“Still a lot to be improved”

Amman International Hotel
Ranked #8 of 150 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Average place. I appreciated complimentary in room wi-fi. Room was clean. The staff were good but when checking out they tried to charge me for some items I never had (drinks). Waiters in the hotel restaurant - many on a spot, but uncoordinated, confused. The food there wasn't very enjoyable. We had to return some dishes. There are much better places in Amman to eat and enjoy local cuisine.

Stayed: November 2011

Reviewed March 24, 2012

i stayed here for 1 night. when you enter the lobby, the place feels so formal, not really a warm feeling. but the staff immediately make you feel better. they have the usual jordanian kindness.

the rooms are clean and tidy. tv is there with lots of channels and the wireless is available at no charge, but you need to get a username and a password from the reception. i think the password expires in 24 hours and you need to get another one. there is a safe and a minibar in the room and there were alcoholic drinks too in the minibar.

the hotel is hosting large groups and this may cause some delays during the breakfast and dinner.

the hotel is located very near to the university of jordan. so just down the hill, opposite to the university there are lots of restauants, shops, cafes, shisha shops, etc. i think the location is good if you will be visiting jarash or ajloun too. because the hotel is located near the north end of the city.

the only negative thing i can say is the elevator. one of the elevators was not running and the other was always busy. it is an old elevator and really needs some maintenance.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank prof_dumbledore
Bashar T, Manager at Amman International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2012

Hello,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel! we do apologies for the issue with the elevators. without going into too much detail, it is a temporary issue and will be fixed by the end of the week.

We hope you enjoyed your stay in Jordan and hope to see you again one day.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

Our Tour company moved us here after our original hotel was found to be filthy . Don't know costs but the rooms were spotless & staff couldn't have been more friendly or helpful about any issue or problem. Felt luxurious and elegant and the restaurant meal was superb and reasonably priced- huge leather chairs in the bar - great atmosphere. Have a handful of their business cards to give my travel agent.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank PotentialPlutocrat
Bashar T, Manager at Amman International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2012

Hello,

Thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel, I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay here, we do try our best to go out of our way for the customer, and its reviews like yours that make us feel like what we are doing is worth it.

and of course it goes without saying, your most welcome anytime you decide to visit Jordan again, and if you or any friends of yours are planning to come, don't hesitate to contact me here and I'll make sure they are taken care of.

Reviewed February 9, 2012

I stayed at the AIH in Mid December for 3 nights.

I will say that it's not in the 'best' area with regards to having anything scenic around you. You are very close to the University if you need to be there. There are also several restaurants just down the hill.

Unless you rent a car, you'll have to take a taxi pretty much anywhere you want to go in Amman.

The hotel itself is very nice and clean. My room had everything I needed, especially for what I paid.

My favourite was the blackout blind to make it completely dark for sleeping. Very much enjoyed this as I wake up quite easily with the light.

The owners are great and very friendly. I was lucky enough to spend some time with Bashar who taught me a lot of Amman and Jordan. He also gave me great tips on where to eat and where to go and buy some of the things I was looking for with regards to Christmas gifts.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone I personally know. I feel that the owners 'care' very much in how their guests stay is and want it to be the best experience possible for them.

I mean, I told Bashar that I was going to lay down for a bit and he asked if I wanted to tell the workers to stop for an hour! I told him it was totally fine but it was the fact that he cared enough to ask.

If you want to stay in Amman somewhere you know you'll be treated very well, stay here. Very good price for what you get. What you get is a very warm and friendly environment that is totally sincere and not at all forced.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank RedHotLugNut

Hello!

Its very nice to hear from you again and also to see your opinion on our little hotel! and thank you very much for the kind comments!

We're actually putting out final touches on the new Taxi service that we spoke about when you where here, Three new cars with a guide/driver to take the guests anywhere they want, including abroad!

Reviewed December 14, 2011

After being disappointed elsewhere...I found this hotel to be a breath of fresh air. Great value for money, great food, and exceptionally helpful management. The rooms were lovely and the cigar lounge is classy and a great place for relaxation or reading!

Room Tip: Ask for Bashar, a delightful chap!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank kal A
Bashar T, Manager at Amman International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2014

Thank you very much for your kind review, we try our best to provide a service and hotel that we set for ourselves.

Hope to see you here with us again one day.

Reviewed December 12, 2011

not to be recommended as there are extensive building works taking place on the roof. we were either woken or keep awake by the builders and by lorries delivering materials all through the night, accompanied by air horns, tipping, reversing and shouting, right below our bedroom window. whilst the management offered us a discount on accomodation for any future stay, we would not stay there again. it is a lovely hotel and the staff are delightful, however the management want it both ways and need to decide whether they are running a hotel or a building site.

Room Tip: stay else where!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank robshrews
Bashar T, General Manager at Amman International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2011

Dear Mr Robert,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and staff. As for the construction, please note that everything comes to an end. This is also true of our construction works. I am proud to inform you that we have completed building the two new floors and the guest gym.

Again, we apologise for any inconvenience caused during your stay. Naturally, our invitation is still open for you to return at any time and experience the new rooms and atmosphere first-hand , I’m sure you won’t regret it.

Reviewed November 27, 2011

Good hotel, friendly satff, food and location.You need taxi to get to city center.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Bashar T, Guest Relations Manager at Amman International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2011

Thank you very much for the Review, We have purchased three shuttle cars for the purpose of satisfying the demand, hopefully next time you visit you will be able to use them.