“Worst of the worst of the worst in hospitality industry...”

Jerusalem International
Ranked #89 of 145 Hotels in Amman
Beirut, LEBANON
“Worst of the worst of the worst in hospitality industry...”
Reviewed October 24, 2008

YOU DON'T WANT TO GO THERE, BELIEVE ME!
Filthy, ...yes filthy hotel.
I checked in to find the toilet in my room DIRTY.
NOT cleaned NOR sanitized. I called the room service so they come and see the feces themselves.!
Later on, when I was unpacking, I found a cockroach in the closet.
I repacked, payed for 1 day and left to another HOTEL.
This decayed nuthouse is called 4 stars hotel?
Old furniture, stained carpets, dust everywhere...
They must be crazy to call it a hotel at first.

• Liked — Nothing at all
  • Disliked — everything...
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
5 Thank DR-Heartbeat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
San Jose
Reviewed April 4, 2008

Despite benadryl and zyrtec, I sneezed all night. TV didn't work but I didn't want to touch it anyway b/c it was so dusty. The room was so stuffed with ancient furniture that you can't even put your suitcase anywhere. Stay elsewhere.

Stayed March 2008
4 Thank KatieDavis

Travelers are raving about these Amman hotels

San Diego, CA
Reviewed December 24, 2007

I only stayed one night in this hotel and have mixed feelings about my stay. The lobby is big but dark with red lighting giving an aura of a victorian bordello (which really isn't that bad). The receptionists were nice enough to upgrade me to what they called a honeymoon room (not suite). The room was quite big with a huge pink and red bed! The room had heavy curtains and old style wooden furniture, really completing the victorian image i have mentioned before.

However, the bathroom, though clean, is in dire need of renovation, with a shower that barely worked andan ancient toilet and flush. The sink has definitely seen better days too.

I have to say that I enjoyed my short stay but for some reason, I don't think I would return to it again.

• Liked — Staff, Victorian Atmosphere
  • Disliked — Bathroom, shabbiness
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
4 Thank Spacetech
Alexandria
Reviewed April 20, 2006

I just got back from this hotel and found it o.k. Service was pleasant though everyone seems to be in a state of confusion. This is a tourist/business hotel and the mixture clashes with Middle Eastern men in business suits or traditional clothing and tacky tourists in shorts.Check out takes forever with only one person handling the cash.

As a single woman I was intimidated by the bar setting.....Though I was curious to see the "show" and enjoy a glass of local wine, the idea ofgoing through the western style double doors, passing all the men and sitting alone was just not worth the effort. Seemed like a strip joint packed with men goggling a girlie show...I never went in.

The dinning room was empty one night when there were no big tourists groups so I had dinner all by myself in this large empty room with only the choice from the menu rather than the huge buffet. It was weird and another couple that came in chose to just return to their room rather than eat in such a depressing atmosphere. However, the hamburger I ordered was one of the best burgers I have ever eaten!

The area is boring with a viewless site and no where to walk. There seems to be no city center. Just an ugly downtown district with ugly architecture, though there is Roman site with museum in the hills. Historically Jordan is wonderful with site seeing in Petra and Wadi and the Dead Sea, Roman ruins etc.But this hotel is located in an boring upper middle class suburb.

The rooms are above average in an old fashion Victorian style setting.which is popular in the Middle East.

The excercise room on the convention floor looks like a ghost town.Yet they charge you to use the equipment! It is not welcoming. I would never use the facilities there. I would not feel safe. Once you arrive on the floor you have to go through a door, up some stairs in an area where no one is around. I was alone with just a young man who claimed to be the massage person. The way the place is set up seems a perfect place for an unscrupulous person to take advantage of a lone woman. Again I did not feel safe. And I live in a Middle Easter country so I was not intimidated by the Middle Eastern men, who can be aggressive with western women, but rather the situation be it in the Middle East or North Dakota, USA!

Next time I visit Jordan I plan on staying at some of the resorts that at least have swimming pools, excercise rooms , enchanting bar setting, etc that are used by a large public. As a lone woman I found myself a prisoner of my room with the t.v. being my only form of entertainment. There is not much of a nightlife or active city life compared to places life Cairo or Mexico City.

But you can't falult the hotel workers for the situational flaws. They in general were all very sweet. However, I would not choose this hotel again a single woman.

• Stayed April 2006
5 Thank Afroalex
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 1, 2005

This is a nice hotel and the service is good. For $60 per night, it is great value. However...

When I checked in to stay one night I presented a credit card. I have a low limit on my credit card lest it be stolen or lost. There was several hundered dollars available, plenty to do all I wanted in Amman. I went to an ATM machine and was shocked to discover that I could get no cash - that the card was up to its limit. So I was stuck with a little cash in my pocket and I had to leave the next day - take a cab to the Allenby Bridge, pay a deuparture tax, take a bus to Jerusalem, and then get myself to Ben Gurion airport on a Saturday when no buses run. I cancelled everything I had intended to do in Amman and I had a sleepless night wondering how I was going to get out. I made it... but what had happened?

The Jerusalem International hotel had sought authorization for $424 as soon as I checked in to ensure that they would be paid... 700% my anticipated charge! They buggered me good and ruined my visit.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business