“Excellent hotel. Fanatstic service. Rooms getting slightly tired” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel

Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel
Ranked #13 of 148 Hotels in Amman
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel. Fanatstic service. Rooms getting slightly tired”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was my second stay at the Sheraton Nabil Towers, and once again I wasn't disappointed. The hotel houses excellent facilities all round, and the staff are always cheery, welcoming and warm. It's rare that you offer a tip to someone who has just brought you a bucket of ice, who politely turns it down on the basis that 'it's their duty'! Once again I stayed in a Tower room, and whilst I was slightly disappointed that I didn't get view overlooking the 5th circle and the exhilarating Amman skyline, the balcony overlooking the rear of the hotel made up for it. Whilst the room was spacious and the bed very comfortable, it is getting on a bit and would soon require a refurbishment. If I had a complaint, it would be true of all hotels in Amman, and that would be the fuzzy and incoherent 'No Smoking' policy. The Lounge which I had access to had no clear smoking policy and therefore had guests puffing away at cigars and cigarettes making staying in the delightful venue, quite unbearable. Once again, I realise this would be true in all Amman hotels, which is a shame and needs to be seriously addressed. A pleasant stay nonetheless and an experience I have every intention of repeating next time I'm in Amman.

Room Tip: A high floor room overlooking downtown Amman (i.e. the 5th Circle) is always worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SheratonAdmn, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear AOA68,

Thank you very much for your kind review posted on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your second stay with us; your beautiful description of our team members has cheered us up, same as for your comment about the spacious room and its comfortable bed. Your comment about smoking policy is appreciated rather understandable.
All of us are waiting for your third stay, please come back soon!
Best Regards,
Director of Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
County Donegal, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed here for two nights at the end of October as down-time on the way home from a fairly arduous business trip. This was my first visit to Jordan and, while the hotel is an average Sheraton physically, I was blown away by the levels of customer service.

My flight arrived at 6 in the morning so, as a Platinum SPG, I booked using My24 and had a confirmed reservation from 0800. At my request, the hotel arranged a car from the airport (using Hertz) and I was impressed that the Duty Manager called me in the car to check that everything was ok and to confirm that my room was ready. He then met me at the entrance and completed the checkin in a junior suite (courtesy of the Platinum upgrade).

The suite was pretty average but did have a superb corner terrace as well as a small balcony. The public areas were clean and attractive with a most pleasant outdoor terrace to have breakfast on if one chose not to use the club lounge. My big gripe would be that the insidious presence of smokers was everywhere and I was not aware of any non-smoking areas other than specified bedrooms. Another, smaller, moan would be that the club lounge is too focussed on tables for meals rather than comfortable seating.

My rating of 'excellent' was based, in part, on the cleanliness and layout of the hotel but the decisive factor was the level of customer service. From the in-car call from the duty manager to the fact that every single member of staff that I encountered knew my name within the first twelve hours. I mentioned that I had appreciated the Arabic sweets that had been delivered but had been unable to eat them as I am attempting to diet and, within a few hours, they had been replaced by a second fruit basket. All too often, evening turndown is offered at a ludicrously early time but here it happened each evening while I was at dinner - perfect! If I had to single out one member of staff, it would be Basher (IRD) who was helpful and unfailingly polite.

I cannot recall another Starwood hotel in the past couple of years that has offered me this level of dedicated attention and, for me, it ranks globally in my top five hotels. Should I be back in Amman, I cannot imagine anywhere else that I would stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SheratonAdmn, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear SPGglobal,

Thank you… Two tiny words would not reflect on our appreciation to your time spent in writing about us on the Trip Advisor, or reflects on our happiness upon reading your beautiful feedback about our product and services provided. Basher was greatly delighted when he read his name on the review.

All of us are very happy and simply you made our day!

Please come back soon, we are waiting for you.

Once again, Thank you,

washington, dc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

I go to Amman a lot for work and I've stayed in many hotels there. This is, by far, my favorite. The lobby is quaint, the staff try to accommodate and the rooms are nice and clean. I also like their fitness center. Location-wise, it's a good central location and taxis are abundant.

