“Very Good Hotel”

United Arab Emirates
“Very Good Hotel”
Reviewed October 28, 2009

Stayed at Sheraton Amman for 4 nights starting 23.10.2009 stayed at Room No.525
The rooms are well maintained, bed sheets were clean and spotless and the room had a very nice view of the city. Bathroom was small but very clean with good amenities along with an audio volume control system connected to the main TV in the room.
The below are the things which I liked and disliked during my stay
Pros :
1.Very Nice and comfortable spacious room (However my room was a club-SPG room so I can't comment on the classic standard rooms)
2. Location is very good compared to other hotels in Amman( note that there aint a trendy touristic area in Amman as all other hotels are located between different residential areas) and enjoyes a prime location.
3. Club Lounge is a very relaxing venue in the Hotel with an excellent pre-dinner canapes and drinks throughout the day.
Cons:
1. Buffet Breakfast was not extensive as other 5 star hotels (No Saj Station,No waffles, No Oriental plates, Fruits selection was kept to the minimum).
2. Staff attitiude at the restaurant is not so welcoming, I was hoping to see someone smiling during my 4 days stay., I guess its not easy for them !
3. Health Club facilities are well maintained and adequate, however note that there is no Jacuzzi in the spa apart from the sauna and steam rooms.

Finally, I would like to point out one employee who really reflects an excellent image about this hotel (Shadi - Reception), He was very polite, continously greeting and ensuring that my my stay is comfortable. Indeed he should be set as an example for other employees in this hotel on how to handle and deal with customers. Well done shadi..keep it up!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
SheratonAdmn, Manager at Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2009
Dear Rani78,

Glad to read such nice comments as yours about our hotel. I will convey your nice comment to Shadi, I'm sure he will be so happy about it.

Director of Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Europe
Reviewed October 12, 2009

I've stayed at the Sheraton Al-Nabil twice in the last 5 weeks (Sept and Oct). Both stays proved the hotel has high standards, is clean and well-run, and has a very friendly staff. I stayed in two different types of rooms, and both were comfortable and spacious. The beds are very good with fresh and crispy sheets and plenty of pillows. The housekeeping service is excellent. The lobby bar is light and airy and a good choice for casual meetings or just relaxing; prices are reasonable (try to the local wine: Mount Nebo Chardonnay). The restaurant (The Spice Garden) serves a plenty-full breakfast and lunch buffet with lots of choices...and a very attentive staff. Everyone made me feel extra welcome on my second trip and this was very nice.

The only challenge we had was with the conference facilities which we needed to use on both occasions for meetings. First time around the meeting rooms weren't quite ready and were lacking some basic ammenities (white board pens, flip charts, etc.); second time around was smoother. But this is not a concern for most travelers.

I'll be back in Amman soon and will have no hesitation to stay at the Sheraton again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Dear atrejseeratleve,

We are happy that you enjoyed your both stays with us.

Our Director of Banqueting is currently working on improving the services in our meeting rooms.

Warm Regards,

DC
Reviewed August 21, 2009

This is perhaps the nicest Sheraton in which I've stayed. The staff was incredibly nice and helpful, the room was small, but well appointed and comfortable, and the lobby area open and beautiful. The breakfast, which was an additional charge, presented an incredibly well-balanced and diverse selection. Although not located in a trendy area (is there one in Amman?), the location was quiet, as was my room. Additionally, the hotel seems to have a thriving weekend nightlife and beautiful Jordanians - males and females - arrived at the hotel to take advantage! On a non-working day I took advantage of a paid driver offered through the concierge and toured Jordan. A truly wonderful experience and one that others should experience if they have the time. Nothing bad to say about this stay!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank philotravelin
SheratonAdmn, Manager at Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2009
Dear Philotravelin,

Glad to hear you had great time in Amman, and thank you for the nice comments about our hotel and services.

Warm regards,

Haarlem, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 3, 2009

Very nice hotel, wonderful pool, friendly staff, fantastic rooms. Would definitely go there again. Prices at 'The Sanctuary' bar are rediculous for Amman standards. Nice bar though.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dutch_75
SheratonAdmn, Manager at Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2009
To Dutch_75

Glad you liked hotel, its people and the sanctuary outdoor lounge. We try to be very competitive with pricing in the sanctuary, but we will have another look at it. Thanks for the feedback!

Helsinki
Reviewed July 28, 2009

Higlights: Outdoor pool, The Sanctuary, Breakfast.

