“Great location and views”

Landmark Amman Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #13 of 150 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This hotel is well located with some stunning views over Amman. The restaurant area on the top floor is a must for these views. Rooms were good and ours was very spacious and comfortable. But the wireless connections through the hotel were highly variable, and tended to drop out. The wireless in our room was very challenging, yet it was fine on the top floor. Even on the ground floor in the restaurant area the wireless reception was variable. Fixing this issue will make a big difference

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 9, 2013

in an Amman where extremely large hotels are the norm, the experience of Landmark is much more personal. This is no small hotel, but its staff makes you feel at home and the interior is warm. One does not feel lost in endless corridors or restaurants. I've been here only twice and staff have remembered my name. The rooms are spacious and spotless; all three meal servings are wonderful. Internet at times is a bit slow but still better on average than in other places in Jordan. Much recommended.

Room Tip: executive rooms are really great if you can get one; very suitable to do work or writing
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband and I chose to take a break from our hectic lives with work and four children, to celebrate our 21st wedding anniversary at Landmark Amman. We are so happy we made this choice, and we will be back as soon as we have the opportunity.
Our room was immaculately clean and spacious beyond words. Every detail at Landmark has been taken into consideration to make this hotel a real five-star experience, and that, in our opinion, begins with the service.
So many times in Jordan we have paid exorbitant amounts of money in order to be given the "five-star" treatment, but have always come away sorely disappointed, mostly because we've been made to feel like thorns in the sides of the hotel employees, who usually struggle to mask a grimace, or who are not even available to 'serve.'
We live here in Jordan and we know what Jordanian hospitality should be. I will unequivocally say that Landmark Amman is true to the Jordanian spirit of treating guests--any guests--like royalty.
We were greeted upon check-in with a smile and a warm welcome, and were up in our room within five minutes, luggage and all. The view from the 10th floor is lovely, and our room was equipped with two separate areas--a bedroom with a super-comfortable king-sized bed, and a large living room/dining room with a mini-bar, coffee maker (Nespresso), and an array of snacks, including fresh fruit, juices, cheeses, and cookies. (This was per our request, and they were AMAZING!)
For dinner, we dined at Turquoise, on the 13th floor, which offers a spectacular view. My husband ordered filet mignon, and I chose salmon. May I say that the steak was the best steak we have eaten since living in Jordan for 11 years? (The salmon was excellent, too.) The server, Sameer, was kind, attentive, and truly made us feel like special guests. After dinner, we were presented with a DELICIOUS heart-shaped tiramisu, and were served coffee on the beautiful terrace outside. The floor manager came outside to check on us several times--he took our picture, gave us a tour of the Executive Lounge, and had the remainder of our dessert and coffee sent up to our room. It was a perfect evening.
I will recommend Turquoise to my friends--it can be a great dinner spot any time!
Breakfast was truly remarkable, with an overwhelming selection. I was greeted, by name, by the waitstaff and the hostess. I inquired about soy milk with my coffee, and was immediately brought a pot of freshly steamed soy milk. (This never happens, anywhere.) The decor of the dining area is modern, comfortable, and cheerful. An Oxfam convention was taking place, and I marveled at the way the waitstaff was able to accommodate everyone with ease, always smiling.
At check-out, we were again treated with the utmost respect and warm hospitality. Ibrahim and Muhammad were outstanding.
It is obvious that at Landmark Amman, the focus is on the guest, and all measures have been taken to ensure that each employee understands the importance of customer service, from all levels. This, in turn, makes the service staff work with a sense of pride in what they are providing guests, and guests are then appreciative of the service they receive. This is the business model that WORKS, and we applaud the hotel's owners and management for both understanding and implementing this.
My husband and I would like to thank the Landmark Amman staff for all of their efforts, which will never be forgotten. We will recommend this hotel to all of our out-of-town visitors, as well as locals such as ourselves who need to "get away" for a night or two.
