“Excellent experience in Amman”

Four Seasons Hotel Amman
Ranked #1 of 150 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed March 18, 2014

The Four Seasons in Amman is nothing short of amazing thanks largely to its very talented staff. They made me feel very welcomed and the careful attention to every detail, that included the amenity in my room, on to the introduction to a traditional Arabic breakfast that a waiter provided, and the surprise that I had as each staff member addressed me by my name. This experience is something that other hotels of this stature should aspire to obtain. Fully recommend staying here. Completely recommend enjoying a drink in the lounge where you can enjoy live music.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed March 15, 2014

From the moment you arrive, the welcome and service from the staff is outstanding. The food is very good, we ate in the restaurant and the Foyer Bar. When we returned on our next visit we were welcomed like old friends. The rooms as you would expect are very modern, spotless and comfortable.

Stayed: March 2014
Patrick B, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Amman, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Dear sunicat

Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Amman! We were very happy to read your review about our property. Your positive feedback regarding the food, the rooms and the staff are very much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

The staff stand out in this hotel, particularly the manager. You are made to feel welcome and special from the minute you enter the door. There seem to be so many staff too, perhaps this is how they provide such a good personal service. Our room was spotlessly clean and very comfortable with an inviting bed and spacious bathroom. There were Arab sweets to welcome us and nothing seemed to be too much trouble. From the afternoon tea, followed by a marvelous dinner and through to breakfast in the morning everything was elegantly done. There is a real touch of class at the Four Seasons but it is not spoilt by any sense of overbearing staff that you sometimes get in a ‘swanky’ hotel, here the staff are genuinely pleasant. We loved every minute of our stay. We were attending a Gala Dinner hosted in the hotel and the catering for something like 300 guests was simply meticulous. Everyone was fed at once, a full table service, and it went like clockwork. I hope to stay again one day but if I can’t I will at least go back for afternoon tea.

Room Tip: We had a lovely room on the 12th floor with a view over Amman. Quiet and peaceful.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2014

My wife and I stayed two nights at the Four Seasons Amman at the end of our Jordan vacation. The hotel is typical Four Seasons, top-notch. We were warmly welcomed by the staff who always worked to create a friendly rapport. We had a great dinner at the Italian restaurant and had daily breakfast at the newly renovated ground floor restaurant. All the meals were excellent. I would recommend anyone going to Amman to stay at this hotel. Only negative was the air conditioning at night. I am not sure if they are on a central cooling system, but we could not get our room to go lower than 71 F (21C) at night when we wanted to room as cold as possible.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I admit that I'm a big fan of the Four Seasons hotels. However, I believe in writing the positive reviews and not just the negative ones. The Four Seasons in Amman was outstanding in service and made me want to extend my stay. Unfortunately I couldn't but there is always next time. The breakfast buffet was delicious and with such a variety I wanted to try it all. The chocolate croissants were the best I've ever had and even better than the ones at the Four Seasons George V. I was very impressed with the overall service of the staff. They were extremely attentive and made my short stay a memorable one. Never ceases to amaze me. Keep it up - whatever you are doing!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 809 which was right by the elevator. The view was the parking lot. I liked being cl...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Patrick B, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Amman, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Dear Julie L,

Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Amman! Thank you for your positive review about our Property. It makes us very happy to hear that you wanted to extend your stay with us. Hopefully you'll be back sooner than later-- as you know our Property is always your home away from home.

I will definitely make sure to pass on your praises regarding breakfast at Olea and our chocolate croissants. Glad you enjoyed them. Kind words and happy guests give us the motivation to create more and more memorable stays for all our guests.

Thank you again.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We can always count on Four Seasons. We booked a trip around the Levant and added Four Seasons into the mix just to have a sanctuary for a few days. The hotel is in a business location so you have to take a taxi everywhere you go. When you walk in you have to put your bags through a security screener and walk through a metal detector - just be aware of that because its a really odd sight at a hotel and we were kinda surprised by it at first. Rooms are spacious and clean and everything you'd expect from Four Seasons. The gym is huge and has everything you'd want. Breakfast was by far the highlight of our stay. A brick oven made the freshest pita and other breads and when we asked for fresh Manaeesh, the chef was more than happy to not only make us a fresh one but also an extra one that they packed up for us take on our day trip. I wish I remembered all the staff's name that went above and beyond (I did write their names down on a survey sheet I filled out there), but they never said no to anything we wanted including when we wanted a traditional Indian Chai. The waiter asked me how to make it, went straight into the kitchen and a few minutes later came back with a steaming pot of tea that tasted like an expert prepared it. At the end of our trip I had bought too many books and things that were too heavy to carry back so we had the hotel FedEx it back to the US which made the whole process seemless and easy. Don't miss the hot chocolate at tea time. Steaming milk and a piece of Belgian chocolate....what can be better?! Excellent stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear ChefUzma,

Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Amman. First of all, allow me to thank you for such a detailed and great review. Your kind words about our Property are much appreciated as we always love to hear from a happy guest. I am very glad to hear that breakfast was the highlight of your stay. Olea, our all day dining restaurant recently opened its doors to the public. So it makes us very happy when a guest enjoys the food. On another note, your Indian Chai sounds delicious. I might ask for one myself.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon. Please consider it your home away from home.

Thank you again.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

If there's a Four Seasons in town, I make a point of staying there and the one in Amman did not disappoint. Service was wonderful and exactly what you expect from a Four Seasons (although I kept being referred to as Mr. and Mrs., despite being a solo traveler) and they went out of their way to try and help find a satellite channel to watch the Olympics. Room was beautiful, spacious and clean and the bathroom was spotless. Nice lobby lounge and great pool and spa. I hope to stay here again soon.

Small things: no kettle in the room (you need to either buy a coffee/tea package from room service or call down and ask for one. They were prompt in delivering it, but how is a kettle and a couple of tea bags not included in a Four Seasons room?) and a slight misunderstanding at one of the restaurants (although it was corrected,it didn't need to happen in the first place).

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo