“Great Experience”

Ranked #13 of 142 Hotels in Amman
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

I usually stay at the four seasons but decided to stay at the sheraton this time, and i'm very glad I did. There is much more substance to this hotel, the homely service, quality of food and beverage, and exceptionally luxurious public spaces with the best outdoor pool in Jordan and marble clad lobby, I have to say was much more than I expect from a Sheraton. For business travelers, this is the place to be if you care about value for money and quality.

1 Thank Englishmustard
SheratonAdmn, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Englishmustard,

Thank you for your great review posted on the Trip Advisor. Wow… We are extremely delighted to read your description about our hotel as homely and that our F&B quality, our outdoor poor and our luxurious public spaces amazed you.

Please come back soon, we are waiting for you.

Director of Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Rye, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

That was our first visit to Jordan and after a great trip to Petra we decided to spend a few days in Amman. It is a beautiful modern hotel with high standards. The check in was professional and efficient. It felt nice to sit at the check in desk and enjoy a complimentary beverage while the clerk was assisting us. The only detail I would like to mention is that it would be probably better if Front desk clerks would greet guests by standing up, it is not easy at first to see to what desk to go for a check in, and standing while greeting would produce a better impression in general. Bell-stand and concierge were efficient, however, Concierge couldn't recommend many places to see in Amman. Most of them are actually outside of Amman. We liked our evenings in the hall while enjoying live piano music and having a drink. Breakfast was delicious and full of options including eggs that could be made to your choice. The service was friendly and polite. The only thing I didn't like was smoking near elevators. I don't smoke, our room was supposed to be non-smoking, however, because of its location near elevators it seemed that the smoke always came to our room. We even had to ask housekeepers to spray it once.

Room Tip: away from elevators
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
SheratonAdmn, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear Tanya S,

Thank you very much for your time spent in writing about your experience with us on the Trip Advisor. We are very happy to read that we managed to satisfy you with our services starting from the professional check in, the huge breakfast variety, the evening live piano music in the Green Lounge, not to mention the Concierge services.
Your suggested tips are valid rather highly appreciated.
All of us are waiting for your next stays please do not be late!
Castellanza, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Just amazing the luxury of the hall....rooms are sheraton so nothing more to say...very good restaut italialian 100%..but expensive...the food manager has been in italy for many years and knows what the food sould be in a class hotel like that

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
SheratonAdmn, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear romeo2305,

Thank you for your wonderful review posted on the Trip Advisor. We are very happy to read your description of our hall and rooms as luxurious, and that you enjoyed our Italian food provided at our well-known E.V.O.O. Italian Restaurant.

Please don’t be late and come back soon, we are waiting for you.

Letchworth, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I generally stay in Crowne Plaza's, Radisson's and Holiday Inns across EMEA, however this hotel was recommended over the local Crowne Plaza. This hotel is very pleasant, however the general service leaves a lot to be desired. On checking in, the receptionist convinced me to take an upgrade to a club room, which included breakfast and use of the Club lounge, and it seemed worth it for a slight extra daily payment. The room was very pleasant (612), however the first thing I noticed was that the carpet was dirty and obviously hadn't been vacuumed. It was only on the 3rd day of my stay that I noticed that the room was not being cleaned properly; the carpet had still not been cleaned and my bedding was unchanged. I complained to reception and they said it would be resolved. On the 5th day after complaining again, they finally changed the bedding and vacuumed the carpet, added a spare toilet roll, and restocked the tea and coffee. Very poor housekeeping! I also asked if I could take a colleague into the Club lounge, (who was staying at another hotel), and they said this was not a problem, so I was a bit annoyed to be told afterwards that I would have to pay for the 1 beer he had. The food is nothing fantastic either, most of the dishes offered as part of the buffet are very basic and often cold. I will not be staying here again, and I will try the Crowne Plaza next time I am in Amman.

