“Excellent Staff & Service”

Four Seasons Hotel Amman
Ranked #1 of 151 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The hallmark of any Four Seasons is consistently excellent service and this Four Seasons held the typically high standards of the chain.

Rooms

We had two rooms. A deluxe room on the eighth floor overlooking the traffic circle / highway. I would recommend requesting a room that didn't overlook the highway and request the highest floor possible. Slight traffic noise was evident although it wasn't an issue at night.

Room was very ordinary. Comfortable and conservatively decorated. Armchair, desk and very comfortable Four Seasons bed. Perfectly acceptable if a bit bland in decor; nothing exceptional.

The suite, 825, was a bit of a disappointment. The living room was small and cramped. The sofa was a sofa bed and extremely uncomfortable to sit on. I requested a chair and ottoman from a standard room which was promptly delivered. There wasn't a dining table and the living room was too cramped for two persons to comfortable enjoy a room service meal.

The bedroom was spacious and the dressing area / wardrobe and bathroom were amply sized.

The exterior bedroom window was very filthy and stained with bird droppings.

One pet peeve is florescent lighting. I won't use it in my own home and I certainly don't expect it in a luxury hotel. I understand the "green movement" but when I'm paying top dollar for a suite I don't expect glaring florescent lights. To their credit when I mentioned my disdain for florescent lights they were immediately changed to regular light bulbs. This is a testament to this hotel's willingness to serve and make a guest feel at home. I can't tell you how many times this simple request has been denied at five star hotels.

Spa

The hotel has a nice spa area. Excellent treatment menu and the spa made our Amman experience a true holiday. Swimming pool area is beautiful and a real oasis. In addition the hotel has an excellent gym facility. Large and well equipped.

Dining

The Italian venue is excellent. Top notch cuisine and superlative service. I'm certain, without a doubt, that Vivace is the top Italian restaurant in Amman. Highly recommended.

The Asian venue was more of a mixed experience. Sushi and sashimi were excellent but a Thai curry was far from authentic.

Overall

The Four Season Amman rooms and suites need a bit of an upmarket touch / decor to make this hotel feel more luxurious. Exterior window washing needs more attention.

The spa could use an expansion and addition of a treatment waiting room / relaxation room.

Service is superb. All staff members we encountered were excellent! This must be the finest hotel in Amman.

Room Tip: Highest floor possible. Avoid highway / traffic circle side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Darrell S

Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is an outstanding hotel. I have never been to a hotel where all the staff, without exception, were as charming and helpful as they were at the Four Seasons. The hotel amenities are excellent, as you would expect. Breakfasts are excellent. I have only two small niggles: for my taste, there could be more emphasis on middle eastern food rather than Italian/oriental, and internet access ought to be included in the price of rooms. But I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to visitors to Amman

1  Thank Alasseur
Patrick B, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Amman, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Dear Alasseur
Thank you for writing such a great review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments about our employees, we will surely pass on your praise. We will also pass along your comments regarding the food selection to our Director of Food and Beverage. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Patrick Beauty

Reviewed February 27, 2013

It was overall an great experience, it would have been near perfect had it not been for the one front desk attendant with rude attitude (although the rest of them very super), 30 minutes to find the entrance to the hotel from the backside (i was driving myself and the GPS and me both were clueless on how to get in while we both circled around a few times). I was worried that the Four Seasons standard may get diluted given it is in Amman but the property is a proper five star hotel. It has a more than a couple of restaurants, including a Chinese and Italian. The great experience with the Jordanian hospitality which we had a brief glimpse of at the Queen Alia International Airport at the immigration counter with a rare smile and welcome from an immigration official was evident everywhere at this hotel. We were greeted by an army of very knowledgeable, courteous and efficient valet attendants. We swiftly moved through security which was super to say the least, again everyone in the security team was all smiles. Check-in for the rest of the party was great except me as I encountered one of the two rude people I came across our entire trip. however the policy of moving on was helpful and we got to our room. It was pretty spacious, airy, large windows, very clean and modern bathroom. Luggage delivery was swift and given the bell boy had to deliver it to three different rooms he did a great job.

Another great experience was with the Concierge, the person who attended to my request was very polite although she was probably not aware of any hidden gems in Amman but she tried her best and gave me two different maps and was all smiles despite a barrage of questions from my end that lasted for 10 minutes.

We had a difficult time as we tried to sit down and eat in the lobby and they informed us that we need to go to first floor restaurant where we can get served the same menu and they will have large enough space to fit in a large party. We went up and figured out after 15 minutes and couple of discussions later that we have to go back down as they will not serve us anything outside of the restaurant menu, we went down again and were served there, although this was terrible given how hungry we all were but the staff showed us that they care and admit their mistake for wasting our time by serving us all beverages complimentary.

At the time of check-out, sadly a little too late but great that at least I did, I found a row of some great shops on the first floor as i was searching for the ATM. I shopped like there was no tomorrow at the awesome Trinity Store which sells Jordanian made dead sea products, cannot help but mention the super helpful, super knowledgeable and extremely courteous store attendant from Ukraine who has adopted Jordan to be her home for the last 20+ years.

I did see the other properties from the outside, except the Intercontinental everything at best was mediocre. I will definitely go back and stay in this hotel if i ever come to Amman again whether business or leisure.

Room Tip: Nothing really as most the rooms have the similar views.....
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Sajix
Allow me to thank you for such a detailed and great review. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you were showered with Jordanian hospitality. We have taken your comments regarding The Foyer Lounge and the reception desk attendee, and apologize for any inconvenience both incidents might have caused. We are also very glad to hear that you enjoyed the Trinity Store in the Shopping Arcade and that the rooms were to your liking. Again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Yours sincerely,
Patrick Beauty

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed 3 nights during a business trip. The staff is extremely nice, helpful and welcoming.
There is a well equipped business center.
The room is very large and comfortable, you sleep very well, and the shower + bath (separate) with a separate WC + bidet room are perfect. Bathroom products were from Occitane, which I liked a lot.
I didn't eat there, so I cannot review meals, but at the reception they gave very interesting suggestions for local restaurants.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

A wonderful hotel, Four seasons hotel , located in a very strategic location in Amman the capital of Jordan, the staff are great very helpful, the interior is really a four seasons style, you can enjoy the good food in the terrace with breeze of Amman

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Raed S
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This was just a very quick two night stay while I was working briefly in Amman. The hotel was great - a large and superbly comfortable room, with separate bath and shower which is always good, brilliant staff, and a good breakfast.

1  Thank westminster2
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The room did not have a coffee maker, something is available in all the hotel rooms all over the world, the room was average didnt not meet the expectations of over $300/night. The restaurant where we had our breaksfast was very average, and they charged $80 for two people thinking they are a las vegas buffet, total disappointment. The condition of the hotel needs some renovating, I am not sure how this is a 4 seasons hotel. What is the hype about it? best in Jordan? I dont think so, If you live in the US, and visit this hotel, it is more like a holiday Inn level, so do yourself a favor and go elsewhere! Will defintely not come back and will tell relatives, friends and family to go elsewhere!

4  Thank Dalia F
Patrick B, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Amman, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear Sweet412
We are disappointed to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations during your recent stay with us. We would like to offer our apologies for the missteps you encountered at our Hotel, as this is not the level of service we are known for providing. I have tried contacting you via email to discuss this matter with you. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Again, please accept our apologies.
Yours sincerely,
Patrick Beaury
Hotel Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Amman
2 mi away
Fairmont Amman
#12 of 151 in Amman
Kempinski Hotel Ishtar Dead Sea
Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Amman? Share your experiences!