Again, we thank you for helping us to make such a wonderful memory.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Like Anna Karenina's happy families, business-hotels-cum-conference-center are all alike. They offer wide rooms, well-equipped meeting facilities, big entrance hall, professional personnel, etc. The downside here is the location, which is in a nondescript neighborhood not very close to city center, the gloomy view (at least from the "premium" room I was occupying), and the poor maintenance of the guest rooms. The breakfast buffet is satisfactory, given the hotel price range, and the bedding clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed at Landmark for one night. Big room with sitting area (sofa and coffee table), overlooked the tennis court. Compared to other 5 star hotels in Amman, the Landmark offers relatively good value for the money. Free wi-fi. Free two bottles of water and coffee/tea bags with electric pot to boil water. Hotel is up a small slope off a main highway/road, so need to walk down a little bit to catch taxi, which is fine if you don't have luggage. Hotel charges 5 JD for its own taxi/car for a ride that a regular taxi may cost about 1JD to 2JD (assuming the taxi driver is honest and runs the meter, otherwise, you may get overcharged). Hotel lobby is very nice with piano, lots of comfortable chairs & sofas, also bars & restaurants. There is a metal detector at hotel entrance, which adds a sense of security. Great city view from 13th floor rooftop terrace restaurant. Shmeisani area is about 20 minutes walk.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank 2TravelLight
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Visited Amman on business and stayed in a couple of 5 star hotels before, and during my recent visit I stayed for the first time at Landmark Amman Hotel. As any, I had worries and concerns about the hotel, yet the moment I saw the driver who's picking me up from the hotel and holding a sign with my name CORRECTLY spelled on it, I thought to myself…"well this is a first". The driver was polite, friendly and presentable, and no crazy driving. The car is brand new and immaculately clean inside out and ready to pick up presidents! Halfway to the hotel I felt a bit excited to see the remaining of the hotel.
Arrived late at night to the hotel exhausted, the lobby was quiet; the front office clerk is indeed passionate about his work, friendly, no zombie attitude, and smart. My check-in did not take a whole 3 minutes and was off to my room. Bellhop treated my humble luggage with extreme care with absolutely no noise and hastiness. Until now, Landmark Amman Hotel made my other experience in other major 5 star hotels feel like one long horror movie. No 15 plus minutes for checking in, which most of this time is spent looking for the front office clerk that is somewhere in the back area, and then emerging to sluggishly proceed with your check-in with apparent disgust to what he is doing.
Room is clean (bed sheets, covers, furniture, carpet, bathroom...etc.). No stains on bed cover or carpet, as big as, the brand name of the hotel I stayed in my first visit! It is nicely decorated and arranged, and easy to go around in. Everything is working properly…TV, Satellite, phone, safe, lights. You'll find it challenging to complain on something and/or to find a reason to disrupt your ease.
Breakfast buffet area is spacious and un-crowded, waiters are always there in a heart beat to serve you, yet they don't hover aimlessly around you. It has many options to serves every taste. The food is fresh, neatly displayed, and overwhelming.
Lobby during the day is pretty busy yet I personally can't but salute the front office on their skills and well organized clock work, and any shortcomings you might have will be discarded as soon as you witness the swift handling, solutions offered, and follow-up and making sure that your stay is not harmed anymore.
To my humble belief, Landmark Amman Hotel is the only hotel in Amman that is cleverly and skillfully balancing between business and leisure orientation of the hotel. They are redefining hospitality and you can see that there's a great amount of effort exerted to achieve so, starting from the hand picked ultra professional employees at all levels (drivers, bellhops, waiters, clerks, managers…etc.), to the smart combination of hotel facilities and outlets, decoration, designing and topping it all with a warm, smart, service approach.

Thank you every and each one at Landmark Amman Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Maen J
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed there with a friend for 5 days, a little bit outdated but other than that it was a great stay the staff was awesome.

I was amazed when I went down for breakfast the first time it was really a VIP breakfast set up, the food was great the setting was so great, so much variety to chose from I give them a A++. Looking forward for my next trip to Jordan and have breakfast again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends