“Great Hotel, but a little expensive”

Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel
Ranked #14 of 144 Hotels in Amman
LONDON
“Great Hotel, but a little expensive”
Reviewed April 22, 2009

Second time staying here at the Sheraton, Amman. Great location (though Amman is not huge), amazing refurbished rooms and very nice lobby area.
Breakfast was great and was included in our rate.
Only downfall is that its a bit pricey, especially since all other neighbouring hotels offering similar amenities and similar standards are slightly less expensive.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
dubai
Reviewed April 15, 2009

As usual, i'm really enjoying my stay in sheraton.
It is a perfect location for my business.
Sevice is excellent, staff weel trained, very friendly.
Excellent management team.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank khaledfeki
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 25, 2009

I stayed at this hotel during a busy business trip and long travel. Upon arrival, I thought things would go well since Amman is a very hospitable place.

Upon arriving at the hotel, it was as if I was a burden to everyone at the hotel. From check-in to check-out, the only thing that was great was the awesome bed.

The door men didnt offer to get my bags or the door.
The check in was cumbersome and the two behind the desk were joking with each other while I was waiting.
I tried to get a cab, and they only wanted to get me an expensive 'hotel taxi'.
Checking out was equally painful as no-one wanted to help me with my bags. The check out counter took 10 mins even though I was the only one at the desk.

They didnt even offer to help me with my bags to my car as I was struggling with my 2 bags.
It was a bad stay. I will not only avoid the hotel, but will tell my company to avoid booking at the hotel and go with the much nicer and better managed Four Seasons. Hell, I would even stay at the Holiday Inn.

• Liked — The Bed
  • Disliked — The Staff
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank riyaliti
toronto, ON
Reviewed January 3, 2009

A nice location in Amman and close to everything. The food portions are small but the food is very good. Staff at the Reception are kurt with the clients. Breakfast buffet is amazing and has a spectacular view of the city. Rooms are comfortable enough. Gift shop is not very good and the pool can be quite busy on the week ends. Also note security is tight and no cars can drop you off to the front door.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — reception staff
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank voyagerprof
Dubai, UAE
Reviewed September 6, 2008

Stayed here for 2 nights. The room looked a bit dated and had a nice view onto the 4 seasons across the street. The towers lounge and the bar were really dark - no windows at all. Doesn't make you comfortable at all and we left right after the happy hour.
We took a cab to another hotel (biggest one, forgot the name) which had a really nice bar with a terrace, providing a nice view onto the city.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank pemaki
San Francisco, CA, USA
Reviewed August 28, 2008

The Sheraton Amman is your standard big city business hotel which is showing signs of it age.

If you have looked at the room categories at this hotel you may be puzzled as the hotel offers both “Towers Rooms” and “Club Rooms.” In my experience it is pretty unusual to have both categories or room in the same hotel and, despite plenty of advance research, I could never figure out the difference between the two categories of room. From what I could tell on-site the Towers rooms are on floors 7-9 and the Club rooms are on floor 6. None of the upper floors require room key-card access. As our confirmed, credit-card guaranteed Towers room was not available at check-in (the hotel claimed the previous guests had ‘extended unexpectedly’ but my guess would be the hotel overbooked) we were given a standard room for a slight rate reduction but were allowed to use the Towers lounge. So the bottom line is that I never did personally see the inside of a Towers room nor a Club room.

Unfortunately this particular Towers lounge was nothing to write home about; it is on the lobby level with no windows at all! I have seen ground level lounges like this one before and have never really liked them. There are standard snack and drink items served throughout the day and the evening happy hour (from 6:30p-8:30p) was nothing special. There was a decent selection of beers and hard alcohol but the finger foods were just OK. We opted to dine in the main buffet area for our included breakfast rather than in the lounge due to the windowless nature of the lounge. If your room rate includes Towers Lounge access you can eat breakfast in the main breakfast restaurant room at no additional charge. Thumbs up on the overall breakfast buffet and omelet station!

I would probably pay a bit more to stay at the Four Seasons across the street next time I visit Amman. We had some very good Thai food at the Four Seasons restaurant called “Asia.” Don’t miss the Thai beef salad. You might want to give it a try if you are longing for Thai food in Jordan!

Stayed August 2008
2 Thank SFTraveler10
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed August 27, 2008

The Sheraton is on an average place to stay. The security is good and position in Amman is good also. The rooms are clean although they are getting tired. Wall paper coming off in places and the bathroom was tiny. The staff at the front desk great us without a smile and when we informed them that we had a booking for 2 double beds they simply advised us that there were none available and a child would simply have to sleep on the floor. So another adventure for junior camping out on the floor....... What I find amusing is that the front desk staff did not go out of theur way to accomodatte us - even though I had a written confirmation that all 4 of us would be accomodated. I also find I amusing that Sheraton send you a emailed survey after your stay to find out what was wrong and the manager has to reply - why not fix the problem while I am there?? Perhaps I will consider staying there again at 250 JD plus plus. The breakfast was great although not included in the tariff (plus plus again....) room service was barely noticeable with a waiter who dropped of the food at the door and practically begged for a tip before running down the hall and leaving the trolley in the foyer.... best thing was the car valet service. They looked after the car wonderfully and everytime I walked out of the lobby they had the car waiting. Was that a sign?????

• Liked — Valet service, position opposite the four seasons
  • Disliked — Front desk staff, accomodation, price, complete disregard for travellers with children
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family