“Number 1 for a Reason”

Four Seasons Hotel Amman
Ranked #1 of 150 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I just stayed at the Four Seasons Amman for 2 nights while traveling to Jordan for work and this hotel clearly deserves its top ranking.
The hotel is decorated lavishly, with great care taken to maintain the premises. While waiting for a colleague to check out, I sat in the lobby watching the florist refresh a large and elaborate display in the center of the lobby. I thought of how (relatively) few hotels maintain floral displays, let alone elaborate ones such as these - but this is the Four Seasons.

The room was equally comfortable, inviting, warm, and spacious. I've traveled a good bit recently and after staying in several nice and not-so-nice accommodations, this was a breath of fresh air in the space afforded in a standard suite. The room included a full bath, as well as a stand-up shower, a separate toilet and bidet, plentiful closet and drawer space (but no iron & ironing board, which was a bit of a disappointment - I didn't call to request one, but I'm sure I could have). The king bed was comfortable w/ plenty of pillows. I had a very nice night's sleep.

The service was top-notch. Everyone on staff I interacted with greeted me by name and were attentive, courteous, friendly and responsive. Their service was truly impressive and sets the industry standard.

The breakfast buffet was expansive, offering local (Middle Eastern) as well as some Western fare...it was great, if a little pricey (20 Jordanian Dinar if you don't get it included in your room rate for half that - definitely something to consider!)

My one complaint is two-fold:
1. Who the hell charges for internet usage anymore? I honestly expect better from a chain like this.
2. The internet - which I paid for (10 JD for a slower connection; I went w/ the higher rate - 15 JD - for a "faster" connection my 2nd night) - kept kicking me off. I didn't raise this issue when I checked out (I simply forgot about it by then), but that was really annoying, especially given the price.

So, watch out for the internet connection, get the breakfast buffet included in your room rate and enjoy staying at this outstanding hotel!

Room Tip: Two things: 1) Get the breakfast buffet included in your room rate. 2) Beware the internet conne...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Patrick B, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Amman, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Dear Besttom
Thank you for your detailed review about our Hotel. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and our facilities. We are also very glad you liked our flower display, our rooms, and our breakfast - we will make sure we pass on your lovely comments about our employees as we are always glad to hear from a happy guest. We have taken note of your comment regarding the Internet - we will pass along your comments to the related departments for consideration. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Sincerely

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Excellent services from the concierge and restaurant staff. Wonderful food at restaurants. Great spa experience. Front desk staff could be more welcoming and helpful. Outdated rooms that could use updating. The rooms and front desk/check in staff are not what one would expect from a Four Seasons hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I arrived to the hotel around 15h00 and had to wait over an hour for check in. The reception staff was absolutely unaccommodating and disregarded any concerns over time management and my schedule. I had to wait in the lobby where the staff promised to inform me of any advancement, yet I found myself having to venture back and forth for updates only to be treated poorly. Once in my suite, the shower was not working and drizzled over me, my adaptor came 20 minutes later than my call, and decided that the 700USD/night "offer" was too overpriced for the paltry room and moved to a standard room which was much cheaper and just as good as the "suite." Never again.

Room Tip: Don't bother with the suites.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank TravelCityLife
Patrick B, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Amman, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Amman. I would like to start by thanking you for your time in sharing your recent experience at the hotel.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you have encountered during your check-in process as your suite was not available and especially regarding the way you felt you were treated and greeted. Please rest assure that we praise ourselves to deliver the outmost service to all our guests and patrons, and I have addressed this comment with the relevant department in order to prevent re-occurrence in the future.

Again, I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback as it offers us an opportunity to improve our service delivery; the inconvenience that you have encountered are not representative of our service level.

I remain at your disposal should you wish to discuss the incident directly with me at patrick.beaury@fourseasons.com
Best regards,

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I am currently staying in the Four Seasons in Amman and am not very happy. To start with, the female staff at the front desk when I checked in on Sunday was downright rude. Each question I asked she sighed so audibly that even other guests at the check in desk were turning their heads to see what was going on. I was put on the sixth floor, which I suspect is one of floors with less good rooms - perhaps one for corporate clients who pay a slighlty lower price. While the room is well appointed, the bed is good, and the amenities in the bathroom are ample and good quality, here are the bad sides of the room (a) it is very noisy - I can hear it when the person in the room next to mine goes to the bathroom; (2) the aircon comes on automatically, even when the on/off switch is off, and with it comes the noise of a small engine and occassional smells; (3) each evening when I have been coming back, there was no drinking water in the room. To get a kettle to simply boil water was a major undertaking.I also agree with the previous reviewer that the style is rather impersonal. Will I stay here again, very unlikely. It's not what I expect from a four seaons. On the upside: the thai massage-therapist is wonderful (even if the services in the spa are seriously overpriced).

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank pixiejade
Patrick B, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Amman, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Pixiejade,
We are very sorry to read that your stay is not meeting your expectations for which we apologize. We would like for an opportunity to find a way to regain your confidence as well as renewing our apologies to you in person. Your satisfaction is most important to us; please contact me either by phone at the Hotel or by e-mail at livio.faverio@fourseasons.com. I hope to be hearing from you.

Best regards,
Livio Faverio

Reviewed November 9, 2012

While this hotel definitely lives up to its Four Seasons name, next time I will explore other hotels. No specific complaints, but I didn't feel much of the Amman atmosphere there. Hotel staff were helpful, but impersonal. The breakfast buffet was really great, but waitstaff seemed too busy to be as attentive as I would expect in a luxury hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Clairee50
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Although location, rooms and facilities are excellent, the level of service (during several stays) does not come close to Four Seasons standards. Service has been so incredibly bad, I can not recommend the hotel and i will not stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Sa3dy
Patrick B, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Amman, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience at Four Seasons Hotel Amman. We truly apologize for not meeting your expectations during your stay at our hotel, as this is not the level of service we are known for providing. We have addressed this issue with the relevant departments to prevent any reoccurrence in the future. We sincerely hope that this experience will not discourage you from staying with us in the near future, in order to demonstrate to you the improvements we have made as a result of your valuable comment.
Sincerely

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed here october 2012, family with 3 cgilderen(age 8,5 and 3);
we got connecting rooms and everthing was really good about this hotel.

Very good beds, nice bathroom, quiet rooms despite the traffic outside.

Had two times dinner once on the outside terrace(called "Five" grill and lounge) at the lower level wich is a really nice place to eat when asked to prepare something for the kids, no problem at all!

secon dinner at the italian restaurant Vivace, very good typical itaian food(a bit strange to have Italain food in Amman but very tasty).

Wonderful Inside and outdoor pool, very nice, jacuzzi and sauna.

Breakfast is just amazing with fresh juices, and a increadible choice of food. Never seen before!

The only bad thing is that the WIFI is not free but then again this is in most hotels in Jordan.

Overall very, very good 5 star hotel!

Room Tip: With kids aks for an interconnecting room like 1024 and 1026 great vieuws of the city (10 th floor...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your time and that your stay was pleasant. Your kind words are much appreciated; very glad to hear that you enjoyed all the Hotel's facilities, including FIVE Grill & Lounge, our latest addition to the F&B line-up. We are always happy to hear from a satisfied guest and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Yours sincerely,