“Front Desk blunders, otherwise great hotel”

Four Seasons Hotel Amman
Ranked #1 of 145 Hotels in Amman
London, United Kingdom
“Front Desk blunders, otherwise great hotel”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Front Desk checked me in a smoking room withour asking me. When I called to ask for a non-smoking room, I was told no rooms are available. 1 hour later I called a different person and they told me a room is available and they moved me.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed March 18, 2014

The hotel is very good, the location is perfect, specially for business. However the room had different problems, minor problem, like the entry key, air condition, tv remote control, light... but in overall, it is a very good hotel, and i would stay there again. definitely.

The staff very helpfull, and very gentle

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 18, 2014

The Four Seasons in Amman is nothing short of amazing thanks largely to its very talented staff. They made me feel very welcomed and the careful attention to every detail, that included the amenity in my room, on to the introduction to a traditional Arabic breakfast that a waiter provided, and the surprise that I had as each staff member addressed me by my name. This experience is something that other hotels of this stature should aspire to obtain. Fully recommend staying here. Completely recommend enjoying a drink in the lounge where you can enjoy live music.

Stronsay, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

From the moment you arrive, the welcome and service from the staff is outstanding. The food is very good, we ate in the restaurant and the Foyer Bar. When we returned on our next visit we were welcomed like old friends. The rooms as you would expect are very modern, spotless and comfortable.

Stayed March 2014
Patrick B, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Amman, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear sunicat

Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Amman! We were very happy to read your review about our property. Your positive feedback regarding the food, the rooms and the staff are very much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home.

Patrick Beaury
Hotel Manager
Amman
Reviewed March 10, 2014

The staff stand out in this hotel, particularly the manager. You are made to feel welcome and special from the minute you enter the door. There seem to be so many staff too, perhaps this is how they provide such a good personal service. Our room was spotlessly clean and very comfortable with an inviting bed and spacious bathroom. There were Arab sweets to welcome us and nothing seemed to be too much trouble. From the afternoon tea, followed by a marvelous dinner and through to breakfast in the morning everything was elegantly done. There is a real touch of class at the Four Seasons but it is not spoilt by any sense of overbearing staff that you sometimes get in a ‘swanky’ hotel, here the staff are genuinely pleasant. We loved every minute of our stay. We were attending a Gala Dinner hosted in the hotel and the catering for something like 300 guests was simply meticulous. Everyone was fed at once, a full table service, and it went like clockwork. I hope to stay again one day but if I can’t I will at least go back for afternoon tea.

Room Tip: We had a lovely room on the 12th floor with a view over Amman. Quiet and peaceful.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 8, 2014

My wife and I stayed two nights at the Four Seasons Amman at the end of our Jordan vacation. The hotel is typical Four Seasons, top-notch. We were warmly welcomed by the staff who always worked to create a friendly rapport. We had a great dinner at the Italian restaurant and had daily breakfast at the newly renovated ground floor restaurant. All the meals were excellent. I would recommend anyone going to Amman to stay at this hotel. Only negative was the air conditioning at night. I am not sure if they are on a central cooling system, but we could not get our room to go lower than 71 F (21C) at night when we wanted to room as cold as possible.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I admit that I'm a big fan of the Four Seasons hotels. However, I believe in writing the positive reviews and not just the negative ones. The Four Seasons in Amman was outstanding in service and made me want to extend my stay. Unfortunately I couldn't but there is always next time. The breakfast buffet was delicious and with such a variety I wanted to try it all. The chocolate croissants were the best I've ever had and even better than the ones at the Four Seasons George V. I was very impressed with the overall service of the staff. They were extremely attentive and made my short stay a memorable one. Never ceases to amaze me. Keep it up - whatever you are doing!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 809 which was right by the elevator. The view was the parking lot. I liked being cl...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Patrick B, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Amman, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Dear Julie L,

Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Amman! Thank you for your positive review about our Property. It makes us very happy to hear that you wanted to extend your stay with us. Hopefully you'll be back sooner than later-- as you know our Property is always your home away from home.

I will definitely make sure to pass on your praises regarding breakfast at Olea and our chocolate croissants. Glad you enjoyed them. Kind words and happy guests give us the motivation to create more and more memorable stays for all our guests.

Thank you again.