“the refurb comes just in time...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hyatt Amman

Ranked #6 of 140 Hotels in Amman
Sydney, Australia
“the refurb comes just in time...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed here for 2 separate stays at end of December post work before heading of around Jordan for a break.... The hotel was in the middle of a part refurb so things were all over the place. The staff did what they could but I felt it was still chaos. The first room was in need of a refurb, wifi was bought up by reception and installed in the room. The second stay and was afforded the new suite, a mjor improvement on the old rooms and well worth it.. The new rooms wil make a huge difference to the current offer and well worth a stay given the level of competition in Amman.
Don't forget this is a large hotel so there is no real personal feel about the place..
The location was fine, I guess it was hard to pinpoint the exact heart of the city so we managed to walk to a few places
I sneaked a peak at the new club room and refurb so will expect an improved stay next time.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
GrandHyattAmmanHotel, Manager at Grand Hyatt Amman, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear forward_cabin,
Greetings from Grand Hyatt Amman ,
We are pleased to learn that you liked our newly renovated room, and enjoyed your overall stay. Your feedback is of tremendous value to all of us and your evaluation will form an important part of our ongoing program to continuously monitor the quality of our services and facilities.
We look forward to welcoming you back.
Grand Hyatt Amman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed in Hyatt hotel in Amman beginning of November. I was not only a guest but also was having an event inside the hotel. I travel frequently and worldwide and haven't seen such poor service in a long time. The reason I.m posting complaint on here is that I had complained before directly to the hotel management but was ignored. My main complaint is regarding hygiene in the rooms. Mine had layers of dust under and on the top of furniture, stains of what looked like juice on the wall, stains on the writing table, I even found socks and empty bottles under the bed. I think it's been awhile since a vacuum cleaner or any sort of cleaning equipment have been inside this room. I have also had an event in one of the meeting rooms and this was even worse. I was really worried about the safety of the participants as the technical team installed the equipment in such a way that the cables were lying all over the floor, I was just praying that nobody trip over them. The arrangement of the meeting room was really poor. I was there for business and didn't have time to worry of such things. As soon as I reached home I sent my complaint and was promised to get back to but never got any response.

Room Tip: No matter which room you choose it will probably be dirty.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Mohd Q
Dear Mohd Q,
Your feedback is of tremendous value to us all and your evaluation will form an important part of our ongoing program to continuously monitor the quality of our services and facilities.
Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the Department Heads concerned and we will work on to further improve our services. It is only through comments such as yours that we are able to monitor and improve our levels of service.
We hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to Grand Hyatt Amman soon when we commit to displaying the true level of service we aspire to.
Best regards
Abu Dhabi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is in a reasonable location 15 mins walking to rainbow street. The hotel is a bit dated but the rooms are good as is the indoor and outdoor swimming pools. They do a good breakfast and Arabic coffee

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
GrandHyattAmmanHotel, Manager at Grand Hyatt Amman, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear JulietReid,
Greetings from Grand Hyatt Amman
I was delighted to learn that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and your kind comments are very much appreciated.
We are delighted to inform you that Grand Hyatt Amman is having its rooms renovated in a phased programme that started in June 2011. Work started with our higher floors and is progressing to the lower floors, and we have completed renovation of all Grand Club Rooms, Executive Suites and Royal Suites. We anticipate minimum disruption to guests and the hotel will remain fully operational throughout the remaining renovation programme. We expect completion of the renovation programme latest by the end of the first quarter of 2013.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Amman is not short of 4-5* hotels, but the Hyatt is worth a visit. Dina on reception was the epitome of professionalism and friendliness, which was a good start to my stay. I'd booked a club room as I needed the free wifi, and having access to the club lounge was a nice bonus. The rooms are everything you'd expect from this standard hotel, spotlessly clean, very comfortable beds, great shower and bath. Hotel is in a good location - about a 10 min stroll to rainbow street, or you can jump in a cab to anywhere else.
The staff were courteous without being overbearing/annoying (something which sadly happens a lot in Jordan). The waitor in the club lounge even served my sister and I several glasses of wine after happy hour 'officially' ended, and we were the only ones in there!
The breakfast buffet was excellent.
Overall a good hotel if you don't mind staying in a safe, generic but very nice, "chain" hotel. Pricey, but worth the money in my opinion.

Room Tip: Splash out on the club room - it's not that much more than a standard room and the all-day free...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear SamC123,
Greetings from Grand Hyatt Amman
Allow me to take this opportunity to express my great appreciation to you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback about your stay with us at Grand Hyatt Amman.
Your feedback is of tremendous value to us and your evaluation forms an important part of our ongoing efforts to continuously monitor the quality of our services and facilities.
Thank you very much for your comments about the service you received from our employee Miss Dina Halawani our Front Office Clerk.
At Grand Hyatt Amman, we have a rewards programme called HYstar that allows our employees to accumulate points when they receive praise from our esteemed guests. Please rest assured that Ms. Halawani mentioned in your letter will receive HYstar points rewarding her service.
We look forward to welcoming you back
Dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Grand hyatt amman was a nice experience for me. It is a hotel with character, where it looks like it was built at least 20 to 30 years ago, but the faclities and the service was very good. I stayed on the 5th floor which I was told it is newly refurbished and the room was also very good. The staff is generally friendly, but can be a bit more attentive.

All in all, it is a nice hotel (although I am not a fan of old hotels) but would recommend it for sure.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 5th floor and it was very good.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear srufaii ,
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was in Amman for one night and thus used my Hyatt Gold Passport points to redeem a free night. The girl at reception was so accommodating during checkin and checkout. I elected to pay an additional 50 Dinar to stay on the club floor. I don't drink and I don't eat much but I got suckered in by the free wifi and higher floor. To be fair I enjoyed the CONVENIENCE of early evening canapes - what was on offer was actually surprisingly good. And breakfast was as equally varied, attractive and fresh. The room I was given looked out on to the city of Amman. I liked that I could open the windows and get some air. The bed was big and comfortable. The bathroom was spacious and opulent with the usual marble. Towels nice and fluffy. Wifi fast. The pool is lovely and I managed to swim long laps post flight. Gym looked well equipped. I was impressed by the ladies only spa area with sauna and steam room. Overall I went in completely sceptical but the Grand Hyatt Amman delivered to my high standard. My only criticism is that yes, the hotel is a wee bit worn here and there, but hardly noticeable and also my driver to the dead sea, arranged by Hertz inside the hotel, took me to a dead sea product store (I imagine he gets commission from this) - I had no desire to shop here, and he was also very pushy to have me book him for the drive to Petra. I had no desire to go to Petra either. This place is great for a quick, comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing pool. And higher up. There are 9 floors.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Maicha R,
Greetings from Grand Hyatt Amman
Looking forward to welcome you with us at Grand Hyatt Amman soon.
Bavaria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Facilities are in good shape,
the building has this special atmosphere, for its limestone-construction.
I stayed on Club Level,
which made my spare - time convenient .
I enjoyed drinks and relaxed watching the sunset.

Room Tip: Executive King Size
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dear Mac S ,
Greetings from Grand Hyatt Amman
Looking forward to welcome you back soon