This was my first time to the Middle East and I really didn't know what to expect. Therefore I wanted to book by a big chain. I got a good rate, 125 JOD per night for a club room including breakfast and evening snacks (even served w. alchohol, f.e. we could test the Jordanian wine there). The breakfast buffet was great with very friendly service from a waiter with the name Rachid. It wasn't just "how are you today, sir" like everyone else asks. He also cared for our answer, took 10 seconds of extra time for chit-chatting and also made caffe latte to go and a small package of fruits before we left for our daytrips to Jerasch, Umm Qays and Petra. The hotel arranged one of our daytours. We only had two days so we wanted to squeeze out so much we could of the days by developing one of the offered daytour to a longer one also including Umm Qays from where you can see Syria, Israel and the Golan Heights. The trip was 135 JOD for two persons (you can be three) and took 10 hours. Great driver speaking excellent english and could tell you very much about everything. The tour was also in a Mercedes CLK. Very nice - and good value (even tough the entrance fees and guides are not included in the price - add another 15-20 JD per person). Still good value.

The hotels location is good. First we thought it is a bit to faar out from the centre. But the taxi to downtown is only 5 JOD and the taxiride is fast (if it isn't rushhour). The location was also perfect when going to the airport and close to car rental firms. King abdullah gardens where you can rent a car (from 20 different companies) is very close and very good if you want to avoid the hectic traffic of Amman. Renting a car is a good idea if you are going out of Amman. Roads are OK, gas cheap (20 JOD for a full tank) and traffic not hectic at all. Amman however is very hectic, I would not recomend renting a car and driving rushhour traffic in downtown Amman. Here again is the hotels location good. It is easy to get to the 7th circle and the north (Jerasch) or south (Petra, Dead Sea, Mt Nebo, Aqaba and airport). The location saved me when going to the aiport. The traffic was so jammed that day so I wouldn't made it to my flight if the hotel would have been north of downtown f.e.

The outdoor pool was one of the highlights. 25 meter pool, very nice! The outdoor bar or lounge called the Sanctuary was also a very cool plaze with a atmosphere compareable to a lounge or club in a W hotel. Compared to lot's of hotel clubs in Europe there was lot's of people here (a monday) that had a drink and smoked waterpipes. Nice - even though it was a bit expensive.

Where can the hotel improve? The concierge could improve. I am very use to plan a lot by myself and to make it quick. Those were quite slow, had hard to think outside of the box and it felt sometimes that I knew more of Jordan than them. We needed to get help renting a car and they said there was no cars availible. Instead of waiting we took a 3 JD taxi to King Abdullah garden and had 10 minutes later keys in hands for a car. But this doesn't change my overall rating cause for sure the service would been similair in all other hotels.

Overall a very good hotel - especially for a first stay in Amman!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank TibasHelsinki
To TibasHelsinki

You seem to have had a really good time in Jordan, how great to hear such a comment, thank you so much. Concierge is one of my responsibilities, so I’ll work on your comments.

Central Connecticut
Reviewed July 7, 2009

We recently returned from a 16 day visit to Jordan. Our first 6 nights were spent at the Sheraton in Amman, and it was wonderful. We took advantage of the bed + breakfast rate, which was a good idea as the breakfast buffet was really abundant. By eating a nice breakfast, we never felt the need to eat again until late afternoon/early evening.
The hotel is located at 5th circle, across the street from the Four Seasons - which worked well for us as we visited many places in Amman, and this location is very centrally located. There is always one or more taxis available at all times at the entrance, and we found them very reasonably priced.
As to the hotel, itself - it is beautiful and one of the very few hotels w/ a contract w/ the palace. The service, across the board, was excellent - which we found to be true everywhere we stayed. Our US hotel employees could learn alot from observing the Jordanian hotel employees - they are definitely a "notch above". We had a room steward (all room service/cleaning is performed by men) that I would happily have brought home - he was so nice, our room was always immaculate, and he would periodically place fresh flowers on the desk.
The room was beautiful, large, and very comfortable. We did not eat in the EVOO restaurant onsite, but Jordanian friends raved about it. We did use the pools several times. Both the indoor and outdoor pools were pristine, the surrounding furniture was really nice. The fitness rooms and spa areas were also top quality.
We loved staying at the Sheraton, and would return w/o hesitation.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank wijssa
Norway
Reviewed June 19, 2009

nice room, comfort bed, friendly staff, limited restaurant options, food is okay.
For the business traveler they can find what they want. it was my first time there and it will not be the last.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business