“trip will not be forgotten”
Review of Le Meridien Amman

Le Meridien Amman
Ranked #6 of 144 Hotels in Amman
LONDON
“trip will not be forgotten”
Reviewed March 12, 2010

This is a beautifully located and well managed hotel. we pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of its facilities and the friendliness of the staff. The concierge services were efficient and we enjoyed their spacious and clean rooms. You must try benihana restaurant the food and services unbelievably excellent. The staff very professional and respond quickly to requests.Manager there was very polite he treated us very well .There is a nice gym with sufficient equipment ,The hotel was easy to reach and we felt safe throughout the stay. We are considering to return next year.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank CITY10
LeMeridienAmman, PR Manager at Le Meridien Amman, responded to this review, April 28, 2010
Dear Guest,

We read your review about the hotel and about our famous Japanese restaurant Benihana. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your time at Le Meridien Amman and the food. I will make sure I personally thank the staff and the restaurant manager Nasser on you behalf!

We hope to see you again next year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed March 9, 2010

I don’t understand how they can be considered a 5 stars hotel.
Let me explain beginning by the pros:
- The rooms were of good size as well as the bathroom although the marble could use some polishing.
- We had 2 dinners in each restaurant: the Lebanese and Enzo the Italian, The food was very good and the service was incredible!
The cons:
- The front entrance was 10 steps above the elevator hall (strange architecture for a hotel). So you had to depend completely on the bellmen for your luggage, but they were often not around.
- I understand that for security reasons one must get in and out of the hotel through a security check entrance, but it was smoky and stinky from all the cigarettes smoked by the guards in this closed area.
- The concierges and registration desk staff were very unpleasant, almost rude.
- The closet sliding doors in the room didn’t slide.
- Housekeeping was negligent: never washed the used glasses and forgot to replace towels.
- All the pillows were lumpy.
- The wine at the Benihana restaurant was somewhat sour, so we asked the manager to taste it to confirm, but even then they charged it in the bill.
- Etc., etc.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FromSaoPaulo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review of our hotel. We are very happy to read about your stay here with us at Le Meridien Amman.

I noted your comments about the security, front office, and housekeeping. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. As a management team, we would like to ensure you that we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, please send us an email to
pr@lemeridien-amman.com so we may address it with you directly.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 27, 2010

This stunning hotel is apparently the largest in Amman. Even if it isn't, it's huge with two seperate wings connected by a huge lobby beautifully docorated in natural stone, chandeliers and good lighting. The facilities are amazing including two pools, restaurants, piano bar, shops and bank - all on site. Rooms are very attractive and comfortable with possibly the nicest bathroom I've ever had in a hotel. The concierge was very helpful, friendly and enthusiastic and helped with the Petra arrangements. The health club receptionist and a pool attendant were equally pleasant and added to my enjoyment of the great facilities.

Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
LeMeridienAmman, Public Relations Manager at Le Meridien Amman, responded to this review, May 11, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments.
It is true, Le Meridien Amman is the largest hotel in AMMAN!
We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at le Meridien Amman. Our goal is to provide you with a great experience that is memorable.

I am glad you enjoyed the facilities and look forward to welcoming you again soon!
Laurel, Maryland
Reviewed February 26, 2010

I stayed for two nights at Le Meridien Amman (LMA) in late February. Having stayed -- mostly very enjoyable -- at other LM hotels around the world, I had fairly high expectations for LMA. They were not met; in most cases, not even close.

The average-to-poor service of LMA staff started with my late-night check-in, during which I was told I had two reservations: true enough; I'd initially booked my LMA stay via Expedia, only to find that I was able to get a better (government) rate directly via the LM website (which I booked, after canceling the Expedia booking. After A reception clerk told me that I'd be liable for both bookings unless LMA had confirmation of the Expedia cancellation, a manager and my friend assured me that since the Expedia booking had been prepaid, I couldn't be double-charged. Fair enough. Just to be sure, I called Expedia on Skype, and their rep. promptly called the LMA to assure them of the cancellation.

After this less-than-felicitous start to my stay, the rest was a very mixed bag.