Breakfast is also good.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SheratonAdmn, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear blueroose,
Thank you very much for your beautiful review posted on the Trip Advisor. All of us are very happy that we're your favorite hotel in Amman, and we promise you, we will continue to be so always.
Please come back soon, we are waiting for you!
Richmond
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed here for 15 nights over a three-week period so got a pretty good feel for the place.

Staff are professional and friendly; and since i stayed for an extended period of time, people started recognizing me and engaging in chit chat. They all got a kick out of my attempts to speak some Arabic and helped me learn some new words and expressions.

The food is excellent (though perhaps a bit salty); the breakfast buffet is enormous and delicious. The "Arabic Sweets" are awesome - now that i am back home, i find i am missing them like you wouldn't believe.

My only complaint is the relatively superficial cleaning - i would say they straighten up and wipe down some surfaces, but they don't really clean - the bathroom smells a bit musty/moldy/mildewy. I think the bathrooms would benefit from the use of more disinfectant.

A few nice touches: they offer a fresh glass of OJ at check-in; SPG members get a newspaper every morning; coffee/tea in the room with two free bottles of water a day; mini-bar; for $5JOD taxi money, they will go to the bank and exchange USD for JOD for you.

My only complaint: I was there were public non-smoking areas!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street, otherwise the traffic can be quite noisy
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Doreesey_pooh,
Thank you very much for your time spent in writing about your experience with us on Trip Advisor. We are very glad to read that we managed to satisfy you in almost every service outlet throughout your 15 nights staying with us.
Your comment about your room cleanliness is understandable and it was shared with people concerned on the spot.
All of us are waiting for your next stay with us, hopefully soon.
Best Regards,
Amman, Jordan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

It's a great hotel every thing is perfect here, this time room service for breakfast is amazing, I'm glad to see a new menu for inroom dinning I look for trying it next time as soon as possible ......... Briefly: Sheraton make me happy

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Motaz1
SheratonAdmn, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Motaz1,

Thank you for your time spent in writing about your perfect stay with us on Trip Advisor. Your feedback has delighted all of us especially the F&B team who were very excited to know that they managed to amaze you with the breakfast services and with the new IRD menu!

Simply and briefly, you made us happy too :-)

Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stayed one night at the Sheraton Amman, in what was apparently a club room. This did not include the spacious shower mentioned by other guests; perhaps this is because I was on a non-smoking floor. When I went to the club lounge for a drink and a snack with a friend not staying at the hotel before we headed out for dinner, I was rudely questioned as to the status of this person and whether she was sharing my room. Not prepared to be interrogated this way even in the Middle East, we walked out. Since the room was a king room and my booking included breakfast for two, I cannot see what possible reason there was for this inquisition. Laughably enough, I was then charged for my single breakfast the next morning. I have stayed at many Starwood hotels worldwide - this is by far the worst service I have ever encountered and I shall not return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DrStoat
SheratonAdmn, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear Sean M,
Thank you for your time spent in writing about your experience with us on Trip Advisor. Your comment about the Club Lounge staff attitude is understandable, and I fully agree with you that there should be a better way and time in addressing their inquiries to the guests! We will revisit the service processes and will fix accordingly.
We apologize for the unpleasant experience you had with us and we hope that you will grant us another chance as we definitely can do a lot better than what you have encountered.
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

The rooms are amongst the biggest in the Middle East and the bathroom's separate shower stall is ideal when coming back from 8 hours of being a tourist. The breakfast offered is great and when in stock they serve a mean rib eye for dinner,Although the Italian restaurant is enjoyable , you are in Jordan so enjoy local cuisine (basically Lebanese) and explore dining options outside the hotel.. Do check out the Sanctuary as it is everything the name implies.The hotel is not very central but taxis are cheap and safe.

Room Tip: The Tower rooms are huge and have excellent bathrooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SheratonAdmn, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear veryfrequentravel,
Thank you very much for your beautiful review posted on the Trip Advisor. All of us are extremely happy reading your positive comments about our spacious rooms, breakfast rich offerings and of course our outdoor Sanctuary Lounge.
We hope you will come back soon to experience our newly renovated main restaurant the “Spice Garden” with its life cooking stations which is planed to re-open this November! You will love it, that’s a promise!