“Good quality hotel”

Four Seasons Hotel Amman
Ranked #1 of 142 Hotels in Amman
“Good quality hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a week in March for leisure and the hotel was a great place to stay. The lobby and lounge are beautiful; our suite was very comfortable and clean. The staff were friendly but not intrusive, if maybe not quite as welcoming as at other four seasons hotels.

It was a good base for sightseeing in both Amman and also a little further afield as the hotel will organise drivers at a reasonable price. Though on one occasion we had booked a driver in advance and then had to wait outside for thirty minutes as they had forgotten to call for a car.

As we spent most of the days sightseeing we spent a number of evenings in the hotel and unfortunately the room service was a little unpredictable. Some of the food was great and really tasty, while other dishes were bland or just poor quality.

Overall was a nice place to stay with good amenities and very comfortable rooms.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Patrick B, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Amman, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Lydia K,

Greetings from all of us at Four Seasons Amman!

I must say that you picked a good time to visit Jordan for leisure-- I trust the weather was good in March. I must also say that we are honored that you chose our Property to stay at for your vacation.

I would like to initially apologize for the confusion with the driver that you booked. You shouldn't have had to wait 30 minutes, but i'm happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us, especially your comfortable suite.

I will pass on your comments regarding Room Service. Being consistent is one of our key drivers so we need to make sure our guests are content with our service at all times. Constructive feedback from a valued guest such as yourself will help us continue to improve.

We hope you come back to Amman again and choose to stay with us.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Arabic first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

Visited Jordan for a week in April 2014 - wanted to flee the UK grey and fog... and seek some adventure.

Truly found it in Amman - a great middle-eastern city with a lot of hustle-and-bustle, and as a tourist a bit tiring and big.

Therefore it was nice to see the 4 Seasons brand available to book. Hotel has not been disappointing - with the staff, the luxurious interiors and rooms and the comfort being key contributing factors to the enjoyment.

On arrival, I noticed the high security surrounding the compound and the metal detector prior to walking into the impressive lobby. An unfortunate side-effect of politics, it was a calming site. Check-in was quick, efficient and I rapidly could get to my room. I initially had been checked into a smoker room due to unavailability of non-smoking rooms, but that was sorted the next day quickly while I was out discovering Amman.

Spa and sports equipment was new, high-tech and clean. Swimming pool superb to relax, while the outdoor pool unfortunately was too cold to swim in. I gather in the summer it's more welcome!

The restaurants were all top-notch and service swift and very personal. A real delight - especially the staff in the Jordanian restaurant.

One could fault the location - the 4 Seasons is a suburb / business district, which makes it calm but limits "walking out for a bite". However, in Amman everything is spread out so it's unavoidable to grab a cab at all times.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Patrick B, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Amman, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Dear Chrisotto,

Thank you for recommending Four Seasons Hotel Amman! We really enjoyed reading your detailed review. Amman is a beautiful city in the Spring when you want to get away from grey and fog so you made a good choice to come this time of the year. Amman is also very beautiful in the summer so hopefully one day you can come back and visit us then when the pool is warmer :) We're happy to hear that you tried Olea restaurant and were able to taste some Jordanian cuisine. Also happy to hear that your stay with us was swift, smooth, efficient and personable.

Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kyrenia, Cyprus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

The staff were amazing , the rooms were large, comfortable, clean and quiet. very good restaurants and bars with an extensive breakfast buffet. The location of the hotel is also very convenient with easy access to all the city's popular sites.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Midland, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Visited Amman while on a trip through Israel, Jordan and Turkey with my wife and 23 year old daughter. The Amman Four Seasons is a very nice hotel except that smoking is allowed many places in Jordan (not the hotels fault). It had great workout facilities. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for non-smoking.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Patrick B, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Amman, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear vistatx,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and even happier to know that you would come back and stay with us again. It would be our greatest pleasure to welcome you and your family back! Hope you had a memorable trip on your tour of the Middle East with your wife and daughter.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

We spent four nights at this wonderful hotel which has been around for a while (though the rooms are now starting to show their age - not significantly tho), so all its processes are sorted out and refined to work most efficiently. We were in Amman for leisure and had our own transport so the location of the hotel was less important to us than if we were there on business. Front and Concierge desks were very efficent and knowledgeable. Our Deluxe Room facing the city had a great view and was well appointed as you would expect for a Four Seasons hotel. The bed was exceptionally comfortable. A large bathroom. We ate at all three restaurants - Jordanian, Thai and Italian - they were all exceptionally good, tho the Thai won the day!! Service standards overall were well above Jordanian standards ( we stayed in three other hotels in different cities) tho I am not prepared to say they were the best I have experienced ever, in fact quite some distance from that. Not that it matters to me but for instance I was addressed by my name only twice in four days. A much greater complaint is that our hotel could have been anywhere in the world, there was just no Jordanian character (the people apart) which is quite sad as it could be unique and remarkably colourful. Having said that I suspect there is not a better hotel in Jordan and that includes the Kempinski at the Dead Sea - certainly there is nothing in Petra that is remotely as good..

Room Tip: Rooms with a city view can be a little noisy - but I would take the view!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Patrick B, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Amman, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear timothy4,

We are happy to hear that you were able to stay with us for a few nights—that is a good amount of time to really get to know the hotel and its outlets. When building the hotel, we made it a point to ensure most of our rooms have a view of the city-- we feel it’s important for our guests to experience beautiful Amman while they are staying with us. I am also happy to hear that you had a good night's sleep on our comfortable bed and that you had enough time to enjoy all our restaurants—I also really love our Thai restaurant, which we've worked very hard at perfecting! We really appreciate all your compliments and constructive criticism—it’s what makes us work harder and deliver better. We really hope to welcome you back very soon. Please don't hesitate to contact me on your next visit at patrick.beaury@fourseasons.com.

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

The staff were amazing - truly top notch service. extremely large, comfortable, clean and quiet rooms. very good restaurants and bars with an extensive breakfast buffet. you can't go wrong. I would give it six stars if I could.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Patrick B, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Amman, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Dear missi96,

I really enjoyed reading your review on Tripadvisor. I shared it with our team and I can honestly say it put a smile on everyone's faces. Saying that you would rate us as a 6-star hotel is one of the best compliments that we have received! It's guests such as yourself that create that dedication among all our team members to work harder and exceed our guests expectations-- we are happy that we were able to exceed your expectations. Please come back and visit us again very soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

I have traveled extensively in my life, but have never found service as professional as this. All of my special requests were met above and beyond expectations; all of the staff knew my name BEFORE arrival, and the feeling of authentic Arabic hospitality was completely evident. The Concierge team was the best I have ever encountered, and they were incredibly patient. Most notably, Bashar and Nadine. Even when I had an issue with my passport, they solved the problem in less than 20 minutes. The rooms are very comfortable; definitely try to get a city view if you're planning to stay. Spa is beautiful, and the F&B outlets are fabulous. Definitely recommend the Thai restaurant. Huge applause to the Four Seasons Amman, I would love to return to your wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: Definitely get a room on the 6th or 7th floor for the great view.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo