“New 5 Star Hotel in Heart of Amman”

Grand Millennium Hotel Amman
Ranked #25 of 151 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Having stayed at most hotels in Amman over the years this stay was my first in this new hotel.Located in the center of Amman close to the Business area and cafes, shops and restaurants. Its a very modern hotel with a fashion concussion interior. Very helpful staff,good restaurants and bars.Nicely furnished rooms with all mod cons.I will be staying here again as the rates where very good and being new the hotel is immaculate in every way.

Room Tip: be careful of high floors due to noise from 21st Floor bar which is excellent but can be noisey at w...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SAH33

Reviewed March 27, 2013

This hotel was in a great location and due to the fact that it was new, was of a good standard compared to some of the older 4/5 star hotels in Amman.

Rooms were excellent and the staff very friendly and helpful without being false !!

The few things that let it down was that the pool closed at 1800 each day so that they could convert it to a bar / lounge area which meant that it could not be used after getting back from work.

The eternal thing about having to pay for internet access in the room, why????!!!! It is free in the reception area but you would not want to work there !!

The other thing is that although the restaurants are of a high quality (and price) the hotel lacked the informal bar / restaurant feel of the Sports bar at the Marriott or the Champions bar at the Meridien - both of which are great if you wanted a value for money, one course meal in a relaxed atmosphere.....the Millennium doesn't have that - one thing I missed as I was there for 6 nights.

Room Tip: As high as possible as the hotel doesn't have a car park or grounds and so you are right on the...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CliveB
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I just came back from a 5 day visit to Amman,Jordan with my wife and 9 year old son. I was surprised with the quality the hotel offers the minute I entered the hotel lobby. We stayed in room 1403 which was really spacious and very nice. The staff at the reception were really very nice and helpful. The breakfast was very rich with a big variety of Jordanian and international food. The staff at the restaurant "Fatoush" were very helpful specially "Moath". The hotel was only 2 months old. I will stay in this hotel whenever I visit Amman again and I surely recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Amman . I loved it

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Khalloudi
Menno D, General Manager at Grand Millennium Hotel Amman, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review and kind comments. Your praise of our staff and in particular Moath at Fattoush have been shared with the team. Very pleased you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you back soon.

Regards,

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed for one night there I loved the room Luxurious rooms very modern and as you can tell from the room all the things are from a very high quality.
I have one comment regarding the Soap glass dish it is very dangerous to put glass in the showers area as it is not fixed in it's place it can easily get broken and that's what happened to me while I was taking a shower and I hurt my self with the glass.
Smooth check In - Out process
Cotton Tips was not available in my room!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank SoooS

Thank you for submitting a TripAdvisor review and happy to know your stay was such a pleasure. Your feedback regarding the soap dish has been taken to heart and we will ensure all are fixed in such a way no other accident can occur.

Hopefully we get a chance to welcome you back soon.

Regards

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have just returned from three nights' stay at the new Millennium Hotel. I highly recommend it to travellers to Amman, for these reasons:

1. The breakfast is excellent (in the Fattoush restaurant): great choice and good quality. Dinner in the same restaurant is also worth it - the grilled minced lamb skewers are superb.

2. The room is spacious, airy, well-designed, tasteful; the bed in my room was extremely comfortable and I enjoyed very good quality sleep. Use of touch screen device to control lighting throughout the room and aircon was a good modern touch.

3. The sauna and steam room, once allowed to heat up, were quiet and restful.

4. The staff were professional and courteous. They were helpful in arranging a tourist trip for me, making all the arrangements and saving me a lot of trouble.

All in all, this is a high quality hotel. For comparison, see my review of the nearby Kempinski Hotel - also decent, but not, sadly, in the same league.

A few tips/points to note:

1. My room was on the fifteenth floor. At around 10-11 on two nights, there was a lot of music noise, possibly coming down from the bar on the 21st floor, or perhaps elsewhere. Somewhat disturbing.

2. Complementary water and fruit was a nice touch. It would have been nicer had they been replenished daily. I spoke to the staff about this and apparently it is standard policy to do so; it's just they didn't on this occasion. In a hotel with aspirations of offering very high standards, little details count.

3. When you dine (other than on an inclusive bed and breakfast basis) and receive the bill, you will note that there is the basic price (what you saw in the menu) to which is added tax, and service charge (about 10% I think). When you enter your room number, name etc, there is also a line for "tips." I think this is really poor practice as it is tantamount to fraud or theft from the unwary. Luckily I didn't fall for this on this occasion but I mention it so you are aware. Without this little device, I would have given this hotel five stars without a doubt. This is a country with a fascinating history and well worth visiting, but greedy demands for tips for just doing the job for which you are paid (and for which you have already added service charge) are deeply irritating, if not insulting. It would be nice for this hotel to rise above this: if I catch a restaurant in London doing this, I not only don't give a tip, I demand the removal of the service charge (a tactic I once saw recommended by a listings magazine).

4. WIFI costs 5 JD for an hour or 17 for a day. That's close to £5 for one hour: very steep, and the connection speed is very slow (not good for Skype video calls).

Room Tip: This is a 21-storey building in a city with few towers. High up = good view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mindyourhotel

Thank you for posting a TripAdvisor review and thank you for sharing some tips for other travelers. It is great to see you enjoyed your stay and the shortcomings you mentioned have been addressed and rectified where possible. As for the billing, this is entirely computer generated and common practice, which is admittedly unlike the billing as seen in Europe. Nothing sinister, local laws specify that sales tax (16%) and service charge (10%) are added and if guests like they can leave something extra for the employee who served them. I regret you experienced this as some form of entrapment, and will study this some more for possible adjustment.

Looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon

Regards

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I stayed for three nights and a highlight was the staff and service. Just opened, the hotel is gorgeous, with spacious rooms, great views and the breakfast was outstanding. Also check out the cigar lounge as a quiet place to have a drink. Wifi was on and off in the rooms but the staff are aware and were incredibly helpful. As with any hotel, you can make it beautiful but it is the staff that makes the difference and I highly recommend the team at the Millennium.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank TravelPRVictoria
HusamNSaeed, Manager at Grand Millennium Hotel Amman, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear Ms. Victoria,

Thank you for your detailed review about our Hotel. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and our facilities. We are also very glad you liked our Havana - cigar bar, our rooms, and our breakfast, we will make sure we pass on your lovely comments about our employees as we are always glad to hear from a happy guest. Again, thank you for staying with us and we are so pleased to hear you had a lovely time. We very much look forward to hosting you again.

Best Wishes,

Husam Saeed
Revenue Manager

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Officially open for 3 weeks when I stayed there, this is a gem. It was perfect for my 1 night transit stay.
The breakfast buffet is among the best. Having read issues with coffee, I asked for 2 cups the first time and the waiter was around many times to ask to refill. Full bakery table plus very wide variety highlighted by 5+ cut fresh fruit plates, 3 kinds of smoked fish, 3 kinds of non-pork sausage, local specialties (hummous, foul with spice bar, etc.) Plus steaming hot local style pita bread served at the table as it was made.
Room is large, bedside tablet has room lighting controls, robe/slippers in closet, 70+ satellite channels on flat screen. in-room wifi and cabled connections. wifii all throughout hotel.
Bathroom is modern style with see through wall and privacy pull down blind. 3 phone extensions including one in the bathroom. The tub is 6 feet long with high quality handheld showerhead. The only flaw I found: I did not get the rainfall head to work, I did not bother to report it so not sure if it was known issue.

Staff are polite, friendly and professional. This is my new always used stopover hotel in Amman.

Room Tip: The view is amazing higher up.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo