1,088 results
All reviewschampions barpiano loungecigar barplatinum memberitalian restaurantbreakfast buffethotel taxiexecutive floordead seaindoor poolpublic areasnon smokingmetal detectorfitness centerhealth clubpleasant stayhotel staff
Reviewed April 18, 2015

We stayed her for 3 nights at the end of a 3 week holiday. The staff and service were excellent, but the room, which was supposed to be executive/luxury, did not really live up to its description. It was spacious enough, but was a smoking room and the soft furnishing smelt strongly of stale smoke. The bathroom was in need to upgrading/refurbishment - with a bath that was badly stained and very grubby grouting around it. The room seemed to be set up for only one person with just one bath robe and slippers. But the staff were quick to bring another, when requested.

• Stayed: April 2015, traveled as a couple
Laith N, Director of Rooms Operations at Amman Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2015

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor

I would like to assure you that your valuable comments has been shared with the concerned Management team for further action. We truly apologize for any inconvenience and would like to ask you please to contact me directly for any future stays to make sure we take extra care of your stay.

Kind Regards
Laith Naber
laith.naber@marriott.com

Reviewed April 17, 2015

We stayed here for three nights as part of the Gate 1 trip to Jordan. This hotel was great. We had the meal package, and we ate at the Il Terrazo (I believe that was the name of the Italian restaurant) every night. The food was very good and cooked to anyone's specifications (I do not like spicy food, and the chef made the pasta not spicy). Sometimes the service was slow in this restaurant and in the Champions sports bar, but overall, we had a good experience. There is also happy hour at the bar starting at 6. The lobby is pretty with two staircases as well. The only issue we had was that when we checked in at around 1 AM, the only room left was a room for disabled people. It was a little tough to take a shower with the chair that was in there (plus there was no door or curtain, and the floor got soaked). I am not sure why this was the only room left because we had booked the trip months before, and we thought that there should have been another room reserved for us. They gave us the option of changing rooms for the remaining two nights, but we were tired and had tours the next few days, and we did not want to have to pack everything and bother with that after touring all day. Overall, I would stay here again for sure, but I would make sure that we had a room with a "real" shower. The staff is VERY nice also (the chef remembered us the next day!).

Room Tip: We had a view of the pool; I am not sure what other views there are. I would assume that the rooms on higher floors had a better view (we were on the 3rd floor).
  • Stayed: April 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 16, 2015

Amman is amazing and the hotel had decent facilities. The staff was helpful. Of the limited choices in Amman, this one is comparatively the good. The hotel is usually busy, given its only competitor might be Le Meridian, which is also close by.

Room Tip: Nothing specific
  • Stayed: October 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 15, 2015

I loved my stay in Marriott Amman. The room was huge, and the desk and office chair were perfect. I worked there for a few hours. Bed was comfortable too.

Loved it as well that there were a lot of complimentary teas daily. The breakfast was good with enough number of choices per day. The servers at the restaurant were very solicitous; they made sure none of the guests were wanting. Housekeeping was also very efficient in cleaning my room.

I just hated it that I had to pay JOD5 for the internet in my room. Still, it was fast so my 5-star rating remains.

Stayed: March 2015, traveled on business
Reviewed April 7, 2015

Arrived at 5pm told had to wait until 5.45 to check in busy. Outside pool not open too cold do not have heater . Asked for non smoking sent to smoking room pay for wifi !!!
Dreading another Marriott in Petra tomorrow . The poor man who took us to the room was trying so hard that I made a special point of saying how good he was when I spoke to the supervisor. The supervisor was very pleasant and apologised profusely for the short coming of his hotel and said he was surè I would be happy tomorrow - 6.40pm and I have. To ask again where the 3rd bed is yes I will be happy tomorrow I am leaving

Room Tip: Go to another hotel would not recommend this place to someone I cannot stand
  • Stayed: April 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank Onebusywoman
Laith N, Director of Rooms Operations at Amman Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2015

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor we appreciate your feedback.

We truly apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your check in. We are also thankful that our Front Office Manager and Duty Manager had the opportunity to meet you during your stay and act accordingly which enabled us to reflect the right image of our great service and attention to details.

We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.

Please feel free to contact me whenever your plans bring you back to Jordan to make sure we take extra care of your stay

Kind Regards