“Quality Hotel with Heavy Security”

Amman Marriott Hotel
Ranked #11 of 149 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Being my first time staying at a middle-eastern hotel, I didn't know what to expect until the driver arrived at the hotel parking lot. I must admit, it’s quite a sight seeing five or six vehicles lining up for security inspection. It took a while, but when we unloaded our luggage, we had to pass through another security post at the front entrance before reaching the front desk. Now this really tells me I’m in the Middle East, where security is taken seriously.

Since it was a one-day stopover tour of Jordan, I was already half-wasted from a long day at Petra. All I wanted was a clean and comfortable bed to collapse on. Fortunately, everything after the security point was a whisk, and I was in my room in no time. We had a living room area, dining table, bed chamber, and a nice-size bathroom equipped with a bidet (first time I’ve seen this device). The TV screen even has a personal message welcoming us to the hotel – though they got my last name wrong. Probably my only complaint here is that the height of the bathtub is too low – no chance to soak in a hot bath after a tiring day.

The lobby of the hotel is nice and big, with middle-eastern flavor décor. However, like standard Marriott hotels, free Wi-Fi is only available in the lobby area, so I had to sit here for a while to check my email and stuff.

Saw an outdoor swimming pool at the hotel, but I didn't get to use it during my stay.

I also had a chance to conduct a quick visit in the neighborhood with a map provided by the hotel. Word of advice: be careful when crossing the traffic circle near the hotel. The experience can get quite, um, adventurous.

Breakfast is as you’d expect from a quality hotel – with a selection of local food along with standard western variants. I got a bit too eager to try out some their local cuisines at breakfast; guess some of the heavy spicing didn't sit too well with my stomach (don’t get me wrong, my wife – who choose to remain with standard breakfast with bacon and omelet – was perfectly fine).

All in all, my short sojourn at Marriott Amman gave me a good impression of the hotel. Hopefully, next time I’d get more opportunity to explore the neighborhood and the city through a longer stay.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RCL_TPE
Laith N, Director at Amman Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and thank you for the nice detailed explanation, we are truly delighted that your stay with us was up to the standard and that you had a comfortable night of sleep.

We look forward to another opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Central, clean, very spacious rooms and fairly priced. The executive club on the 12th floor is excellent. Positive ambiance, WiFi and good food plus the staff offer to get something expecially made if you have dietary restrictions. Staff throughout the hotel are competent and helpful. As we had to leave early in the morning they offered to make us breakfast boxes to take along at no additional charge. The fitness club is adequately equipped although the tvs did not seem to work. It is unclear why the sauna and steam rooms are turned off when they are not in use, that was annoying. The indoor pool is large and there is also an indoor hot tub. The champion bar on the first floor seems to be a popular sportsbar in town. I thought the hotel was all in all very good value for the money. Would happily stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write us this kind review on Tripadvisor, we appreciate your feedback and we are happy that your stay with us was enjoyable.
I would like to assure you that your comment concerning the Health Club has been shared with the concerned Manager and a corrective action has been taken.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Pretty much what you'd expect. Not great, not terrible, average Marriott. Breakfast buffet, very difficult to get coffee. Rooms are very typical. Comfortable bed, reliable internet and TV. Pool ok, no hot tub.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Intrepid_Mom20007
Laith N, Director at Amman Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Tripadvisor.
Your valuable comments have been shared with the team for further action.
We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

We were upgraded to a huge suite on the top floor. We had everythin we didn't need, kitchen, dining room, television room, several bathrooms, 3 televisions and so on. It was all good fun but there were some faults. The net courtains were very dirty and torn. We found old toilet rolls under tables and chairs and the room had not been prepared for visitors so we had to make calls for water, towels etc. The windows were not double glazed so we got woken by very early morning traffic.
The breakfast was good but the breakfast room oh so dreary.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Stayed 2 nights on a tour of Jordan with cox and kings very good city hotel good service good gift shop with lovely jewellery . Great food . Good clean rooms nice warm swimming pool helpful staff Good position .

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Geraldinemarchesi
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I visited Amman for Business trip and stayed at the Marriott Amman.
The rooms are big, the service of the front desk is superb. They are very welcoming to fulfeel any need of the guest, always with a smile.
The VIP lounch at the 12th floor is nice, good food and has all the facilities needed as computers, faxes etc.
The hotel is well kept, very clean and have taxi services.
The pool is not big but is very pleasent to be for few hours. The hotel serve a cool drink and cold towel which also shows the care for its guests.
I fully recomand this Hotel.

Room Tip: The executive rooms are highly recommended!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us on Tripadvisor.
Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable for us.

Please feel free to contact me directly at laith.naber@marriott.com for any future stays, to make sure we take extra care of your stay.

Best Regards

Reviewed May 30, 2014

The experience in this Hotel was slightly below my expectations. Common spaces are nice and well maintained, but rooms need renovation. The breakfast is limited in choices and the quality of food is just acceptable. Good position and nice swimming pool area.

• Stayed: May 2014
Laith N, Manager at Amman Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the team to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. We will share your valuable comments with the concerned Management team for further action.
We hope that you did enjoy your stay with us and that we may have the opportunity to be of service to you again in the future.