I had a Royal Club room, which was as large as promised but otherwise unremarkable. The decor was old -- although a housekeeping manager later told me the rooms had recently been renovated -- with rather cheap-looking brown-wood and dull brass furnishings. The bathroom was large and fairly nicely done in marble and cream tile, but the shower/tub combo and flimsy, gauzy shower curtain said "Ibis" rather than "5-star". The amenities were good, though. The bed, a king, was very comfortable and luxuriously fitted; very comfortable.

Front-desk and concierge staff varied widely in their knowledge and helpfulness. I'd asked staff to reconfirm my return flight; the staffer even made a photo copy of my boarding pass. When I asked the status of the task the following day, the staff on duty knew nothing and advised me that I should've made my request to the business center. A concierge made another copy and assured me he'd personally see to it -- but then suggested I check again the following morning with the biz center. When I did that, the center staff at least had the photocopy of my boarding pass, but with a note that said something about buying a return ticket. I again explained that my request was a simple reconfirmation of my existing return flight. He called the airline and quickly received the reconfirmation, apologizing for his colleagues' misunderstanding (but only after suggesting that I'd made an incorrect request). All's well that ends well, but it was a minor disappointment to have to spend so much time and effort on something that should be a 30-second task for any hotel staffer.

Food: I've always found the food at LM hotels to be very good; LMA disappointed on this score. Breakfast, which was included in my room rate, was offered at two different restaurants: Cosmo and La Brasserie. I tried Cosmo the first morning; the a la carte items were excellent (although they only had two of the six items listed), and the buffet items -- you guessed it -- varied widely in quality, with breads and pastries being excellent, and fruits and salad items being just OK. Service was very good, but I was one of only two diners in the beautiful and very quiet restaurant. Breakfast at La Brasserie was not as good: average buffet, decent made-to-order omelettes, good pastries, excellent (Illy) coffees, but everything else again just so-so. Despite a large number of waiters on duty, service was passive, and I had to ask for everything. I tried room service once; the result was a bland pizza (I've had better frozen pizza) and a can of Amstel beer -- not even a glass. (Fortunately, I had one in the room.) Again, not much a credit to LM's food or service reputation.

One of the few high points of my stay was a excellent sports massage at the LMA's spa. The heated indoor swimming pool (there's also a seasonal outdoor pool) was quite nice. The spa facilities -- showers, sauna, steamroom -- were good but showing their age and not completely clean.

Internet -- wired only; no wifi -- was also included in my room rate, and it worked just fine: not blazing fast, but quick enough. Wifi was available, however, in the hotel lobby.

Housekeeping service was alright, but rather minimalistic: standard room cleaning and freshening during the day, but no turndown service in the evening, and the staff didn't even bother to replace my solitary 50-cent bottle of local "complimentary" drinking water.

All in all, my stay at LMA was OK, but I was underwhelmed and would not stay again unless I were to find a heavily discounted rate.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 29, 2010

We stayed 2 nights at the Le Meridien Amman on a Starwood points and cash rate. We did not get breakfast with our stay and was disappointed since based on my status, other Sheratons have given us complimentary breakfast even on points and cash rates. Our room was large and comfortable. The bathroom was also a good size. After our first night at the hotel, we discovered water was leaking from the next room. I called the front desk and someone came right away to investigate. We left for the day to sightsee and by the time we came back, the wet carpet was dried out. We did not have any issues after that. The one complaint I did have was the staff at the front desk. Since I was a woman, it felt as if they did not want to talk to me. Whenever my spouse stood next to me and I asked a question, they would direct the answer to him. I found this odd. And also it was hard breaking large bills at the front desk into smaller bills even though I could clearly see they had enough small bills to give me. They were small things that made me feel like the service was just average. I cannot say much about the location because we did not eat outside the hotel and we were on a private tour and had someone pick us up and drop us off every day. But the restaurant choices in the hotel was adequate. There were a few restaurants to choose from.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Oz
Reviewed January 27, 2010

During my recent trip to Amman, I stayed in Le Meridien. I was given a large woom with king-size bed. It's such a great place to stay. The staff there are so friendly and helpful.
Buffet breakfasts & dinners are excellent with great choices. Great atmosphere for couples

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank IshahOz
Albury, Australia
Reviewed January 25, 2010

We only stayed one night. What a huge place, very typical of a five star hotel, room was huge and lush etc. . Service and bar area was excellent but would not recommend the buffet dinner in the restaurant, the food was very ordinary, restaurant was crowded and it felt not much better than a local "eat all you can swill" venue.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple