“Nice value for money - Economical”
Review of Canary Hotel

Canary Hotel
Canary Hotel
Ranked #88 of 145 Hotels in Amman
Goma, Democratic Republic of the Congo
“Nice value for money - Economical”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

After spending 4 nights in a so-called 4 star hotel in Amman, forced by the organizers, I shifted here to spend 2 nights. It was Dec 2006. Since the days were spent at Hyatt Hotel in the exhibition, therefore needed hotel only to spend the night and breakfast. Was lucky to find a friendly swiss couple who gave me a well needed pain killer. It is a small, neat clean hotel for those seeking an economical option to spend their nights.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Arabic first
Dublin
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I had a nice day in this hotel. It is a good hotel if you are looking for something very simple, and you need more like a room only for sleeping. But, if you are looking for a relaxing place where you can have spa, or swimming pool, this is definitely not the best choice.
It was perfect for me, when I came in my room it was clean but I have stayed there for one week, and it is important to mention that they did not clean during my stay.
Also, the staff is nice even tough they barely speak English, except one named Sam, working at the reception mainly the morning, he is able to speak and to understand you in English.
So, I recommend this hotel if you don't have too high expectations, you should go for it...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Katia K
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This small hotel is in a convenient quiet residential location . It is reasonably clean and serves a basic breakfast. It 's strong points are the reasonable cost, the helpful English speaking manager and having wifi in the room.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This hotel reminds me of places I stayed with my family in Athens in the early 80s - no frills, but conveniently located with very helpful staff. I stayed here in Dec 2012 with my cousin and mother while travelling around Jordan. We had a triple which was a good size - enough space for all of us. The bathroom is basic, but there was hot water and it was clean. the hotel is located in a residential neighbourhood, but is a short walk to streets with lots of cabs. We found it very quiet except for the early morning call to prayer, but there's no getting away from that. Breakfast was, again, basic Mediterranean (there's a theme here) but definitely enough to fill you up.

The staff were helpful with any questions and when my mother left her cell charger in the room the first time we stayed there they kept it safe and gave it back to her when we returned.

Should I ever find myself back in Amman, I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Excellent two star hotel, very cheap and decent. People there are very helpfull and they have great contacts in many areas in need of any help. Its in the city so close to everything. Beds are comfortable. The toailets are weak in a way when you flash the water so dont throw anything in it like papers etc. They have a kitchen and fridge to use and Internet.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Beirut
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The last time I was here was in 2002. A long time, I know but I stayed for nearly three weeks. The staff were absolutely excellent. Extremely friendly place, small and very helpful staff, including the manager/owner. So much better than the non descript chain hotels. This a true taste of the Jordanian capital. Next to downtown Amman and close to abdeli (sp) bus station, where you can catch a bus to almost anywhere. I can't wait to go again and this is where I will stay.
Thanks for the extra egg you gave me at breakfast each day,
I'll be back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Jordan
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have stayed at the Canary Hotel 2X and the price has always been fixed, so I am not sure what the misunderstanding could be about the price. I was there 2 weeks ago as the "construction", that was mentioned, was a man who was installing stone to the wall for decoration and improvement. There was no issue and it looked great when he was finished. The staff are great, very helpful, knowledgeable and always smiling. This is a budget hotel and I found it clean and yes, lots of hot water anytime I needed it. It is worth the money and walking down the hill to get a cheap cab to anywhere, was never an issue.

Room Tip: This is a quiet hotel in a residential area so room location is good anywhere in the Hotel.