“Amazing Stay in Amman” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 148 Hotels in Amman
Ottawa
“Amazing Stay in Amman”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2010

We had an excellent stay here. We were given a suite with a butler, which we didn't even need to bother. The room was very well furnished with an excellent view of Amman. The highlight was the rooftop pool, where we had a great time lounging the afternoon by. It got more busy on the weekend but still very enjoyable. The gym was well equipped. There is a cool bar on the terrace at night where you can enjoy a shesha pipe. We were worried at first that as an unmarried western couple we might frowned at, but everyone was very helpful and we were treated great the whole time.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SheratonAdmn, Manager at Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel, responded to this review, April 20, 2010
Dear Frank 21961,
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Sheraton Amman Hotel on TripAdvisor. We are glad you enjoyed you’re your romantic time with us and we hope to welcome you again in the near future.
Regards
Muna S.
Director of Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Caxias Do Sul, RS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2010

We arrived at the hotel for a business meeting in the city. The stay was good despite the high price paid for the room. The only inconvinience was at the check-out time which was denied to us the access for the Lounge (which was included in our room rate) because we had already checked-out. We needed to wait for 45 minutes until our transportation arrives, the duration we would have stayed at the lounge. Unfortunately the receptionist was really rude when we asked for this "favor".
I would say that will book again only if it is my last option as we can find other good hotels in the city for better prices and services.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
SheratonAdmn, Manager at Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2010
Dear Camiantunes,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. How unfortunate that we destroyed otherwise good impressions while you were leaving.

Your lounge experience is understandably upsetting. It seems to me that this misguided and petty behavior was one associate’s (mis)understanding of a policy, which we have rephrased in the meantime. Please forgive us.

Would you contact us at feedback.amman@sheraton.com, we will do our best to make you change your mind about returning.

Warm Regards,
Alexander B.
Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2010

I stayed at this hotel while on a business trip with colleagues. Check-in was quick and the staff was pleasant. The hotel lobby is very nice adding to the appeal of the hotel.

The hotel provides an outstanding free breakfast consisting of nearly anything you could want. The gym within the hotel is very nice for a hotel, and free of charge. There are several computers which offer complimentary internet access within the main lobby.

The rooms are spacious and include a flat screen tv, nice bed, safe, two free bottled waters per day, and water warmer to make coffee. My only complaints with my room is that th air conditioning did not get my room cold enough. As a result, my room was just a little warmer than I would have liked and caused me some trouble sleeping. Also, there was no clock in the room, so I had to rely on wake-up calls from the staff. The wake-up calls were very reliable.

The hotel is located near several very reasonable restaurants. Also, tourist attractions such as Mount Nebo are within a fairly cheap cab fare.

Overall, this is a very nice hotel which I would recommend to anyone traveling to Amman, Jordan.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Dear Rowdyburns22,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review through the TripAdvisor. We are very happy to read such nice feedback as yours. I noted that you had a problem with the A/C unit in your room and I have shared the comment with our Engineering Department for proper checking and maintenance to all guestrooms.

We look forward to seeing you again when you return for your next stay.

Muna S
United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2009

Stayed at Sheraton Amman for 4 nights starting 23.10.2009 stayed at Room No.525
The rooms are well maintained, bed sheets were clean and spotless and the room had a very nice view of the city. Bathroom was small but very clean with good amenities along with an audio volume control system connected to the main TV in the room.
The below are the things which I liked and disliked during my stay
Pros :
1.Very Nice and comfortable spacious room (However my room was a club-SPG room so I can't comment on the classic standard rooms)
2. Location is very good compared to other hotels in Amman( note that there aint a trendy touristic area in Amman as all other hotels are located between different residential areas) and enjoyes a prime location.
3. Club Lounge is a very relaxing venue in the Hotel with an excellent pre-dinner canapes and drinks throughout the day.
Cons:
1. Buffet Breakfast was not extensive as other 5 star hotels (No Saj Station,No waffles, No Oriental plates, Fruits selection was kept to the minimum).
2. Staff attitiude at the restaurant is not so welcoming, I was hoping to see someone smiling during my 4 days stay., I guess its not easy for them !
3. Health Club facilities are well maintained and adequate, however note that there is no Jacuzzi in the spa apart from the sauna and steam rooms.

Finally, I would like to point out one employee who really reflects an excellent image about this hotel (Shadi - Reception), He was very polite, continously greeting and ensuring that my my stay is comfortable. Indeed he should be set as an example for other employees in this hotel on how to handle and deal with customers. Well done shadi..keep it up!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
SheratonAdmn, Manager at Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2009
Dear Rani78,

Glad to read such nice comments as yours about our hotel. I will convey your nice comment to Shadi, I'm sure he will be so happy about it.

Europe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2009

I've stayed at the Sheraton Al-Nabil twice in the last 5 weeks (Sept and Oct). Both stays proved the hotel has high standards, is clean and well-run, and has a very friendly staff. I stayed in two different types of rooms, and both were comfortable and spacious. The beds are very good with fresh and crispy sheets and plenty of pillows. The housekeeping service is excellent. The lobby bar is light and airy and a good choice for casual meetings or just relaxing; prices are reasonable (try to the local wine: Mount Nebo Chardonnay). The restaurant (The Spice Garden) serves a plenty-full breakfast and lunch buffet with lots of choices...and a very attentive staff. Everyone made me feel extra welcome on my second trip and this was very nice.

The only challenge we had was with the conference facilities which we needed to use on both occasions for meetings. First time around the meeting rooms weren't quite ready and were lacking some basic ammenities (white board pens, flip charts, etc.); second time around was smoother. But this is not a concern for most travelers.

I'll be back in Amman soon and will have no hesitation to stay at the Sheraton again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Dear atrejseeratleve,

We are happy that you enjoyed your both stays with us.

Our Director of Banqueting is currently working on improving the services in our meeting rooms.

Warm Regards,

DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2009

This is perhaps the nicest Sheraton in which I've stayed. The staff was incredibly nice and helpful, the room was small, but well appointed and comfortable, and the lobby area open and beautiful. The breakfast, which was an additional charge, presented an incredibly well-balanced and diverse selection. Although not located in a trendy area (is there one in Amman?), the location was quiet, as was my room. Additionally, the hotel seems to have a thriving weekend nightlife and beautiful Jordanians - males and females - arrived at the hotel to take advantage! On a non-working day I took advantage of a paid driver offered through the concierge and toured Jordan. A truly wonderful experience and one that others should experience if they have the time. Nothing bad to say about this stay!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank philotravelin
SheratonAdmn, Manager at Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2009
Dear Philotravelin,

Glad to hear you had great time in Amman, and thank you for the nice comments about our hotel and services.

Warm regards,

Haarlem, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2009

Very nice hotel, wonderful pool, friendly staff, fantastic rooms. Would definitely go there again. Prices at 'The Sanctuary' bar are rediculous for Amman standards. Nice bar though.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dutch_75
SheratonAdmn, Manager at Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2009
To Dutch_75

Glad you liked hotel, its people and the sanctuary outdoor lounge. We try to be very competitive with pricing in the sanctuary, but we will have another look at it. Thanks for the feedback!