“Great hotel experience”

Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel
Ranked #16 of 148 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed March 9, 2008

I was in Amman for a week and had a great experience at the Sheraton. The room, on a non-smoking floor, was nice -- regular size but well maintained and cleaned promptly every day. The lobby is very open and spacious and is a meeting place for both people staying in the hotel and locals. Their are several stores on site which have decent merchandise. I did not go to the gym or spa so can't coment on that. The food we had at the conference was good and was always on schedule and the food at the Spice Garden cafe was very good. The service was noticeably good and the staff seemd quite eager to get you anything you needed. Hertz has a counter at the hotel and you can arrange to have someone take you around the city for a couple of hours (30 JD) or to Petra for the day (135 JD) -- probably could get the Petra trip cheaper but the drivers usually speak decent English and the car was a BMW 500 series so it was worth the little extra. Security is tight because of recent (2005?) suicide bombing attacks on western hotels but not intrusive -- a guard at the entrance of the driveway and a metal detector and pat down when you enter the hotel. I would recommend the hotel to anyone traveling to Amman and will stay there again if I get the chance.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Arnospel
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Amman Al Nabil Hotel

Reviewed February 28, 2008

I am a regular Sheraton guest and travel worldwide with my job. I stayed in a Club room 2 weeks ago. Liked the Club lounge, the gym and pool but had well over 1000 dollars stolen out of my room whilst I was there. The money was in my closed briefcase, which was in a cupboard. The only people who could have stolen the money were those with access to the room . I only discovered the loss when I had left the country. The management were very sympathetic when I reported the loss but the money had gone and there is perhaps a light fingered employee still there. So put all your valuables in the safe but most of the people there are very friendly. Dont let one bad apple spoil it all

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank chunky1950
Reviewed February 25, 2008

I have stayed at this hotel several times during my visits to Jordan, and it has always been a pleasant experience.
The facilities are good, restaurants of a high standard, and location is pretty central.
The gym is modern and the indoor and outdoor pools are also of a good size and standard.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank baliblue
Reviewed December 12, 2007

I don't know what the problem was, but the management was terribly unresponsive to our repeated complaints about noise in the next room, and then some Sheraton employee at the gym said something quite insulting about my weight and how I should be embarrassed to be in the gym. I told the management, it was like they didn't care. The assistant manager said I had to understand it was an Islamic society and so some patrons perhaps complained. About what? What's Islam got to do with your staff insulting me? It's not like I'm that large (5'10'' 220 pounds). I guess you can always find a jerk somewhere, but the fact that the management did nothing really upset me. Not going back.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Harithmahmoud
Reviewed October 26, 2007

Sheraton is great - location is fine as Amman is not really a 'downtown' kind of city and you will prob be taking day trips out of city anyway. We hired a car and it was easy to find and access.

Club Room first time there and then towers room second stay at end of trip. Both rooms were fine in fact club room was just as good as Towers Room but lacked the balcony of the Towers room.

We stayed in room overlooking street - which was our preference so you can look out on the action. And you certainly cant hear anything when u close the door/windows.

Bar in lobby is quite busy which is nice to give some atmosphere and grab a drink before going out to eat. Breakfast was really good.

Pool area is also nice and the entire gym/pool/steam etc.. was very high standard.

Staff were all great, and no probs with English at all. Check in a breeze and very friendly. Compared to many hotels you find in Middle east this one is right up there in standard, service and rooms.

• Stayed: October 2007
2  Thank gbk
Reviewed July 22, 2007

What a great hotel.
Fast efficient check-in.
Tower room was great, good WIFI, a good working area, very nice bed, and a large bathroom, plus a balcony. All very clean, quiet and all working.
Breakfast had a wide buffet selection, even bacon and pork sausages!
Room service, fast and good, with a reassuring, "wonderful selection" after every course ordered.
Bar area was great, good selection of people and drinks.
Service was very attentive.
With a tower room you get a complimentary butler, who was very good at explaining what he did, but I didn't seem him ever again...
So apart from a missing butler, all very good.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank Viking8
Reviewed May 21, 2007

Location - The Sheraton is located directly across the road from the Four Season Hotel. It's a short taxi ride into Downtown.

Arrival –
We arrived late 4.30am due to our plane leaving Bangkok at midnight. To our disappointment ,we found we had genuinely made a BIG mistake on our booking. We had booked our room for the previous day, and were told our Starwood Preferred guest room was now not available, and we were allocated to the first floor.

(there are security guards and soldiers with a full security check before entering the hotel.)

Room – 136
Our first impression was disappointment , to us it was just your normal average hotel room. The room consisted of a king size bed, two side tables, large working desk , tea and coffee facilities, and mini bar. Our view from the room was looking at the Four Season Hotel and the highway.

Bathroom –
The bathroom was very ordinary with a shower over the bath tub a small vanity unit with a good make-up mirror. Toiletries were sufficient..(but have seen better from a Sheraton).

Room Service –
My pet hate in a hotel is when your room is not made up when you arrive back from a day’s journey. I rang house-keeping at 4.30pm and asked them to clean it up immediately. They arrived in a flash but to me the damage had already been done, so I just asked for some fresh towels.

Food –
Another pet hate of mine, is when you are in a different county and you want to taste their food and they have NONE on offer. The hotel had 3 restaurants , Italian, Thai and a Arabic but the last was closed, so we ended up eating in the Italian Restaurant which was okay but with a tiny menu. Breakfast was excellent with a good selection with a chef who cooked your eggs. TIP: Eat outside.

Pools –
The pool area was fantastic with a large DEEP swimming pool with plenty of decks chairs and umbrellas. The pool service was efficient although slightly slow. There is also an excellent lap indoor swimming pool and two gyms with modern equipment.

Transport –
It costs around 20 dinars to the hotel from the airport by taxi. There is little public transport available and most people just use taxi’s as petrol is VERY cheap in Amman.

Tours –
You can organize tours from the hotel, but most guests seem to hire a car to visit the sights. Most of the sights are outside of Amman, the Dead Sea being 45 minutes away, Petra – 3hrs, Jerash – 35 mins. info@rumtravel.com

We found the locals to be lovely friendly people and felt completely safe in Amman.

Overall –
I was looking forward to visiting this hotel and was disappointed on our booking. (our fault) however, being Starwood members we were not even offered their complementary free breakfast on the fifth floor.

The swimming pool is the best thing about this hotel and I would stay here again for this reason alone. Next time, I will ask for a room overlooking the pool with a balcony (TIP). Sheraton Tower rooms looked fabulous but they come with a heavy price tag.

I have given this hotel a 4 star rating for – poor housekeeping, lack of acknowledgment as Starwood members, and offering NO Arabic food. However, I will give it another go.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business