“Excellent Business Stay”

Le Grand Amman Managed By AccorHotels
Ranked #7 of 151 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I had a week-long stay for business at Le Meridien recently, and would stay here again. The hotel is spacious and comfortable, with polite staff and great amenities. The gym and pool were really excellent, and I enjoyed the outdoor jacuzzi and steam room on several evenings. The rooms are slightly dated, but comfortable and clean nonetheless. The conference rooms are very good, and the buffet breakfast was noteworthy- an excellent blend of middle eastern and western cuisine. I would also note that Al Mukhtar, the Lebanese restaurant in the hotel, was simply stellar. We ate there several times, and enjoyed shisha on the outdoor terrace- they had a live oud player one evening as well, which was a lovely touch. The Hercules temple and other historic sites were only a short cab ride away, so the location was also very good for some sightseeing. My husband took a day-trip to the Dead Sea arranged through the hotel and enjoyed it very much. Would recommend this hotel for business or pleasure!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,269)

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Le Meridien lives up to its 5 stars on an international level. All facilities (swimming pool, gym. Spa, etc.) are excellent. The rooms are spacious and well equiped. The hotel has some rooms that do not have heating. We recommend to check for this in case you stay there in winter.

Room Tip: Check if heating is available.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I had booked a night at this hotel through Expedia. The advertisement explicitly stated that the room package I had bought came with complimentary internet. This turned out to be a mistake (I think from what the hotel had posted on Expedia).

At checkout, I pointed out that I should not be charged for the internet. The front desk manager, Saleh, recognized the mistake on the Expedia advertisement and adjudicated fairly, refunding my fee back. He, and the rest of the lobby staff were truly professional, polite, and wanting to help whatever need i had; exactly what a guest hopes for in a 5 star hotel.
No staff and every detail can be perfect, but the attitude and response can be and that's exactly what I found here. They are great representatives of the country of Jordan, as I had only brief contact with this country.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 31, 2012

staied in the hotel from 26 DEC till 29 th. Booked a club room and was given in the old building. Could not sleep because the room had no COLD AC only heater and the room was so hot.i complained and was given a suite in the new building, and now there is no heating only cold air,the room was so cold. Will never stay in this hotel, 5 star hotel and no normal AC with hot and cold.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We spent 2 nights here and were really impressed! It is a fantastic value, the roof deck is incredible, and the staff do a great job (it even felt like there were more staff than guests!). It has great views and is the nicest place we stayed while in Jordan (for the same price point elsewhere).

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I recently stayed at Le Meridien for a total of four nights broken up over the course of a week. During my first stay, I had a decent room which was clean but the heat wasn't working. They brought up a heater but it wasn't enough to heat the room, so they brought up another one. The staff was friendly, the shower was hot with good water pressure. Wireless Internet was pretty slow. I got the Beijing Duck at the Chinese restaurant in the hotel which was a little small but quite good. It was a nice change from Hummus and Pita.

During my second stay, they had noted that the heat wasn't working the first time so they sent me to the North Tower which was a much nicer, bigger room with a large bathroom and very long countertop. Everything was working great and it was clean. The staff was just as friendly during the second stay. I tried the Italian restaurant in the hotel. The food looked good but was fairly bland. Adding salt and pepper to both dishes helped a lot.

Overall, I had an enjoyable experience both times.

Room Tip: The room I got in the North Tower seemed renovated. It was definitely nicer than the one in the oth...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Ziad_Fostuq, Director of Sales at Le Grand Amman Managed By AccorHotels, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Your comments regarding the staff and overall stay are highly appreciated, and were shared with the team. We apologize however of the shortcoming regarding the heating system.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and will be delighted of being of service to you.

Regards,

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We were invited by our friends to dine at the China Town Chinese Restaurant of Le Meridien in Amman. The joy and satisfaction we experienced exceeded our expectations. The food was superb, delicious and authentic. The place was cozy. It's not only good for family gatherings, get togethers but for dating couples as well. To top them all was the very friendly and courteous staff who happily served us. The Chef even went out of his way by going out of the kitchen to check if everything was ok. We would surely go back to this restaurant for our dinners, celebrations and to bring our friends who would like to savor genuine Chinese food. Also, I will endorse this restaurant to my friends here in Amman and those visiting us from the Philippines.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review. Your comments regarding your experience at the China Town Restaurant are highly appreciated, and we have proudly shared your report with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and delighted of being of service to you.

Regards,