Room Tip: Try and get a room at the front of the hotel as it is much quieter at night. Higher floors have bett...
1 Thank Roy D
SheratonAdmn, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Roy D,

Well, it is so unfortunate that your stay was not as pleasant as you desired, but I can assure you that your comments about the club lounge experience and the cleanliness of your room including the lack of restocking things, were immediately shared with people concerned to check and improve the service chain where and whenever possible.
All of us hope that you will come back again and we promise that we can do a lot better than what you have had with us.
Thanks again.
Fort Collins, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

I very rarely give a negative review. In fact, I haven't until now on TA. Don't get me wrong, the Sheraton here is just fine for your business travel and the event staff are incredible. The internet is only free for the first 4 hours and you are then charged. I also had quite an argument with the bell captain about where I wanted to go. I argued with him for a while, he told me it would take 10 minutes to find a cab, and I found this odd. I have very limited arabic, and was without a native speaker tonight. We got in a cab and were told it would be 10JD for an hour. We argued and said we only needed a ride to where we wanted to go. The bell captain assured me where I was going was shut and he had a place. We were taken to a special shop that is friends with both our bell captain and our driver with ridiculously over priced souvenirs, that was opened just for us, as the cab driver coordinating our arrival. We walked in and walked back out. We then asked to go to the market - same market I asked for in the first place and was told it was closed. He took us to another shopping district that was commercial stores and we left him there.

I've seen the night life in Amman, and been downtown at night, this was not down time. I highly recommend the amphitheater and the area around. I'm very disappointed in the staff tonight. I don't normally stay at Sheraton hotels, and this one is fine - perhaps just one bad experience. I felt taken advantage of as a traveler and by the staff of the hotel, not impressed.

Dear Katie M,
Thank you for your time spent in writing about your experience with us on the Trip Advisor. We are glad to read that the event staff was incredible and that our hotel is fine for business travel.
Your feedback about the door man had it been regarding the misunderstanding or the delay in getting you a cab for 10 minutes at 10:00 pm is understandable and appreciated. I have discussed it with the Head Concierge and have had all details around it. Of course, there was a learning opportunity out of it and we thank you for highlighting it in your review.
All of us are looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Riyadh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

One of the nicest hotels I stayed in. The service was great, the rooms very clean, the facilities fantastic, probably the best hotel in Jordan. An oasis in the middle of Amman worth seeing. We had a family club room, a good value for the money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RiyadhGeorge
SheratonAdmn, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear RiyadhGeorge,

Thank you for your review that is one of the nicest reviews posted on the Trip Advisor. Your warm and beautiful description of our rooms and services has made our day.

All of us are waiting for your next stays with us… please don’t be late!

Warm Regards,

Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

First and foremost - I liked it. I was staying here for work and there was a large group of us, but their check in was incredibly easy...sometimes it seems with these big groups, it's hard for things to move quickly, but the management had the foresight to see this would be a big group, and there were probably 7 or 8 people there at the reception desk to move us quickly...as one of the previous writers mentioned, the service was fantastic - period. I can't tell you how much this expediency was relief for tired travelers. Furthermore, just about every employee I came across was friendly and helpful with anything I needed - from finding postcards to hailing a taxi. Taxis are easy to get and should be able to move you to most places for under 5 JD. We also got a driver to take us around to places like the Dead Sea and Mt. Nebo for about 90 JD split amongst 3 of us...an absolute steal for a day.

As for the room, clean and spacious and a nice view of Amman. I'm guessing this hotel has been around for a few years, but it's hard to tell...my room was clean and my bed was incredibly comfortable, and the blackout curtains made sleeping easy.

I typically choose Marriott hotels for work because of my rewards with them, and my points aren't as high with Sheraton's, but I won't complain at all for my stay here and would be happy to stay here again if I'm back in Amman

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank R W
SheratonAdmn, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear R W,
First and foremost, allow me to express my great appreciation to your precious time spent in writing about your great and outstanding experience with us on Trip Advisor.
Thank you is not enough to express our appreciation, but I can tell you that your review will be shared with all our staff and it will be posted in all departments for us to remember and to continue our services journey in the same manner and with the same excitement and professionalism.
We are extremely happy that we exceeded your group’s arrival expectations, as tired travelers, and that you were happy with our rooms’ conditions and cleanliness, not to mention the professionalism of our Concierge services.
Hence you mentioned that you would be happy to stay here again, I can assure you that we will be happier serving you again and again and again.
Please come back soon, we are waiting for you.
Warm Regards,