“Good food, friendly staff, nice ambiance”
Review of Le Meridien Amman

Le Meridien Amman
Ranked #5 of 149 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

I stayed 10 days for a conference. The food is nice especially for lunch but breakfast lacks variety especially for foreigners. The hotel is close to Jabal Hussein, its just walking distance which makes shopping all the more fun while in Amman. Taxis are available 7/24 just waiting for you as you come out from the hotel. There is security check immediately as you enter the hotel which may be cumbersome but make you feels safe at the same time. A bit too pricely but i will stay here again mext time

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Dzie
Ziad_Fostuq, Director of Sales at Le Meridien Amman, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review. Your comments regarding the overall stay are highly appreciated, and we have proudly shared your report with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and delighted of being of service to you.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Our group arrived to the hotel very late at night. We were exhausted from our trip from the U.S. and were surprised and grateful that the hotel restaurant employees stayed very late so that we could eat dinner. It was 2am when we arrived and the employees greeted us with smiles and excellent service. The room was spacious and comfortable, including a spacious bathroom. The hotel lobby is beautiful. I did encounter an issue at the hotel related to my SPG status. I recently became SPG Platinum again, though my card is an SPG Gold card. I showed the card to the front desk in order to get free wifi and the front desk employee told me that it was not an SPG Gold card. He said my profile showed that I did not have any SPG status. I explained that I am SPG Lifetime Gold. Although I wasn't able to resolve the issue in person, I resolved it with the hotel after I departed. If I am in Amman again, I will definitely return to Le Meridien

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank essenceofcapri

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review. Your comments regarding the staff and overall stay including the restaurant experience are highly appreciated, and we have proudly shared your report with the management team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Amman soon and delighted of being of service to you.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I guess my header sets the tone when I say that the Le Meridian in Amman has clearly seen better days. It's a rather old hotel, with nice staff but rooms and most of their restaurants are certainly not up to scratch.
As for the rooms, my colleague and my bathroom where both really dirty with hair in both sinks, the mattress is ok but bed sheets are a bit rough- I have certainly seen better at five star hotels in Amman. The tv selection is also limited and if you have a room facing the main road in the back of the hotel, good luck with keeping your windows open over night.
In terms if the restaurants, the lebanese and the Benihana are ok (the Benihana in Dubai is still better though), but avoid going for the Chinese restaurant. We were told that the restaurant is average but since my colleagues and fancied Chinese we thought we could give it a go. A bid mistake!!! The service was slow and the food is not even of a one star standard- dumplings were try, the soups had no flavour and the main courses could have been from the take away place from around the corner. All of us suffered from the food at that night.
On the positive side, we organised an event there which was handled very professionally with a new setup for the event. I must say that I generally am a supporter of the Le Meridian hotel chain, but this definitely excludes the one in Amman.

Room Tip: Don't take the rooms facing the main road.
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Was in Jordan for business. Found the hotel a very professional environment. Large with several restaurant choices. lebanese restaurant was very good. Breakfasts were included and satisfying with yogurt and fruit and granola, eggs, pastries, good coffee. Free wifi in rooms. Entry area and security were separate enough from main lobby to feel safe inside. Room amenities were as one might expect but not exceptional. Some rooms had issues with plumbing (shower diverter didnt work and needed to be fixed, shower didnt get hot enough) and some rooms smelled like cigarette smoke even tho they were nonsmoking. Staff was generally very kind if not effusive. Restaurant staffs were terrific. Location is good for business and a 5 dinar cab ride from the roman amphitheatre and old downtown shops. Overall i would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Ziad_Fostuq, Director of Sales at Le Meridien Amman, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for very much for your kind comments about the hotel in general and various facilities and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

We have passed your feedback to the concerned departments with regards to the cigarrette smoke and will surely look into.

Thanks again and we will be looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,

Management Team

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed there for 5 nights on a business trip. From start to finish the staff were excellent and couldnt do enough for me. An elegant lobby and attentive front of house staff. Well appointed restaurants and bars with excellent choice of food. My room was spacious, spotless and well appointed. Even when I had a problem with WiFi the IT guy came immediately and spent as long as it took to resolve.

All in all a very good hotel. Well worth a visit.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your sharing your valuable comments with us. Your notes regarding the staff and overall stay are highly appreciated, which we have proudly shared with our associates.

The Hotel Management

Reviewed November 7, 2012

i booked two rooms for my VIP guests, for 3 nights, the feedback was simply excellent.
Food, service and staff was very good, we were welcomed by one of the sales staff (Mr Fadi Samaan) who was very welcoming. rooms givin by the sales guy were the best choice to spoil my VIP guests. this hotel is your best choice to provide the best quality of high end staying in amman.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review. Your comments regarding the staff and overall stay are highly appreciated, and we have proudly shared your report with the team and relayed your message to our sales team as well.

The Hotel Management

Reviewed November 5, 2012

stayed there for 3 nights and found it to be
-good comfort and service
- excellent food
- flexible staff regarding room change

and always trying to be helpful

did not experience any delay or '' cannot ''

Room Tip: executive level gives you good options for easy snacks instead of hanging in the lobby
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business