Grand Hyatt Amman
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
  • Room Service
1,302 results
All reviewsroom service manageritalian restaurantexecutive cheflobby loungeclub floorbreakfast buffetmain restaurantvery nice hotelindoor poolbusiness triprooms are spaciousspecial thankscomfortable stayrainbow streetdead seafour seasonsnizam
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Room Tip: This is a terrible hotel I regret to stay in,800$ has been stolen from my bag and I complained to the hotel management who claimed to do investigations and said there was no evidence their employees were doing so,on the check out date when room should not be done,I found my room done and money was stolen from my bag.Their response was negative and their responsiveness was extremely terrible. I want to advice everybody to avoid this hotel and never stay there.It is the worse experience you can have tio be stolen in your room.This is the worse experience any of us can ever have.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank hossamaboelenein
Reviewed October 3, 2012

As everywhere in Jordan, it is becoming extremely expensive and overrated. The hotel location is good and after a small incident mishandled by housekeeping we've got an upgrade to executive suite and late check out, also we've got access to the executive lounge which was big disappointment. room size and facilities are good and standard, nothing to wow about but its fine. my biggest disappointment was the swimming pool. its very small, water temperature is very high and the surrounding of the pool is awful, you could see store rooms and unused furniture in the corners, also while sun bathing you can see hotel workers peeking from windows on a second floor as I think its another store or rest room for them .. the whole pool experience was very bad...the food we've ordered was extremely overpriced for nothing, tasteless and very basic food, the burger was dry and tasteless and the salad was awful. to give a credit - the hotel staff were very friendly and attentive but hotel facilities are bad!!!!

Room Tip: ask for less A/C noise room - high floor over looking old Amman not main street.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Arabianman
GrandHyattAmmanHotel, Manager at Grand Hyatt Amman, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear Arabianman,
Greetings from Grand Hyatt Amman ,
Your feedback is of tremendous value to us all and your evaluation will form an important part of our ongoing program to continuously monitor the quality of our services and facilities.
Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the Department Heads concerned and the club olympus employees and we will work on to further improve our services. It is only through comments such as yours that we are able to monitor and improve our levels of service.
We hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to Grand Hyatt Amman soon when we commit to displaying the true level of service we aspire to.
Kind regards

Reviewed September 27, 2012

The location is pretty good, just up from the 3rd circle and a 20+ minute walk or a very short JOD 5 taxi ride to Rainbow Street.

For a Hotel that is suppose to be a Grand Hyatt it does not offer the service that it should.

It is a very nice hotel. The rooms are great and clean and the bars very nice but that should be expected as the norm at a luxury hotel.

The food prices and bar price are over the top considering how cheaply you can get similar food no more than 15 minutes walk away. Breakfast is good but again this is a Grand Hyatt so the food should be great.

I am being picky though as it is a good hotel, I just feel it calls itself a Grand Hyatt and apart from apearance it is just a very good hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank cranjee

Dear cranjee,
Greetings from Grand Hyatt Amman,
I was delighted to learn that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and your kind comments are very much appreciated.
Your feedback is of tremendous value to all of us and your evaluation will form an important part of our ongoing program to continuously monitor the quality of our services and facilities.
Respectfully

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights.
Well located very near the 3rd Circle. The 1st Circle is walk-able (took me about 30 minutes to get back from Rainbow Street). Wherever you are in the city – as long as you can see the Le Royal Hotel, you can find the Hyatt.
Had booked the airport pick-up service, which at JD35 is more expensive than a taxi (about JD20) but then had to cancel it as a friend offered to pick me up instead. The hotel were absolutely fine about that - Dina, the concierge, I found to be one of the most helpful I have ever experienced – nothing was ever too much trouble.
I was upgraded into one of the non-smoking refurbished rooms – nice large double bed, excellent pillows, plenty of complimentary bottled water and a bowl of fresh fruit on arrival. The bathroom was spacious enough for my needs (separate shower / wet-room) and the bath was large and deep.
The room was spotlessly clean and I could not detect any hint of a smell of smoke. Maybe I was fortunate but it was one of the things I was dreading (read reports of ANY hotel in Jordan!!).
The hotel has numerous restaurants and although I didn’t use any of them, I had a look and they all seemed quite nice. The terrace lounge and bar was popular and quite busy at night.
Breakfast was very good, fantastic range of Arabic and traditional food (buffet) as well as a chef who will cook your eggs to your requirements. The pastry selection was fabulous and there was a selection of about 5 or 6 fresh fruit juices every day. If you get the chance, pay for the bed & breakfast rate rather than buying breakfast daily – it will be cheaper that way.
This is clearly a hotel aimed at the upper / business end of the market – didn’t see a single child in the hotel or around the pool for the four days I was there – heaven!!!
I did take a peek at the gym / spa, which appeared fine – not huge but probably more than adequate.
I used the services of the hotel limo service (through Hertz) to travel to Petra, Dead Sea and Jeresh (all of which were amazing). The service is pricey and if you are on a budget it would be MUCH cheaper to take a bus but you then lose out on the flexibility. I managed to negotiate them down on price a bit. If you are taking this service I can thoroughly recommend the driver I had – Osama. He has a very good grasp of the English language and what he doesn’t know about Jordan (and the world at large!!) probably isn’t worth knowing. He has a great sense of humour and really cares about his customers.
On my final day I checked out in the morning and went to visit Jeresh. On my way to the airport in the afternoon I returned to the hotel and Dina had sorted for me to shower and change in the spa - customer service at its best.
I had a great time at this hotel and hope to return to this fabulous country.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Pilot129825
GrandHyattAmmanHotel, Manager at Grand Hyatt Amman, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Pilot129825,
Warm Greetings from Grand Hyatt Amman,
Allow me to take this opportunity to express my great appreciation to you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback about your stay with us at Grand Hyatt Amman.
Your feedback is of tremendous value to us and your evaluation forms an important part of our ongoing efforts to continuously monitor the quality of our services and facilities.
Thank you very much for your comments about the service you received from our employee Ms. Dina Halawani our Front Office Clerk.
At Grand Hyatt Amman, we have a rewards programme called HYstar that allows our employees to accumulate points when they receive praise from our esteemed guests. Please rest assured that Ms. Dina Halawani mentioned in your review will receive HYstar points rewarding her service.
We look forward to welcoming you back at Grand Hyatt Amman
Best regards

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We were disappointed in the hotel- 5 star it sure isn't. There was garbage in the hallways, condom packets in the cigarette butt sand and a general air of unkemptness. The staff were friendly and helpful, the gym is great, but there is a definite lack of attention to detail that you expect from this class of hotel. Our "non-smoking" room was on a smoking hall where the smoke wafted into the room, despite the towel we put at the door to block it out. The buffet breakfast was fine, but nothing particularly special. Next time we'll try another place.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business