“Dana to Petra: an unbelievable five days”
Review of Experience Jordan

Experience Jordan
Ranked #3 of 24 Outdoor Activities in Amman
More attraction details
Owner description: We create memories by arranging trips and tours and providing an experience of the wonders of Jordan that you will never forget. Don't just visit Jordan, EXPERIENCE JORDAN with us.
Reviewed November 10, 2014

Thank you so much to Experience Jordan for this unforgettable trip! Myself, three other hikers, two Experience Jordan guides, and one local guide took this incredibly beautiful hike in early October. The guides were unfailingly friendly, helpful, and hilarious; the food was delicious every day; the tour of Petra was informative and interesting; and the hike itself was far too beautiful for me to describe here…. the whole experience was absolutely perfect. I would recommend this trip to anyone with the physical stamina for it (it's not easy!).

1  Thank Isabel B
in 8 reviews
"an incredible experience"
"spent days"

Reviewed November 4, 2014

In early October I had the absolute pleasure of hiking with Bazurka (a gorgeous donkey lady), her "owner" (if a donkey can ever be "owned"?) - our local Bedouin guide, Ayman, the guide from Experience Jordan plus 4 other fellow hikers from Dana to Petra. The hike took us through spectacular country side and along narrow mountainous paths. At times, the hiking was hard work, but there was always Bazurka as a back-up for tired hikers. Luckily none of us really needed to rely on her services. Our camping was fully supported - which meant we only need to carry our day packs (Bazurka carried additional water - just in case) and a local Bedouin group took care of the rest: set up camp (including a wash tent plus toilet), cooked every night a delicious dinner, lit a nice fire and magically moved everything the next day to a new camp site. I warmly remember the excitement (or was it just relief?) when after a long days hiking I could see our new campsite from far. Not sure what made me more excited - the prospect of a cup of tea and some nice sweets or knowing that my feet will get a well deserved rest.
The final day started with a spectacular hike into Petra "through the back door" close to the Monastery and then we spent a full day exploring Petra with the help of a local, archeologically trained guide.
I can fully recommend this trek as it was well planed, organised and supported. But even more importantly I felt I was hiking with with a group of old friends although I was actually traveling solo!

1  Thank Sigrid P
Reviewed November 4, 2014

The best of Amman.. If you are new in Amman and wish to njoy the nature, local life, adventure, or hiking please this is the best place.
The guide Ayman AbdAlkareem- a great person with a smiling face. they are professional, very friendly, fluent in English, and very helpful throughout the hikes guiding all the hikers to the safest step possible.
The walks are fantastic and the best way to understand the local community.

If you are a person to explore this country- this is the best choice..

Reviewed November 3, 2014

I participated to the Experience Jordan 2 days hiking/camping trip to Wadi Hasa and had a wonderful time. I had previously done several one day hikes with them and was always impressed with their professionalism and friendliness. Wadi Hasa is one of the most beautiful wadis in Jordan and even though the trail was a little challenging for a beginner level hiker, the ever caring and smiling support of the team made it easy and fun for anyone to do. The views are literally breathtaking and the time of the year was perfect with the suspended lush gardens and the beautiful colorful stones all around. We camped under the stars, enjoyed a typical Jordanian diner and breakfast and had a lot of fun together as a small group of Jordanians and expats getting to know each other better. I would encourage everyone not to miss it or to embark in any Experience Jordan adventure!

See more reviews
Reviewed October 20, 2014

I have been on 2 excursions/hikes with this team so far and I highly recommend it to anyone searching for a professional and friendly staff. The guides are professional, very friendly, fluent in English, and very helpful throughout the hikes guiding all the hikers to the safest step possible. The entire team is absolutely wonderful and I couldn't of asked for a better group of people! Thank you Experience Jordan! Looking forward to many other treks throughout Jordan! TWO THUMBS UP! You guys rock! :)

1  Thank Summar K