“A pleasant hotel, but below average rooms”

Landmark Amman Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #13 of 151 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed at Landmark Amman last June for 3 days, and the only phrase that can describe the room condition is (complete disappointment). the hotel lobby and restaurant were really good and cosy, but the moment I entered the room I was shocked. the level of cleanliness is way below the average, there were dust on lamps and the carpet was rotten, also the pillows were very uncomfortable.The bathroom was a disaster, it qualify for 2 stars maximum, the bathroom suite was very unpleasant with mobile seat and the shower was very old, also the roof looked like malls and public places bathrooms not a hotel. The problem is that this hotel is being advertised as a 5 starts hotel, while I would give the rooms 2 stars maximum. the breakfast buffet was very good with lots of variates and high quality items, staff also were good and friendly. Well, I think the hotel needs full refurbishment before they put their rooms for sale.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Ibrahim K, General Manager at Landmark Amman Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear Mr. Hatoon,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving your valued feedback. We are delighted you enjoyed your time at Landmark Amman Hotel and Conference Center, particularly the lobby, restaurant, food and staff. Moreover, we are sorry about the problems you encountered and are constantly using feedback to better the service we offer our visitors. Thank you once again and we hope to welcome you at Landmark Hotel and Conference Center again soon.

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Must recommend on the Landmark Amman clean excellent brake fast & more over Mr Ibrahim the best help & care you can get in Amman always ask if we packed all things last time he reminded me to take my passport on the way to the airport actually saved me

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Ibrahim K, Manager at Landmark Amman Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Dear Mr. Olshevsky,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving your valued feedback. We are delighted you enjoyed your time at Landmark Amman Hotel and Conference Center, particularly the staff and breakfast. We are also delighted you had your passport with you when you arrived at the airport. We look forward to welcoming you again soon at the Landmark.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We spent only one night at the Landmark and enjoyed it. The room was large, light, clean, had a couch and chair, mini bar, hair dryer, make up mirror, all the little bottles of this and that in the bathroom plus shower puffs (first time I've seen that in a hotel), and lots of other little extras. We had a large plate of fruit and a dessert waiting for us plus two bottles of water in the room and we were given bottles of water at check in. Breakfast was included for us and it was a huge spread with hot and cold everything. I would go there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cindygrosch
Ibrahim K, General Manager at Landmark Amman Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Ms. Cindy

Thank you for staying with us and leaving your valued feedback. We are delighted you enjoyed your time at Landmark Amman Hotel and Conference Center, particularly the room, amenities and extras (and shower puff) and food buffets. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

the hotel is conveniently located at the (EU) walking distance (30 mins) to the monuments of amman, and some 40 kilometres from dead sea (do not pay more than 50 JOD).
the food is very nice, with a wide selection of western and arabic meals for breakfast and lunch buffets, and the price is more than fair. the standard rooms are a bit worn but clean and spacey with large working desk and comfort beds. the wifi is fast and reliable and pool not large, but good enough for condition-oriented swim. this is also the biggest drawback of the hotel: the pool parties that are neither infrequent nor quiet and they torment those with thinner sleep who live at the side of the hotel that is overlooking the pool till some 1-2am.
However, the attentiveness and helpfulness of the staff is amazing. Always smiling, always ready to help (without expecting baksheesh, to be clear (even if tip never harms, i guess)). They regularly come to ask you politely if you are happy with the services, and the last afternoon they bring a selection of fruit and local cookies - free of charge.
Personal experience: I forgot my laptop in the lufthansa plane and found it only in the hotel. The nightshift concierge did his best to connect with anyone in the airport and luthansa to help at 3am where only answering machines were there, and the hotel kept trying even after i went to my bed: his colleague fayaz jaenons woke me up at 9:30 to tell me the notebook was found and arranged the taxi to the airport where the lufthansa representative was waiting for me with my laptop... this is not standard in hotels around the world, I can tell you, and it was a huge relief as I do not speak arabic and i needed the laptop for my work desperately in amman.

I somehow wonder where those very bad reviews come from, as my experience was completely different. looks to me a bit like a competition-based campaign - i did not experience any extra fees for anything except minibar consumption and room service and that is pretty standard; the helpfulness of the staff was not charged either - and it made my stay a pleasant experience even if it threatened to be a nightmare.

Thus, I can only recommend the hotel; only if you are not an owl (or party animal), ask for room not overlooking pool; you get much more for your money than what is a standard.
I would give 5 stars, but reserve it for the abolition of pool parties.

Room Tip: if you have a thin sleep, avoid the pool facing rooms at any cost.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us and leaving your valued feedback. We are delighted you enjoyed your time at Landmark Amman Hotel and Conference Center, particularly the service, staff, food, proximity, wifi and rooms. We are also happy everything that worked out to your satisfaction with your laptop, and are constantly using feedback to better the service we offer our visitors. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stayed in the Executive Suite, a spacious but run down room that is facing the pool. Since there's a pool party on the weekends, you won't sleep till 3 AM. The service is a disaster. That isn't the waiters' fault: it is the policy and management that make your stay more of a rip off than anything else. Lots of hidden fees, discounts that are promised but turn out to be unavailable. Even as a "Diamond member" of their VIP programme, you are not treated with any respect in this hotel. The food is mediocre, the prices high. Avoid this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank oklaf

Thank you for staying with us and leaving your valued feedback. We are sorry about the problems you encountered and are constantly using feedback to better the service we offer our visitors. We will also be taking up policies and procedures with the Diamond Card service providers. Thank you once again and we hope to welcome you at Landmark Hotel and Conference Center again soon.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I have been visiting landmark hotel for the past year and a half, getting great service and hospitality, I appreciate the hard work and great organization that is done my Mr. Samir Najjar. for his wonderful achievements especially in helping myself and my team for creating wonderful tango nights every other week for the past 18 months. special thanks to him and to his team wishing this hotel the best achievements, provided under Samir's management in the near future.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us and leaving your valued feedback. We are delighted you enjoyed your time at Landmark Amman Hotel and Conference Center, particularly the hard work and great organization by our staff. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

The Room was clean , bed was very comfortable.
service was very good and staff so friendly
Swimming pool is amazing (zest pool )
Food was very very good .
in Ramadan 2013 we invited to have Ramadan Iftar with Comice show
The buffet was verrrrrry gooood and rich
I want to thank all staff for their hospitality

• Stayed: July 2013
Ibrahim K, General Manager at Landmark Amman Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Mr. Ehab,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving your valued feedback. We are delighted you enjoyed your time at Landmark Amman Hotel and Conference Center, particularly the room, service, staff, swimming pool and food. We look forward to welcoming you again.