“What are your expectations on an Airport Hotel?”
Review of Grand Palace Amman

Grand Palace Amman
Ranked #59 of 150 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed August 2, 2012

The Golden Tulip gets a bit of bad press, but its main function is an airport hotel. Our rooms were good and the airconditioning worked wonderfully after a few days driving around Jordan. Nice bathrooms, TV and internet worked well, good pool area. Dinner was ok, breakfast was better.
My main problem was booking and checking in and check-out. I had to phone them to make sure we had booked 2 adjoining rooms ( the email conversation was not good ). Then on arrival the staff said I had only boked one room. After 5 min it was confirmed I had booked 2 rooms with a connecting door. All was fine but I should not have to wait 35 min from arrival to completion of check-in. Check-out was only marginally better. If anyone from Golden Tulip is reading this, please note. It is rude and inneffecient to multi-task when dealing with a customer.
Would I stay here again or recommend the hotel? Yes, because it is an airport hotel and makes life much easier for early morning flights.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kiwitripper64

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Not recommended at all, except few varieties of breakfast

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Visited Amman, but did not count on the Sofex show. All serious hotels were fully booked and the only option our travel agent came up with was Grand Palace. Surprisingly cheap, especially during the trade show. Rooms are clean as far as they can be due to age and a tremendous need for an upgrade. Lobby and bar area is extremely boring, but Champions in Marriott is just 5 minutes away. $90/night including breakfast. You'll survive, just for one night.

Room Tip: Busy road at the front and a construction site on the back.. I had the back side and woke up at 0600...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank thesheikhfromdubai
Reviewed April 6, 2012

An interesting stay to say the least. The highlights included one bath towel for two guests. Four hours later, 5 requests for another towel and, after finally resorting to half a towel each, two very damp towels were delivered to our room at 7pm. The response was a shrug of the shoulders and " the Lybians use all the towels". During our stay the hotel was filled to capacity with Syrians and other Arab nationals fleeing the current political turmoil in adjacent countries. This has put strain on hotel resources and combined with a total lack of service, apart from the restaurant, the hotel has a Faulty Towers feel to it. We had a two night stay followed by a one night stay on our return to Amman. On the second night we marvelled at the brand new mattresses on the beds after the ancient foam ones on our first visit. However, there was no matress protectors and the 100 percent polyester non-fitted sheets were too small for the new matresses. We spent all night "chasing" the sheets.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eandg3
Reviewed January 27, 2012

I am staying at Golden Tulip hotel tonight. Their room condition and location are good but their room services are totally terrible. Let me express why i feel disappointed to their services. When i have done check in and settled down, i asked for the wifi services. The VIP lounge staff asked me to contact their business centre colleague. But their business centre are crowd of people for photocopy and the staff of business centre asked me to seek the help from VIP lounge. And then i came back to the lounge and the manager told me he will delivered the login information to my room. After 1 hr, they didnt send anything to my room and I have to back to the lounge to ask them again. And i found that the manager have done nothing for me and then i have back to the business centre again. And the staff finally provided the information for me. Since i have urgent email to reply. I felt v angry for such silly mistake. Furthermore, their room service is also poor. I have called the room services centre to ask for 2 set tooth brush and paste. But same result as the wifi case, the room services didnt provide the brush to me without any feedback. Today is my last night in Jordan, i stayed 3 hotels in this trip. Golden Tulip is the worst in services i met. Honestly, if you are willing to pay such amount for a hotel, there are many good option other than Golden Tulip and I will not recommended this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Lamlokki
Reviewed January 14, 2012

I had booked this hotel due to location to airport, without reviewing. During my trip I decided to kill time by reading a review of the hotel I was to stay at, I found some negative reviews but upon arrival I was pleasantly surprised to find a 4 star hotel with dedicated staff and very good dinning. They were also very accomadating by allowing a friend I ran into at the airport to share my room. I would highly reccomend this hotel when travelling through Amann.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Firemanjoe1966
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Hmmm, rooms ok, although we found a half drunk can of beer in our minibar when we arrived! No tea or coffee making facilities. The rooms were big, but not really that clean. There was a big girls football convention staying when we were there - this meant fighting for a table and food at all times - and once food had gone it was not replaced! The service for drinks at the table was poor. Find somewhere else to stay would be my advice.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family