“BEYOND EXPECTATIONS”

Amman Marriott Hotel
Ranked #11 of 150 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed January 18, 2010

My wife and I were in Amman during Thanksgiving--on tour. I don't know what I expected, but it wasn't this wonderful hotel.....All was well above average. We felt welcome, safe, and cared for.....could not have asked for more.....Beautiful hotel in a beautiful city....greatly enjoyed out time there.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 13, 2010

My wife and I stayed at Marriot Amman from Dec-26th to Dec-29th and then from Dec-30th to Jan-2nd (with a quick trip to wonderful Petra inbetween).
Our original reservation rate included buffet breakfast + transportation package from or to the International Airport (which we never used, as I had rented a car). At our first check-in, we were offered a room upgrade to executive floor: for JOD 11.00 extra/night, we would have a bigger room, free Internet and access to executive lounge. It seemed to be a good idea and we accepted it - we had our breakfast everyday at the main restaurant, accessed the Internet, etc. Everything worked nice and we decided to go for the same upgrade during our second stay. Surprisingly, this time I was not entitled to breakfast at the main restaurant, but only at the business louge, where there were a lot less options and the breakfast was pretty unatractive. And I only found out about this after having had the first breakfast at the restaurant, where I was "charged" by the meal! After explaining the upgrad to the restaurant staff, the breakfast wasn't charged, but the same occured on the following morning.
I've also found out that I was not entitled to the transportation to the airport anymore! And this time I was willing to use it, as my idea was to return the rental car in city center, and not at the airport.
Summarizng: that was not an upgrade, but a trade off.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2010

It was great stay during Christmass time. very clean & staff very friendly specially room boys & reception

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 6, 2010

This is an excellent hotel. The rooms are not overly large however they are extreamly well equiped with fantastic beds and an outstanding gym with both indoor and outdoor swimming pools. The service here was also outstanding. I arrived at 0445am after travelling for 17 hours and the hotel took special care of me, arranging for an early and swift check in. If I could name one dissapointment, I guess it would be the cost of the Wi-Fi. I can't remember the exact cost but I know it was very expensive. In a hotel of this standard I would think it should be included in the price.

The breakfast here is also very good with a broad selection of foods.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed December 29, 2009

We stayed at this hotel on two separate occasions this month. Both times in an Executive Room. The room was beautifully clean and recently renovated. The Executive Lounge was pleasant but manned by surly staff. Disappointingly, there is not free wireless internet access at the hotel. Only available for a costly JOD3 per 30 mins. Like many hotels throughout the region - the hotel is let down by poor staff service. Champions Sports Bar was our choice for an early evening meal (6pm'ish). It was disgustingly smokey in there. Not nice while eating. Curiously, we were told that our children were not welcome in the Executive Lounge on our second visit. Something about 'rules' that we escaped on the first visit. This is the first time I've met this rule at a Marriott. Not acceptable in my view if you've paid for an Executive Room and only told about the 'rule' at check-in. Access was reluctantly granted after much harassment on our part. I expect they were hoping we'd let it die and pay for the buffet breakfast. Just another typical Middle Eastern 5-star hotel experience. We used the indoor swimming pool, which was nice. We were reminded (more than once) that we had to vacate the pool before 5pm (no-kids zone after 5pm). We certainly got the feeling that they weren't family friendly. (Our youngest is 7 - so not exactly a noisy nor high maintenance family).

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 28, 2009

On a week long trip in Jordan we started with Amman and spent one night in this hotel.
It lacks charm, but Amman is like this.
Overall a very good international hotel. Lovely x-mas decoration and wellcoming staff. Rooms are quite and modern. Could be improved with separate wc from the bathroom.
Great breakfast buffet though without fresh juices.
Its cosiest bar is marketed as a Cigar and wine bar, so they refused to serve tea or herbal tea there. So all in all a good value accomodation though nothing extraordinary.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2009

When my family lived in Jordan during late 80's, this hotel was new. The hotel still remains at the same venue, and things are still well maintained. Rooms are well equipped in Marriott standards, but nothing extraordinary. View from the standard room has nothing to mention about. Library Resutaurant (Cigar Bar & Steaks) was good, with attentive waiters and quiet atmosphere. Front Desk and Business Center are efficient. It's not their fault, but location may not be suitable for tourists or first time visitors, as local entertainments are nowhere near walking distance (which I mean by within 10 Min. Walk). If all your requirement can be met within the hotel (without needing to go out), this hotel may be a choice. If local Amman entertainment is to be sought, Intercontinental or Hyatt may be better.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business