“Terrible Terrible Terrible”

Ranked #119 of 142 Hotels in Amman
Brisbane, Australia
“Terrible Terrible Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2009

My friend booked us into this hotel. We were there for two days over Eid holiday. To start with man at reception spoke no english.. So really we couldnt complain to him..
where do I start?
First the smell in the bath room was just bad.. got someone to clear the bath hole to get the water to drain out.. we were having a shower and a bath at the same time!!
The Bidet.. had toilet paper stuffed down in it.. why that was I dont know but would hate to think what was under it.. this wasnt removed while we were staying..
small cake of soap was stuffed down basin for the duration also..
as it was the holiday the room was not cleaned for two days.. nor were we bought clean towels.. we used our towels to mop up all the water over the floor!!
The heating!!! absolutely no heating whatsoever.. room was freezing.. we had 0 temperatures at night.. my daughter and I wore all our clothes to bed just to keep warm..
Breakfast was as good as anywhere else we stayed.. eggs , bread, olives, tomatoes and cucumber..
Disco booming downstairs till maybe 8.30 in the morning..
dont know why they cant get their act together as the hotel could be nice.. but for me would never stay there again..

• Stayed December 2009
1 Thank Beezely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Ottawa, ON
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

We booked 3 nights here through 1800Hotels. When we arrived and showed our reservations, we were given our room. The room was passable, the service was almost non-existent, and when we checked out, the manager tells us he hasn't received any money from 1800Hotels and that we would have to pay the regular rates to check out. It cost us $400. When they finally received the money from 1800Hotels, San Rock refused to refund or $400. I guess we learned two lessons from our stay.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RossReid

Travelers are raving about these Amman hotels

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2009

It was dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed. Towels were stained, windows dirty, carpets and curtains dusty and grey. My friends even find nails beside the bed. Pictures will speak for them self.
In the corridors curtains were ripped and dirty. Cleaners did make swans from towers but no hooverring. After what we seen in the rooms we were afraid to touch breakfast.
The only good thing I remember was polite and helpful breakfast waiter.
Please stay away from this dirty place, it is not safe for your health.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank Snieguole
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2009

This is not a fantastic place to stay by any means, however my experience at this hotel was not as bad as some of the other reviews.
It's not terribly modern or terribly clean, but I didn't find it so dirty that I would not stay there.
Staff was friendly enough.
I thought the breakfast was quite good actually.
My room was at the front of the hotel and I did not hear the disco (and I am a light sleeper). In fact I didn't even know there was a disco until I had been told by others in my group who were complaining of the noise.
The location isn't central, but taxis are plentiful, quick and inexpensive (~$3 to $4 US to centre each way).
I stayed at this hotel as part of a group so did not book it myself. Having said that, I did extend my stay in Amman a couple of days longer than our group, and I did not bother booking into a different hotel. The bother wouldn't have been worth it in my opinion.
Don't expect a lot and you won't be disappointed!
I am planning another trip to Amman in the near future and, while it's not out of the realm of possibilities, I likely won't be staying here again.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Its dullness
  • Stayed November 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Rambling_Canuck
Shipley, West Yorskshire, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2009

Stayed here as part of a group tour of Jordan for 1 night only at end of trip. OK for 1 night I think, and we did not eat here apart from breakfast which was fine.

Room OK but windows were filthy - probably because adjacent to enormous building site for Jordan Gateway.

Bar quite expensive. No atmosphere.

Stayed November 2008
1 Thank YorkshireUKtraveller
Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2008

1) Very stingy hotel - dark and very cold inside, did not turn on central heating unless requested (this was winter in Jordan, rain and very windy, under 10 degrees celsius), and even then, they preferred to roll in a portable radiator rather than turning on central heating. And when central heating was eventually turned on (when occupancy was high enough for them to bother), it was turned off at 1am and one could start shivering.
2) Disco in basement from midnight to 8am. Very loud! Booming could be heard up to 7 floors above! How to sleep?!? Lots of Russian girls left the disco at 8am. Hmmmm,....

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Cold room, noisy un-soundproofed disco in basement which can be heard on all floors
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
Campinas, SP
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2008

The Hotel is really cheap, in every sense! Poor location, no maintennace, dirty rooms, dirty bathroom, very, very old mattress, and above all, they have a disco dance place in the basement that goes very, very, very loudly until 7:00AM, everyday, poundig your ears strongly all nigth long. We had a 7 day resrevation, left on the second day to a much, much better hotel nearby, the RATAJ Hotel (retajhotel.com), only US$30 a day more expensive but tottaly worth it. I would not recommend Sea Rock to anyone, stay away.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Very dirty
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)