakfast was great, lots of choice including fruit, cereal, cooked breakfast an omelette bar, pastries and selection of teas and coffee. The sports bar is a strange bar. It's a huge area with some comfy chairs that look like they belong in a poolside bar and some more casual seating. This was a huge space that was never busy. The staff in there also sometimes needed prompting a few times to try and get their attention. Other than that I cannot fault the hotel and would return. Good tip - there is a restaurant called Houstons across the road, which doesn't look much from the outside but does great food reasonably priced.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Kempinski_Amman, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel Amman, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
I am pleased to know that we were able to delight you and look forward to welcome you back to Kempinski Hotel Amman soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me any time if I can be of assistance to you for your next stay in Amman.

Oswestry
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Stayed for three nights at the start of a tour of Jordan.

The hotel is a typical modern hotel, the location is not idea for extensive eating out as there is not a lot around it in terms of restaurants. Contrary to some of the reviews on this site we found the suite we were in to be clean, tidy and modern and well on a par with European hotels (better than a lot on the continent!). The food in the main restaurant was OK, nothing special though and expensive but we were to find this the case everywhere we stayed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Kempinski_Amman, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel Amman, responded to this review, June 2, 2014

I appreciate and have noted your suggestion where we have room to engage in further strengthening our product and service regarding the food offered and provided at our main restaurant as well as the rest of the outlets, to meet the expectations of all our valuable guests. Meanwhile I look forward to welcome you back to Kempinski Hotel Amman soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me any time if I can be of assistance to you for your next stay in Amman.

Mombasa
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I was there for a 4 days for a conference .
The rooms for the conference are good, with all the facilities .
The tea breaks where good .
The rooms spacious with the essentials , good beds. The bath room as well good.
The meals all buffet well displayed , lots of varieties to all the tastes, plenty .
Staff ok but sometimes not very helpful , maybe because the language barrier , but always very kind.

Room Tip: I believe that all the rooms are good. The higher the better view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Kempinski_Amman, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel Amman, responded to this review, May 17, 2014