“Thee Place to Stay in Amman”

Le Royal Hotel Amman
Ranked #32 of 148 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The lasting impression of Le Royal Hotel for me will be the amazingly comfortable beds! I had the best night's sleep for a long while on my one night in Amman.
Centrally located with a can-do, helpful and friendly staff, this hotel offers both business travelers and holiday makers an exceedingly comfortable, professionally run and efficient hotel in which to escape the hustle and bustle of downtown Amman.
The restaurants are suitable for a wide variety of culinary tastes and breakfast set me up for the day!
I will recommend it for my friends and will stay there for my next visit.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Greg-of-Arabia
LeRoyalAmman, Manager at Le Royal Hotel Amman, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2014

Dear our Valued Guest

Warm Greetings From Le Royal Amman,

First we want to thank you for the time you spent on TripAdvisor to write your kind review and recommending our hotel.

We were delighted to know that you've enjoyed your stay and that we've risen up to your expectations,

Our aim is ensuring the comfort of our business travelers by offering them the highest standards of service.

Until your next stay with us, please accept our best Regards

Yazan Rihani
Assistant Revenue Manager

There are newer reviews for Le Royal Hotel Amman

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I spent two nights in this hotel in Amman, and enjoyed my stay. The hotel is large, and very popular with business travellers from around the world. It caters to these visitors with a wide variety of different themed restaurants and pubs.

The rooms are very spacious, with a large bathroom, comfortable bed and seating area. The spa and pool areas are excellent and beautifully decorated in blue tile. The perfect place for a post-arrival swim to stave off jet lag. There is a Ladies Only area and extensive spa offerings.

The breakfast was excellent, with huge variety of Jordanian and European specialities, including; omelette and dry cereal bar, baked goods, fruits & nuts, meats & cheeses, and Swiss muesli (which was extra delicious). I also enjoyed an excellent lunch in the lobby bar.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view on to the downtown of Amman.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TheTravellingMomYVR
Reviewed January 19, 2014

This hotel was selected for me and having never stayed there I was a little apprehensive as it was a different area and no where to walk to - no real local shops or restaurants.

But the facilities were very good and the staff attentive - If pushed I would say the only slight let down was that I was sort of expecting more form the rooms....they were fine, but just the same dark enclosed feel and the attention to details was lost / maintenance issues...nothing dramatic but could have been better.

Overall though I would say it is another worthy contender in Amman for the premium market...

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank CliveB
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I spent two nights in this hotel and found it very nice. I wasnt there long enough to take care of a lot of the amenities that they offered. The hotel has great eye appeal and appears to be in the center of Amman (although Im not very familiar with the city). The rooms were very nice, as were the bathrooms.

Outside of the room, I did go to the outside bar/patio where they offered drinks and hookah (shisha). The drinks were decently priced, considering Jordan is a country where you can only drink in the hotels (similar to UAE). The atmosphere and ability to look out over the city was beautiful. And any place that offers shisha is a business to my own heart.

I would recommend asking for a high floor, becuase its offers a great view.

Leaving the hotel

The hotel cabs are more expensive. If there is somewhere you want to go, like the mall, you can walk about 2 minutes down the street and catch a cab for about half what you would pay for the hotel cab. We found the cabs to be very easy to catch and we walked around the city as much as we could and until it got late. We didnt have a hard time catching a cab back to the hotel.

One only need to look at the photos on the website to see how nice this hotel is.

Room Tip: I would recommend chosing a high floor. The view from the window over the city is nice.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Checked in to a room that the bath tub was heavily damaged and dirty, Toilet seat cover was heavily scratched, bath towels smell bad. called the receptionist to have room move he said that they are full!!!! I do not care if you are full, it is not my problem!!
we took the room unfortunately, I had bites all over my body, to discover eventually that it was BED BUGS, I saw them walking around in bed!! can you imagine that!!
The room should be OUT OF SERVICE! this is not a 5 star.
We checked out and did not sleep over, we could not take it anymore.
We informed the receptionist at check out, and he did NOTHING except telling us that he will inform the management.

Will never come back and I will make sure to inform everyone that I know

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank SoooS

Dear our valued guest.

Warm Greeting From Le Royal Amman,

First you want to thank you for the time spent on TripAdvisor to write your feedback.

we are sorry to hear that we didn't exceed your expectations during your stay and sure i will forward you kind words and points to our management

Our aim is satisfying the needs and demands for our valuable guests like yours.

Best Regards,

Yazan Rihani
Assistant Revenue Manager

Reviewed November 15, 2013

One of the best 5-star hotels in Amman, with comfortable rooms, a good spa and fitness room, a broad choice of restaurants and bars. But behind the apparent luxury, the quality of service doesn't justify the high rates: the staff is sometimes slow at restaurants, does not always speak or understand English, could use some training in cleaning rooms and bathrooms. Although some floors are non-smoking, you can feel the smoke coming through the ventilation, and there are no non-smoking areas in restaurants and bars: a clash of civilizations?

Room Tip: The higher the less noisy.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Our visit to Le Royal kicked off a weeks vacation to Jordan. We are a family of 4 with children aged 12 and 14.

We arrived in the evening off a delayed flight and first impressions were good. The hotel-arranged driver was there waiting for us and we were grateful for a short, thirty minute drive (the driver did expect a tip however so the JOD40 fare was more like JOD50).

The hotel is circular and a genuine landmark in the city. Its lit up like a Christmas tree at night!

The lobby is bright and impressive, this is an old building with marble floors, dark wood furniture and chandeliers. Check in was friendly and efficient. We had Entertainer vouchers for a free nights stay so our two nights here represented amazing value for money.

Our rooms overlooked the downtown and the citadel and as requested were interconnecting. The view was wonderful! Rooms were clean and of a decent size, bathrooms were small and a bit old fashioned (shower in high sided bath which anyone with mobility problems would have had issues with) but toiletries were good and I am a pushover for a towelling dressing gown and a pair of those one size fits all slippers!

We tried the sports bar next to the lobby and service was friendly and drinks were served with nibbles and a smile. Two beers and two glasses of local wine cost JOD33 so beware!

Breakfast was served in an elegant area on the 7th floor. Service was impeccable, more waiters than guests, and the choice of food was plentiful and good. We didn't know it at the time but food wise this was as good as Jordan would get. The egg station could rustle up whatever you wanted and plates were delivered to your table. Local newspapers were available free. Wifi was free in the room so kids with gadgets were impressed.

The price of food and beverages meant that we headed out to eat. The location is great so there is plenty of choice within walking distance or a short cab ride. We ate at Wild Jordan, fantastic view, family friendly and good food at a decent price. The kids loved it.

Check out was speedy and the bill spot on, no issues with the free night voucher.

We didn't get to see the pool (no children allowed!).

This is a nice 4.5 star hotel, a little tatty in places due to its age, shes a grand old lady for sure! However the location, staff service and excellent views of the city mean I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to spend time in Amman.

Room Tip: We had 1338 and 1340 which were connecting rooms (one twin one double) on the 13th floor. Fantastic...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family