“Walking Abraham Path in Jordan.”

Experience Jordan - Day Trips
and up
Sightseeing Tour to Petra from Amman
Ranked #2 of 22 Outdoor Activities in Amman
More attraction details
Owner description: We create memories by arranging trips and tours and providing an experience of the wonders of Jordan that you will never forget. Don't just visit Jordan, EXPERIENCE JORDAN with us.
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Experience Jordan organised our trip to Jordan and would recommend the company wholeheartedly. The trip included walking with Uk Friends of Abraham's Path for a week , followed by tour of Petra and Desert at wadi Rum.
Matt at Experience Jordan put the package together for us . Special thanks to Murad, our walking guide for his complete professionalism, ensuring our well being every day.
Petra was just amazing both the Seven Wonders and the Milky Way camp site wonderful .Rami our guide was local to Petra and very knowledgable.
A great adventure, thanks Experience Jordan!

Reviewed May 27, 2014

It was a very enjoyable day with an excellent guide, followed by a great lunch!
It was also a good opportunity to meet new people
Thanks.

1  Thank Cedriccccc
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Experience Jordan took a group of us on a trip to the Ajloun region of northern Jordan. I joined the group for the first three days of walking the Abraham Path. The guides they paired us with were excellent! The food we enjoyed along the way was spectacular. The home stays where we stayed overnight were incredibly hospitable. Matt from EJ was incredibly supportive of the group's needs and super helpful when we had questions regarding the trip. I highly recommend you join Experience Jordan for one of their weekly walks on the Abraham Path or book a multi-day trip - you will be in good hands!

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Superb trip organised by EJ took us four days adventure walking on the Abraham Path in northern Jordan, with home stays, and three days volunteering. Matt from EJ was extremely responsive to my somewhat oddball requests for our group (the UK Friends of Abraham's Path) and supported us fully throughout. He assigned us an excellent guide - Murad - himself a walker, who the group agreed was first class. I had done part of this trip before, so knew to expect great walking and a warm welcome (with lots of food) from the home stays. The new bits - exploring the northern decapolis cities of Pella and Um Quais + volunteer work - proved an excellent adjunct to the walk. Only warning is that there is not a great choice of accommodation once you head north of Amman. You pretty much have to take what is available - EJ will do their best to fix the best - and treat it as part of the adventure.

For those who want to know more about walking on the Abraham Path, our group is happy to provide personal objective references and talk to British people planning a similar trip - contact info@abrahamspath.org.uk (new website launching soon).

Reviewed April 5, 2014

From Wadi Salih to Pella: I took part in this walk in March 2014, and I am very happy that I did it. I was in Jordan on a business trip. Since I had no meetings on Friday and the weather was great, so I decided to sign up for this hike on short notice. I left a message on Facebook on Thursday, went to the meeting point on Friday Morning, paid my ticket and that was it. The bus took us to a small village beyond Jerash, in the Ajloun area, The views there are always spectacular, but springtime is by far the best moment to visit.
First we hiked down a beautiful green valley, with plenty of trees, protecting us from the sun. The walk was rather easy, and even the kids in the group enjoyed it. After about 90 minutes we started climbing up a slope and reached the top of a hill right above the Jordanian-Israel border crossing of Sheikh Hussein (Bisan-Beth Shean region). The views were breathtaking, some of us could not believe that we were really in Jordan. The hiking guides cooked a gorgeous vegetarian meal for us, on an open fire on top of the hill. They had brought kilos of chopped onions, tomatoes and other things in their backpacks and they managed to cook a truly Jordanian Gallaya. They had even brought an impressive teapot (Thanks to Ayman for the "Urban Tea"!)
After lunch we continued hiking, down the slope, towards the Jordan valley and the ruins of Pella (Tabaqat Fahl). That part of the walk was actually the hardest, because the slope was sooooooo steep. Walking zigzag lines the descent was manageable, though, and all in all it was really rewarding. We arrived early enough to explore the ruins of Pella and to celebrate the sundown on the terrace of the Pella Resthouse, with a tasty and refreshing Lemon Mint Juice. For me, this kind of sportive outing is the best way to spend free time during business trips. I will definitely go for it again.

1  Thank Saamida