“Not even a 3 star!”

Ranked #37 of 144 Hotels in Amman
Amman
“Not even a 3 star!”
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

I took part in a conference held at the hotel and the conference room on the top floor seemed deserted on the first day with dust all over the chairs. The carpeting was dirty not just with stains but actual particles of dust and dirt that it seems it hasnt been vaccumed for a long time. We didnt see anyone from the hotel staff around, except when they brought in the coffee break. The bathrooms seem to be decades old, the doors are ancient, and the wastebin is only a shell (there is no bin inside). The hotel seems to lack management and their cleanliness standards are way below average.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank sarroun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

The experience of staying here is fabulous , and I would love to come here and stay in this hotel. The room , restaurant , other facilities are very good.The staff is friendly .In all it's a treat to stay.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Alaa_Salmq
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Had a very comfortable stay, very unique family owned hotel, staff were very friendly and room was very clean and spacious.
This is my second time experiencing the truly amazing Jordanian hospitality.
The food is delicious and plentiful.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Asterelia
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We stayed only one night here, but it was very pleasant. The room was big and the staff was friendly. We had dinner at the hotel, the food was really good.
Two downsides: the wifi was not free and the room smelled a bit like cigarettes...
But I recommend this hotel, I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
San Diego, California
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Service was awesome!
Food was ok.
Rooms were ok.
Fitness room was GREAT. The treadmills have an amazing view of the city.

Overall, this is a pretty great hotel, despite being older. The issue is the location. Not great....and you are not really close enough to walk to anything.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jason P
Bettws Newydd, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 8, 2014

We stayed for a three days for leisure . The hotel was great place to stay .The lobby and lounge are beautiful.Our room was very comfortable. The staff were friendly the welcoming was great.Old decoration but very classy breakfast was great and tasty. Overall it was nice place with good amenities and quick checkin.

• Stayed April 2014
Madison, Connecticut
Reviewed May 6, 2014

When I arrived at the Regency in Amman, I was impressed. A beautiful exterior and a spacious elegant lobby. It went down hill from there. At check in I was told that dinner was included. Dinner wasn't part of my plan, so that was a pleasant surprise. Though I normally prefer not to eat at hotel restaurants, I couldn't pass up a "free" meal. I went up to my room, which was spacious, and immediately noticed a stale tobacco smell, covered up,by deodorizer. I called the front desk and asked to change rooms, as my reservation specifically stated "non smoking room." I was told no non smoking rooms were available, but they could provide room freshener. No thanks!
I then went to take a shower before dinner, and the shower head sprayed everywhere, except where it should. I was now starting to get annoyed. I finally managed using the hand held shower.
I noticed a few drawers were open, so I shut them, but they continued to slide open. Not sure if the floor was tilted or the furniture just not balanced.
There was also a noticeable lack of outlets to charge my electronics. Only one in the bedroom and the standard razor outlet in the bath, that didn't seem to work. Wireless internet was available for $15 for 24 hours. All of the hotels I stayed at in Israel had free internet.
I had the buffet dinner which was mediocre, as was the buffet breakfast the next morning.
I had trouble sleeping because of the strong tobacco odor. I was very happy to get out of the room in the morning. When I checked out, I was charged for the dinner. Trying to argue that at check-in, I was told dinner was included, was fruitless. I had no proof. I actually think it was a scam, to have you eat in there dining room, instead of going out..
I'm not sure what to expect in a city like Amman, but the Regency didn't cut it. It had all of the trappings of a high end hotel, but poorly maintained and managed

Room Tip: Ask at check in if the room is non smoking. If told that dinner is included, get it in writing
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Lewis R
RegencyAmm, General Manager at Regency Palace Amman, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel during you last visit to Amman. We are sad to hear about the inconveniences caused during you stay and feel sorry about your overall impression about the hotel as we always seek our guests’ satisfaction.

In regards to your dinner charges, please rest assured that there are no scam schemes at our hotel. This was all based on a misunderstanding from our reception desk that was based on the meal plan of the group you arrived with. Our reception unfortunately made the assumption that since the rest of the group was on a half board basis, you reservation included the same meal plan.

We apologize about the inconvenience caused and feel sorry you ended up paying for a chargeable dinner that you never asked for. This should have never happened in the first place. Please note that our accounting department has just reimbursed your credit card for the dinner charges.

I would like to also draw your attention that all our guestrooms have multiple power outlets located by the working desk area, right next to the table lamps by the bed and another where the standing lamp sits. As for the smoke odor, we always try our best to accommodate requests for non smoking rooms; nonetheless this is always based upon availability. Nonetheless, we are sincerely sorry about the functionality of our bathroom’s shower head.

We value your feedback and will address all your issues with the concerned departments.

Firas Sawalha