“Good people, Good place, Excellent Service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kempinski Hotel Amman

Kempinski Hotel Amman
Ranked #12 of 148 Hotels in Amman
Toulouse, France
“Good people, Good place, Excellent Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

I have just finished a weeks stay at the Kempinski in Amman, I have stayed at most hetels in Amman, but this was my first time, though not to be my last at the Kempinski in Amman.
Service particulary the house keeping was first rate, never had service like that before, it was easily comparable to say the Ritz Carlton in Doha, or any of the Hiltons I have stayed at in Paris or London.
One of the things I liked about the Kempinski was that the staff from the GM down were all visable and not hidden away in thier offices, if you had a concern it was dealt with straight away by the person responsible.
Security was obvious, but not disruptive to the daily running of the hotel, in the current climate in the Middle East, I found the securtiy staff, well motivated, proffesional and polite.
The food I had was good, and fair portions for a fair price.
Hotel was clean, and although a five star hotel, you felt at home and not as a stranger or a tourist, more liked you belonged there.
In short great people, a good hotel, with excellent service.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank George W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

a nice place to stay in , had an amazing accommodation over there , i would recommend it to all , the business lounge is very nice , for sure i would stay there again !!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Madrid
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2012

Great location in one of the most trendy neighbourhoods in Amman, staff was really nice and happy to assist, Food was one of the best things, very tasty, could have been more varied though. Room was not bad at all either. Enjoyed the Strikers Entertainment Center big time.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2012

So it's my fifth time @ this amazing hotel, and my first time on the trip advisor, the reason for that is to share my joyful experience there with everyone and to find a way to thank this hotel and staff for their fabulous service.

First and foremost, I gotta say that I felt already home once I got in, smiling faces are everywhere, pleasant staff and customers too. I felt like being between a family; everybody greets me, I was treated like a royal customer. A very relaxing music, a warm environment, elegant decor.

The hotel is in great location and has all the facilities you need, food is extremely delicious especially the Italian restaurant.

Pool , gym and spa areas are gorgeous and very clean, I also often play bowling and the bowling alley was big , I had so much fun , toilet is incredibly neat and clean, The rooms are spacious, clean , very accommodating and although the hotel is located in the city but it was so quite in there not to mention that room service was excellent.
To sum up during all my visits I was never disappointed and I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

We have recently returned from Jordan, including 3 nights at the Kempinski Amman. It is very much a business hotel and I would clasify it as 4* rather than 5, but having said that is was a good hotel that suited us for a few nights in Amman.

The staff were absolutley amazing and the concierge helped us book a day trip and showed and drew on a map for us the main attractions to visit and told us we were better off getting a normal cab (£1 or 2 dinars) rather than a hotel cab (5 dinar). He told us where the local Snax shop was (bascially at the base of the Kempinski on the main road). He wrote arabic instructions for us and generally went out of their way to be helpful.

Becuase we arrived late, we grabbed a club sandwhich in the Sports Bar which was afforable and nice. The service in there was excellent too. We had breakfast one morning at the Kempinski and it was good but personally I dont like paying £16 for breakfast so we normally grabbed a muffin from the Snax shop.

The room was also fine, there was a few little things like the dry air at night that I had noticed from other reviews as well, but it isnt a major and there was a bit of mildew on the shower panel in the corner. Complimentary water every morning and a lovely cleaner. Firm large bed and standard bathroom. Overall I couldnt complain, it was very much suit a business man and I get the impression that was most of their clientele. There seemed to be a few conferences advertised within the hotel while we were there.

The one thing I didnt expect was the x-ray/frisk when we entered the building everytime, but that seems to be standard in Jordan (well at the places we stayed) and I guess it is for your own saftey.

Just for anyones info, we booked a day trip through the conceirge (probably 10xmore expensive!) which was basically just a driver and his car and we asked him where to go. Usual sites..Madaba, Mount Nebo & Dead Sea. We went to the public beach at the Dead Sea and it was fine, no problems there. The driver was lovely and totally flexible as to where and what we wanted to see.

We booked transfers from the airport the Kempinksi and down to Petra through Desert Adventures, there are plenty of similar arrangements. Note the tourist visa queue at Queen Alia was sooo long, took nearly an hour!

Enjoy the Kempinksi!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank auralay99
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

I stayed at Kempinski Hotel Amman last December and was extremely pleased with the accommodations and the service. The staff was very attentive to all my needs, always with a smile on their face. The room was comfortable with all the amenities I could have wanted. The restaurants were outstanding. I couldn't have been happier with my stay. I would highly recommend this hotel to any traveler visiting Amman.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

We enjoyed very much staying 3 nights in that great hotel. We spent Christmas eve and christmas night there. Even if there was nothing special in the main dinning room, we enjoyed having turkey dinner and special christmas deserts. The service at the dinning room was excellent and we enjoyed every minutes of it. The rooms were spacious and you could find everything you expect from a 5 stars hotel. We enjoyed the spa, sauna and jaccuzzi. This was a nice thing since we were part of a grand tour of Jordan and had busy days. I would go back anytime to that hotel. Great place!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family