“Average but better than some!”
Review of Amman Cham Palace

Amman Cham Palace
Ranked #68 of 145 Hotels in Amman
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Average but better than some!”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

The hotel was booked as part of a total Jordon travel deal and we were "upgraded" to this hotel as there had been complaints about the one they used to deal with. If any one pays the quoted J$140 for a room they would be very disappointed but I suspect the real rate paid is a lot less.
The rooms are spacious and clean and well furnished. The sheets are a little small for the size of bed and the towels rather threadbare but other than this, the room was very comfortable.
We received good and friendly service. Breakfast has a lot of different things on offer but fairly basic and No Fruit. (Go across to supermarket on opposite side of road to get fruit). However by choosing carefully, you can have a full filling breakfast.
We only ate once in the restaurant for dinner and did not have the set buffet meal. This throws them as they have to prepare from the menu offered and we had to wait over 1/2 hour for soup (luke warm) and bolognaise to arrive. Good portions and OK.
Although other reviews have said about "out of town", this is no problem as taxis will take you anywhere in about 10 minutes. Yes, the rate quoted is always J$5 but J$3 will be accepted if you say you will take another taxi and it will get you to all the popular sites such as downtown. It is set in the financial district of Jordon and hence upmarket houses around with lots of banks available for ATM's. Felt very safe walking around at night.
All in all, this hotel was a lot better than the one originally offered and we had no real complaints other that the points highlighted above. A good average hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rayperu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Giza, Egypt
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Rooms are clean and spacious but for business travelers be ware
1. No WiFi in the rooms
2. Internet is paid and ridiculously expensive
3. As it just happens even the 3G signal from Zain was very week in my room and most areas in the hotel so brace yourself for the 90s
4. In the breakfast which was included there is no water, I actually had to pay extra to get a bottle of water
5. The location is away from the main streets so getting a Taxi may be tricky some times
6. Seems the Do Not Disturb sign has no value, I left my stuff in a certain order and left the DND sign and returned to find everything gathered on the table

Alternatives: Many but my favorite was Ibis, it's cheaper with very fast Internet (I sat in the their cafe and had coffee to get work done) and next to a shopping mall and busy streets

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank hnawar

Travelers are raving about these Amman hotels

Panjim, India
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Was looking after a Group in Jordan and stayed at Amman Cham Palace in Amman from the 09th - 11th Aug'13. Contrary to what I had read on Trip Advisor about the hotel, my Agents in Jordan - Apollo Tours did assure me that all would be well, and yes it sure was. The rooms at the Hotels are spacious, clean and well furnished. Linen and upholstery in the rooms are well maintained. Bathrooms also well equipped with toiletries and a hair dryer. The safety Deposit box in the room is a great help. The Rooms do open out onto a Balcony, so a bit of Fresh Air helps. Food at the hotel was also good, although not much of a spread for the main course, but the choice of Salads and Desserts make up for it. We did request for Indian meals for our Group, the hotel did falter on the first day, but once we explained our requirement, the F&B Department was spot on to see that we we well looked after. Location - a bit out of Town, but then it also gives you the peaceful feeling of being away from all the traffic and noise. A Coffee Shop and Pizzeria opposite the hotel is a great help for that in between snack . A small mini mart located opposite the hotel takes care of some of your basic needs. We did have a Conference for half a day at their Conference Hall located opposite the Swimming Pool, which pleased all. Local Taxis are easily available just outside the Hotel in case you need to get into Town. Service by the hotel staff at Reception and Bell Desk was also upto the mark and very obliging. Avoid the Business Centre, the Internet does not work too well. WiFi is charged, but the speed being very slow, would give it a miss. On the whole, cannot see any reason not to stay at the hotel on my next visit.......If you are used to sleeping on fluffy soft Pillows, ask Housekeeping for the same as the ones provided in the rooms are like Pan Cakes.....

Room Tip: Most rooms on the higher Floors give you a better view
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank AMRHoliday
winnipeg
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights in early August 2013 and had a great stay. A nice clean hotel with comfortable rooms and great views of the city. We were treated very well by the staff and the food in the resteraunt s was quite good. The location is a little distant from downtown, but with such inexpensive taxi's ( 3 Dinars in rush hour from the market) it does not matter. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank croodb
Mumbai, India
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed overnight from 26th April, 2013. We enjoyed the stay, the excellent food and hospitality. The rooms and amenities were clean and maintained well which made our stay very enjoyable. Sadly no free WiFi. Amman Chan Palace is indeed Value for the money

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed May 6, 2013

i stayed with my wife in this hotel for two nights. on 19th& 20th april 2013. The hotel is average . It was arranged by a tour company , hence i do not have any idea how much i paid for this hotel. But it fulfills all basic requirements . Buffet Lunch & dinner was ok . taste was not so good compare to the resutaurent in amman where we get really delicious food,

Room Tip: no tips, all double room has balcony
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I was at this hotel with a group of people. Firstly I was informed that no wifi available in the whole
hotel unless one will pay for it.That I could understand. There were no bottles of water in the rooms
at all. That I could also undersatnd. The last straw was when at dinner time in the dinning room ,
my group was not even given water..can you imagine. I was told that we had to pay for water.
My group decided that drinking the soup will be enough. I have been to Jordan many times and
all hotels provide, even Petra hotels do provide drinking water in their rooms as well as in the dinning
area.At the end of the day I had to call my local operator to instruct them to give me drinking water or
I will have to purchase a 500ml bottle for USD 4.This I cannot understand.

I will not put my groups in this hotel as there are plenty more good and reliable hotels in Jordan.
The hotel should take this as a constructive feedback and review the standard of their hotel.

Room Tip: Choose higher floors .
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends