Four Seasons Hotel Amman
$104
$141
$123
Agoda.com
Amman Pasha Hotel(Amman)(Great Value!)
$33
$28
  • Restaurant
$142
$103
  • Pool
1,030 results
All reviewsolea restaurantla capitaleroom servicebeautiful hotellobby loungeluxury hotelexcellent staybreakfast buffetother hotelsoutdoor pooldead seai highly recommend this hotelcomfortable roomsbusiness tripnon smoking roomspafs
Reviewed August 30, 2009

I stayed here for about a week. First off, the security at the hotel was great. I felt very safe staying here, they had a strong security force and guard the hotel well. The rooms here are great, just what you would expect from the #1 hotel in Amman.

The hotel is pretty close to lots of shopping and things to do. The hotel food is a bit pricey but there is a nice little place to eat about a half a block away and a little shop where you can buy food and snacks right out in front of the hotel.

There is also a bar at the end of the block, The Hangover Bar, you probably want to avoid that unless you are looking to spend lots of money on drinks and pick up Russian girls, who will probably cost a lot more than the drinks.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
3  Thank rm996s
Reviewed July 5, 2009

We stayed at Four Seasons with three young children for one night in June. Check in was slow, we were sent to our room on our own. We had interconnecting rooms and had to call down three times over 30 mins to get the interconnecting doors opened. We went to pool for the afternoon where we had a good lunch. Poolside was a nightmare, the marble around the pool was comparable to ice-skating when wet (which is usually is with people getting in and out). People were complaining and our kids were falling as well as adults. Breakfast in the morning wasn't bad but the service was atrocious. Groups of waiters chatting whilst the breakfast room had only three tables occupied. No offers of coffee refills and we had to keep jumping up to ask them. Not good enough for this class of hotel. Check out was incredibly slow. Would I recommend? Not sure, I would probably go across the road to the Sheraton next time.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 6, 2009

My wife and I went to Jordan for a long weekend to visit Petra and some of the other sights in the country...We had previously been to Egypt (stayed at the Four Seasons in Cairo) and were looking forward to another trip to the Middle East...Prior to our arrival, the hotel was very helpful if organizing private tours to Jerash (Roman ruins), Petra and for a city tour of Amman...We arrived late in the evening and after a somewhat lengthy visa/immigration process were met by a hotel car and were taken to the hotel (about 30 minutes with no traffic)...The hotel is about 10-15 minutes from the center of Amman in a nice residential area...The hotes's impressive facade is finished in white stone...There is heavy security on the perimeter of the hotel and you go through a metal detector/x ray machine to enter the hotel..Jordan has the reputation of being relatively safe but didn't mind the extra precautions...The hotel was finished in Four Seasons fashion...A lot of neutral marble and open spaces...The lobby lacked a buzz/a lot of character but was very nice...The rooms were again finished in a typical Four Seasons fashion; relatively traditional with modern/clean feel to the room...There was a full service spa/fitness center and 3 pools which were all very nice...There were multiple bars and restaurants...Breakfast was great and we ended up ordering room service after 2 long days of sightseeing...The room service menu had a very good selection from the restaurants.

The real reason we went to Jordan was to see Petra...The hotel organized a private car to take us down there (about 3 hours on the quick route) and we spent about a very busy 5 hours in Petra going on multiple hikes...We could have easily spent more time in Petra but felt we had a good experience...Petra itself was fascinating...The red desert backdrop is stunning and the Nabateans/Roman/Byzantine influence is fascinating...For those who have been to Egypt, we compared it to a mixture of Abu Simbel and the Valley of the Kings...On the way back our driver took us a long way and allowed us to stop at the Dead Sea...We also visited Jerash (about an hour from Amman) and enjoyed that trip as well...We also enjoyed a quick 2 hour Amman city tour (Citadel and the Roman Theatre).

The hotel put together the tours for us...We had a private driver and the charge for the airport pickup, city tour, Jerash and Petra was about 350 JD including service charge...We thought it represented good value as the Petra trip was basically a 13 hour trip...The pricing structure was interesting...The airport pick-up was 60 JD but the Petra tour was only 175 JD or so...Our driver was great and went the extra mile to make sure we enjoyed our trip...Overall the hotel service was very good but they messed up a few things in the room service orders and incorrectly told us that there would be an ATM before the area where you paid for a visa (you need 10 JD per person and we had to exhange money)...All no big deal, but not flawless Four Seasons service...That being said everyone tried hard and the staff were very cordial...Jordan has a different vibe then Egypt or other North African places we have visited...It is much calmer, cleaner and more organized...We were very impressed with the people and the country and definitely recommend a visit...The Four Seasons was a very good hotel and a great base to explore the country.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank bobd72
Reviewed May 15, 2009

Have previously stayed here about 3 years ago. Hotel seems fine; stayed in a Premium room on the 9th floor with a good view. Room amenities are fine and totally what you expect in this kind of hotel. My main beef here is that I expected more elevators in a hotel of this size. I also don't like the rather high charge for checking your e-mail in the business center; they should just put up a few terminals and let people check their stuff if they didn't bring their own laptop. I don't mind the security; they had terrorism here a few years ago and have to make people feel safe. Breakfast was fine. Gym was also fine. This is not a warm and fuzzy hotel but it works well as a business-oriented property in a city that needed a Four Seasons type of establishment.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 27, 2009

Amman was a bit of an eye-opener. Everyone was very friendly, but the entrance to the Four Seasons has been blocked off by 'stingers' and a guard checks your car for explosives when you come to the entrance, which is a bit unnerving.

Having negotiated that hurdle, I then had to pass through an airport-style x-ray to get into the hotel.

Reception area large, comfortably furnished and staff fairly welcoming & helpful. Checkin process not too onerous.

I arrived late and needed to print off my schedule for the next day's meetings so whilst checking in I asked about the business centre. This was 24hr access which is good, but when I went up there, I found that I had to pay for internet access (JOD 6 per hour, about USD 10) plus pay for printed pages (first page free I think). I find it incredibly annoying when a supposedly good-quality hotel charges for business centre use like this: if Starbucks can offer free internet access, why can't Four Seasons (even maybe with a time limit)? In future I am not staying at hotels that charge for internet, it annoys me too much.

Watch out also for the extras on the bill: my quoted rate was JOD 240 (around USD 360) per night but taxes, service charge and package charge boosted this to over JOD 300 which is alot for a hotel anywhere in the world, I think.

Anyway, back to the internet I went up to my room hoping that wired access in-room might be free, and again I was disappointed: here they wanted JOD 16 for 24hrs.

Room itself was fairly acceptable: bed comfortable, but I felt the corridors outside the room and some of the furniture seemed a bit worn or cheap-quality looking. There was a little welcome 'amuse bouche' complimentary snack from the chef which was nice since it was so late.

Concierge was a disappointment: I asked for help finding my meetings, and I would have been better off asking a taxi driver, to be honest. Pretty pathetic.

Didn't get to use any of the facilities, which was a shame.

Won't be staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business