“Pretty basic”
Review of Caravan Hotel

Caravan Hotel
Ranked #32 of 150 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed December 30, 2012

The rooms are pretty basic but fairly clean. The bathrooms are pokey and very slippery. Also hot water was pretty erratic. The best thing about the hotel was the 5.30am call to prayer from the king Abdullah mosque across the road. It was magical and the singer is fantastic. It's not for everyone though ESP if you like your sleep!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed here as part of my tour, I didnt get a choice. I had numerous problems, the staff are terribly rude. My friend from Jerash came to Amman to meet with me and they treated him like garbage. Toliet does not flush....hot rooms.....I couldnt open my door at all the staff had to come and help me cause it was not working properly. I also had a problem with one of the staff members approaching me at 2am.....not going to publish what he asked for......my tour company was informed and apparently he was fired. DO NOT STAY HERE....I stayed in a much nicer place in Amman. BTW breakfast was one hard boiled egg.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Katherine P
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I was booked into this hotel as part of my Intrepid Travel tour. The hotel is 2 stars at max.

Not sure if this was common in other rooms but whenever we showered the drain under the sink would fill up causing a mini pool of water. It would drain itself but I found this to be weird. The tub was very tiny also but not a major problem.

Beds were comfortable and overall I found the rooms to be clean. If you needed any extra supplies you could ask and they would give you more as rooms are not cleaned daily.

Breakfast served is traditional middle eastern cuisine. boiled egg, pita, cheese, jams.

Please note that the hotel is RIGHT beside a major mosque and the call to prayer can be CLEARLY heard all 5 times make sure to wear ear plugs when you sleep

Room Tip: Make sure to wear earplugs when sleeping
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2012

This was the starting point for our Jordan/Egypt vacation and my wife and I both thought that it was adequate for a one night stay. The location was great although a bit loud in the early morning (bring earplugs). The staff was friendly & accomodating. It did need a complete facelift though as the structure is pretty old. Overall we were satisfied for one night but would not want to have stayed here for longer than that.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Floridians33596
Reviewed April 25, 2011

I stayed at this hotel just because it was the designated starting point of my organised trip in Jordan. I wouldn't stay there if I had the option.

To summarize: noise from street, dirty rooms, bad bathroom, bad breakfast. The good thing is the location is great.

• Stayed: April 2011
3  Thank LeoLHR
Reviewed December 25, 2010

The caravan is fine. You pay about 10-15JD per person when sharing a room. The sheets are super clean, the beds fine, the loos clean and large, the hotel is clean. It is also well located.

The owner seems like a grumpy old so and so, standing around smoking his cigars, but he is actually a big hearted man who went out if his way to help us and give directions.

The place fills and empties with groups and independants. We were there when it was empty but it was clean and relaxing. The night/evening manager was super helpful and guided us to the best local pub. There was NO pressure to eat in house. (although that would have been better).

Make no mistake that this is a cheap hotel, not a 3 star. BUT the rooms are spacious and clean. The whole place is spacious, and when full must have a great atmosphere.

As I told the owner, the only thing this hotel needs is good wireless and then I'd have stayed a week.

But it's not for everyone. If you want wifi in the room, and room service etc, you need to go up a level. Personally I think this is one of the nicest hotels in Jordan.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 19, 2010

Rooms are not nice, noisy, bathroom was not nice with frigid water. Staff is more interested in internet time than helping guests. Not recommended.

• Stayed: October 2010