Overall OK. Staff faultless, but was disappointed in a couple of respects.
1. Was certain wifi was included in the (Club) room rate but apparently not! That said, on occasions, there wasn't even a signal in my room, so the benefit of wifi may be somewhat limited. I stay about 95 nights a year in hotels and being charged for Wifi is my biggest beef. This is a 5* hotel and absolutely should include wifi at least in the Club rooms or lobby
2. As others have commented, the rooms and furnishings are dated and minor maintenance is required (shower head sprayed everywhere for example), window almost impossible to open and room temp was too cold despite best attempts to increase it
Lobby area wonderfully impressive, gym was fine (but crowded around 20.00), plenty of choices for breakfast and as noted, charming and attentive staff at all points of contact.
Am returning as client gets a corp rate at le Merridien (though no cheaper than via here it seemed!), but would prefer a hotel with comp wifi and less dated rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien Amman is located in the centre of Amman and is a walk away from the Citadel, Roman Theatre, and many malls and shopping areas. The health club includes sauna and steam rooms, massage and facial treatments and indoor/outdoor pools. The hotel has numerous restaurants offering Japanese, Chinese, Italian, Lebanese cuisine, in addition to a steak house. World-class conference facilities include the Royal Convention Centre, which accommodates 1,200 guests and features the latest audiovisual equipment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Meridien Amman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Amman Hotel Amman
- Amman Le Meridien