“Friendly Staff, not what i was expecting :)”
Review of San Rock Hotel

and 1 more site!
San Rock Hotel
Ranked #124 of 145 Hotels in Amman
Roma
“Friendly Staff, not what i was expecting :)”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This was my second stay at the San Rock hotel. The first stay i wasn't really happy, the rooms were terible and really old fashioned but this time i was really impressed the hotel is quiteand peaceful, good modern rooms and helpful staff. I was surprised how a lot has changed in so little time.
Am Really impressed, if you looking for a good 3 star hotel in amman this is the one to go to.
Am trying to upload pictures but its not uploading, i will try again soon :)

Room Tip: For a double room chose the west side of the hotel, north side rooms is specially 125 is close to th...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MIchele C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Tilburg, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We booked a tour, including hotels and were supposed to stay at a different hotel, last minute it was changed to the san rock hotel. When we checked the hotel on tripadvidor we saw the terrible reviews and were scared that we would be staying in a terrible and dirty hotel. But the hotel was very nice, nice and clean rooms (not the Hilton though), hot showers and good food. The staff was very friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 11, 2011

We bought a flights+hotel package to Amman from Istanbul and didn't have a choice where we stayed.
After reading the other reviews, I was expecting the worst, so it was better than I'd hoped.
On the upside, the beds were comfortable and the hotel had obviously hired some English-speaking staff.
On the downside:
- The room and bathroom had not been thoroughly cleaned before we arrived - there was dust on every surface and the floors were dirty - and the bathroom smelled.
- The shower leaked all over the bathroom floor every time we used it.
- Our room was not cleaned or made-up once during our 4-night stay, despite putting the "Please make-up my room" sign on the door.
- The breakfast was pretty ordinary - Orange Tang instead of juice, watery milk made from powder, stale cornflakes, plus the normal Middle Eastern fare of yoghurt, jam, boiled eggs, cheese, olives, hummus, "salami," tomatoes, cucumber, flatbread, tea and coffee (instant).
- When we asked reception to call us a taxi, they called a guy who was obviously a mate and refused to put on the meter. He told us it would be 15JD, then 10JD, for a journey downtown so we jumped right back out. We hailed a taxi from the street instead and the meter came to under 2JD, but we gave the guy 3JD for being nice and helpful and because that's what we were expecting to pay.
Overall, I would not choose to stay here, but it was ok for a cheap package deal if you keep your expectations low.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Amman hotels

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed December 16, 2009

My friend booked us into this hotel. We were there for two days over Eid holiday. To start with man at reception spoke no english.. So really we couldnt complain to him..
where do I start?
First the smell in the bath room was just bad.. got someone to clear the bath hole to get the water to drain out.. we were having a shower and a bath at the same time!!
The Bidet.. had toilet paper stuffed down in it.. why that was I dont know but would hate to think what was under it.. this wasnt removed while we were staying..
small cake of soap was stuffed down basin for the duration also..
as it was the holiday the room was not cleaned for two days.. nor were we bought clean towels.. we used our towels to mop up all the water over the floor!!
The heating!!! absolutely no heating whatsoever.. room was freezing.. we had 0 temperatures at night.. my daughter and I wore all our clothes to bed just to keep warm..
Breakfast was as good as anywhere else we stayed.. eggs , bread, olives, tomatoes and cucumber..
Disco booming downstairs till maybe 8.30 in the morning..
dont know why they cant get their act together as the hotel could be nice.. but for me would never stay there again..

• Stayed December 2009
1 Thank Beezely
Ottawa, ON
Reviewed October 8, 2009

We booked 3 nights here through 1800Hotels. When we arrived and showed our reservations, we were given our room. The room was passable, the service was almost non-existent, and when we checked out, the manager tells us he hasn't received any money from 1800Hotels and that we would have to pay the regular rates to check out. It cost us $400. When they finally received the money from 1800Hotels, San Rock refused to refund or $400. I guess we learned two lessons from our stay.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RossReid
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2009

It was dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed. Towels were stained, windows dirty, carpets and curtains dusty and grey. My friends even find nails beside the bed. Pictures will speak for them self.
In the corridors curtains were ripped and dirty. Cleaners did make swans from towers but no hooverring. After what we seen in the rooms we were afraid to touch breakfast.
The only good thing I remember was polite and helpful breakfast waiter.
Please stay away from this dirty place, it is not safe for your health.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank Snieguole
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed February 9, 2009

This is not a fantastic place to stay by any means, however my experience at this hotel was not as bad as some of the other reviews.
It's not terribly modern or terribly clean, but I didn't find it so dirty that I would not stay there.
Staff was friendly enough.
I thought the breakfast was quite good actually.
My room was at the front of the hotel and I did not hear the disco (and I am a light sleeper). In fact I didn't even know there was a disco until I had been told by others in my group who were complaining of the noise.
The location isn't central, but taxis are plentiful, quick and inexpensive (~$3 to $4 US to centre each way).
I stayed at this hotel as part of a group so did not book it myself. Having said that, I did extend my stay in Amman a couple of days longer than our group, and I did not bother booking into a different hotel. The bother wouldn't have been worth it in my opinion.
Don't expect a lot and you won't be disappointed!
I am planning another trip to Amman in the near future and, while it's not out of the realm of possibilities, I likely won't be staying here again.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Its dullness
  • Stayed November 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Rambling_Canuck