“Excellent hotel with good service”

Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel
Ranked #13 of 142 Hotels in Amman
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Excellent hotel with good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2010

We stayed this hotel after several days in Petra, Wadi Rum and Deadseas. Excellent hotel start with good front desk staff. Breakfast choice was good. We ate in the bar, food was good and service was excellent.

Room was spacious. They provide a complimentary roll up bed for our young son.

Gym was adequate, unfortunately for us, the pool was closed when we were there.

My only complaint was a misunderstanding with a front desk staff when i was told that internet service was complimentary in my room. Thus when checking out, i was not too impressed to see the internet charges in my bill. The duty manager (Ashley) was kind to step in to address the problem. Overall, we are satisfied with the hotel and the services rendered.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
SheratonAdmn, Manager at Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel, responded to this review, January 1, 2011
Dear hwt61,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post your review on the TripAdvisor. I am glad that you have enjoyed both our services and our product. I am sorry about the misunderstanding occurred regarding the Internet charges, as it is chargeable in the room. I will stress on the Front Desk team to explain it more carefully next time.
All of us are looking forward to welcoming you again at our hotel.

Thanks and Happy Holidays.

Director of Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Kailua, HI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2010

As others have noted, the Sheraton is a beautifully modern hotel with all of the luxury amenities you expect of a business-oriented hotel: large, comfortable rooms in soothing colors, business services, and excellent breakfast buffet. We were surprised that smoking is allowed throughout the first floor and even in the main restaurant where breakfast is served. One major problem needs to be addressed before we will return or recommend this hotel: the front desk staff was surprisingly cold and unfriendly upon check-in and check-out, especially for SPG members. And internet costs (wi-fi is more than wired).

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hekili98
SheratonAdmn, Manager at Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2010
Dear hekili98,

Thank you for posting your review on the Trip Advisor. I am glad that you enjoyed our spacious rooms and our Breakfast Buffet.
Concerning the Internet charges, the fees are the same whether it is Wi-Fi or Wired.
Your comment about the front desk is seriously considered and I will personally follow up on this as there is always an opportunity for improvement.
All of us hope you will grant us another chance and will visit us again to experience the improvement, which I promise that we can do better!

Campbell, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2010

I stayed here for a night before my flight back home after a 2 week vaca through Jordan/Egypt. On my prior trip through Amman, I stayed at the Le Meridian, which I was satisfied with. This time I decided to try out the Sheraton as they had a good deal on their website with a rate that included breakfast and internet for a few more JOD, or so I though.

On check in, I was initially told that the rate I booked only included free breakfast and not internet. I was asked to show proof of my reservation. Good thing I had my iPhone on me and pulled up the email, which clearly showed a rate category of "high speed". I was told that I need to speak to the manager, which took a while. The manager then told me that the rate was only for breakfast, not internet. I asked him to explain how a rate that was called "high speed" was in reference to free breakfast. There was some arguing back and forth, and finally I was given my free internet. I only write this to point out that it took nearly 30 min to resolve this problem, and I really didn't care that much for the free internet, but that it showed poor customer service overall (esp since I am on their frequent guest program).

The room itself was very modern, with a desk, flat screen TV, and a very comfortable bed.

I also had a problem w the concierge, as I tried to make some dinner reservations. I was told 2x that they would call me back, but never back from them. I wound up eating at a nice local restaurant a few minutes walk from the hotel late at night though, thanks to the concierges recommendation, so I guess they partially redeemed themselves.

Overall, i thought the customer service at this hotel was pretty shabby. The hotel room and facilities are nice though. Next time however, if I'm staying for more than one night, I would probably look elsewhere to stay.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
SheratonAdmn, Manager at Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel, responded to this review, December 14, 2010
Dear omeeda,

Thank you for staying with us. Understandably, you did not get the best impression of our service. The internet issue on check-in was a very unfortunate occurrence. You were the first guest to book this great package, which became available in many Sheratons around the world just hours before you booked. A breakdown in internal communication here has lead to your difficulties. Plus, we should have done better in responding.
Your comment about the Concierge is equally valid and has been discussed with our Director of Guest Services for follow up and process improvement.
Personally, I am sorry for these two less than perfect encounters. On the other hand, I am delighted that you enjoyed our rooms and the sweet sleeper beds.
All of us hope you will grant us another chance and will visit us again. We can do better – and we normally do, too.
Alexander Bieber
STOKE ON TRENT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2010

I stayed in Sheraton Amman for four nights in november 2010,I must say that it is one of the best hotels I stayed in for a long time,I have travelled a lot and stayed in many 5 star hotels in the world this is one of the best if not the BEST considering all the service I would
definitly stay again

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
SheratonAdmn, General Manager at Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2010
Dear EL-TAJI,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience at the Sheraton Amman Hotel on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our facilities and services provided.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Alexander Bieber
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2010

This is vey much a 5* hotel and the best I have ever stayed in. We had a Towers room, which I would fully recommend as you get free food and drink in the Towers lounge every evening for 2 hours. The rooms are large and extremely plush. The bathrooms are huge and have separate rooms for the shower and toilet (where you can listen to the TV!!!). The staff were amazingly helpful with making restaurant bookings and directions to taxi drivers. The gym was great too. All round an excellent hotel - make sure you search fr a good deal online.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
SheratonAdmn, Manager at Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2010
Dear LozzaJLondon,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience at the Sheraton Amman Hotel on TripAdvisor. We are glad you enjoyed our Towers Rooms and the benefits that come along with it. Your comment about our staff, Gym, and the services provided is greatly appreciated.
All of us are looking forward to welcome you at our hotel in the near future.
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2010

I was here only for a few hours unfortunately, but what I liked best was that everything went very efficient and quick. Check-in, showing me the room, wake-up call, breakfast and.....most importantly...a speedy check-out. This hotel impressed me very much, I just hate it when you have 5 hours in total or so, but spend an hour at the reception because something isn't correct. The only thing that surprised me was the location, I felt it's a bit too far from the airport and not right at the city centre either. But, nothing to blame the staff for, they're great. The rooms are very good, the service is great, restaurant (I only had breakfast) was fine as well.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vielflieger_44
SheratonAdmn, Manager at Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2010
Dear Vielflieger,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience at the Sheraton Amman Hotel on TripAdvisor. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us even if it was for couple of hours. We hope to welcome you again in the near future for a longer period where you can enjoy all our hotel facilities and services.
Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2010

We spent a very enjoyable night in the Sheraton Amman. Service was friendly. The rooms were well appointed and the toilets clean. We could access computers in the lobby area free of charge for 45min. The Sanctuary Lounge was closed due to a dust storm. The food in the coffee shop was average.
Overall happy with our choice

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
SheratonAdmn, Manager at Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2010
Dear Mashet,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Sheraton Amman Hotel on TripAdvisor. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to welcome you again in the near future.