For value for money, this hotel got the boxes ticked. But it could have been so much better.
The rooms are a bit tired but they are clean and spacious. The bed was comfortable and there was a selection of different pillows. I was in a non-smoking room but I often smelled smoke wafting through the AC or from the adjacent room. The hotel should have had no-smoking floors and enforced a no-smoking policy as other quality hotels often do.
The hotel facilities are OK but nothing to get excited about. For example there is a nice looking pool but it only had a handful of loungers and no chairs around it (this was October and still warm enough to sit by the pool at 24-26C.)
There is a unique roof-top lounge but it was closed for renovation. The bar on the main floor was void of personality and therefore people. Most "lounging" was done in the large open lounge are adjacent to the reception. This was comfortable and usually featured an attractive-looking woman playing the saxophone in the evening.
There is only one restaurant and its a buffet. I was at this hotel for eight nights and the same buffet can become very tiresome quickly. The restaurant is adjacent to the terrace overlooking the swim pool and I was very surprised that they never used this large open area for dining outside.
Typical of the Middle East is that almost all of the men smoke and they don't think twice about lighting-up and puffing over dinner, even although there were No Smoking signs on every table. The hotel did not enforce this No Smoking policy. Perhaps, setting up tables outside for smokers may have been a compromise.
Overall, it was a comfortable stay but with a little effort and imagination it could have been a much more pleasant experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the diplomatic and government district of the city the hotel offers 260 rooms, 14 multi-purpose meeting rooms, 5 outlets, Business Center, out-door pool, fitness center, and free parking. With a worldwide reputation for efficient and friendly service, the hotel caters for both business and leisure travelers. It's an ideal base from which to escape to the fascinating historical sites of Amman and the vast beauty of the Jordan Valley, yet it's still close to the heart of things. The vibrant center of Amman is just four minutes away and you can be checking in within 35 minutes of arriving at Queen Alia International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Landmark Amman Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Landmark Amman Hotel And Conference Center
- Landmark Amman Hotel Amman
- Radisson Amman
- Radisson Sas Amman