“Hotel a little tired”

Amman Marriott Hotel
Ranked #11 of 150 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Just returned from an 8 day trip to Jordan staying at 3 different Marriott Hotels, this was the first one we stayed at. I would say that this hotel is adequate if a little tired and dated in some areas. What is it about Marriott's in that they only seem to supply one towel for two people sharing a room! A call to housekeeping resolved the problem. Okay for a one night stay but i am sure there are better hotels in Amman

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ed M, Manager at Amman Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Dear Cantium:

Thank you for sharing your comments with us on Tripadvisor. We will share your comments with our managers and associates so that they may take corrective action immediately. We appreciate your taking the time to give us feedback on our performance so that we can improve our service to future guests. We hope that you will consider our hotel for your lodging needs in the future should you return to Amman.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

a nice business class hotel, well located, great staff, breakfast was great....only criticism is the charge for wifi....when will business hotels understand...even b and b's provide wifi for free!!!
other than that would stay here again

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Ed M, Manager at Amman Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear DavidatV:

Thanks so much for the great feedback and for taking the time to share your observations about our hotel on Tripadvisor. We really appreciate the feedback and will share your comments with our staff.
We’re also very sorry that no one from our staff informed you that we now have FREE Wi-Fi in the lobby and all of the restaurants. In fact, our free Wi-Fi has one of the largest bandwidths of any free Wi-Fi being offered by any other hotels in the city. At Marriott, we know how important Wi-Fi is to today’s business traveler and we’re constantly making improvements to meet and exceed their expectations. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future and thanks again for the great comments.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

began my Jordan experience here.. very friendly staff; lovely décor a very average gym/pool but the food was excellent with attentive staff.. and a very good base to explore the city and the outskirts.. don't bother about eating out as it is quite a distance from the big eateries In the city and one should avoid the grid lock traffic in Amman

Room Tip: Get a upper storey room to view the busy city ( all rooms are soundproof)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear CleethorpesAragorn:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us on Tripadvisor. We will share your feedback with our team as well. We appreciate the feedback on the health club as well as we are in the very early stages of re-designing this area for the future needs of our guests. We hope that you did enjoy your stay with us and that we may have the opportunity to be of service to you again in the future should your travel plans bring you back to Amman.

Cheers, Ed M.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

The reception staff were very helpful and efficient.
The rooms were fine but the air con was a little noisy for sleeping - though I didn't really need it on overnight (in May).
The only meals we ate were breakfast which was fine although we paid extra for the club lounge and I cannot say it was really worth it. The fruit juices in here and in the main dining room were quite poor though - not very fruity and far too sweet. I couldn't actually tell what they are supposed to be but going on the colour maybe cherry and apple?
The gym has four treadmills but only one upright bike and no rowing machine. If the hotel is reading this then please get a Concept II rower as they are an essential bit of kit in any gym. Otherwise the facilities and service in the gym were very good. The pool area was very pleasant but didn't catch any evening sun. The hotel location was not ideal for the better restaurants and we had to take taxi rides which weren't expensive though. Nearby, we were told there were some fast food restaurants within walking range.
One morning, I noticed that the corridor to my room really needed vacuuming (well It must have been bad if I'd noticed it - my wife would surely say) but later that day I saw a vacuum cleaner being wheeled out. Generally though the hotel was very clean and well presented. It was nice to hear a piano being well played in the lobby lounge area but I unfortunately didn't have time to listen properly.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Ed M, Manager at Amman Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Dear martin j:

Wow! Thanks so much for all the great feedback! We certainly appreciate your taking time out of your busy schedule to share your observations with us - and with such attention to detail.
We will share your feedback with our team, both the good and areas for improvement, and take corrective actions where necessary.
(Just a coincidence but we were actually already in the process of changing our juice offering, and really appreciate the detail you provided with your comments). We’re saddened that we did not correct this in time for your visit this time, however, we hope we can be of service to you again in the future and try out the new juices then.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I spent about 14 days in this hotel . It's place in center of Amman and it has perfect service and good jim hall so you can keep doing sport exercises also there is agood sauna and steam .As well as there is alot of variety in the breakfast and other daily meals the main problem the Marriott is very expensive

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ayham S

Dear Ayham S:

Thank you so much for sharing your comments about your last stay with us on Tripadvisor. We are very happy to see that you enjoyed our health club and facilities . We will also share your comments about our staff service with our associates and hope that we may see you again in the future should you ever return to Amman.

Cheers, Ed M.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott Amman twice on a 7 day tour of Jordan. It is an oasis in a very bustling and busy city. The staff all spoke impeccable English and genuinely seem happy to have us there. The hotel is secure, clean and elegantly appointed. The were generous enough to upgrade us to a suite (I am Platinum with Marriott) and we spent a lot of time in the executive lounge. Very nice...

I would consider this a very nice business hotel that worked out great for a vacation property. If I find myself in Amman again I will certainly stay at the Marriott.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Ed M, Manager at Amman Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Dear ChoppyMcQueen:

Thanks so much for the great comments! We are certainly pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and also took the time to share your comments about our hotel on Tripadvisor. We hope that we may be of service to you again should you ever return to Amman.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed at this property for 2 nights in April as my work took me to Amman. Considering myself a great fan of hotels that have still this "grand" feeling when you come through the entrance doors, a good old fashioned "wow" effect still gets my hard racing.

From the security check point at the main entrance, check in and getting to my room all a real doddle, with friendly staff assisting me all the way.
My room was pretty high up with a breathtaking bird eye view over the city, a very cosy large bed, widescreen telly and a well stocked and clean bathroom.

I used the recreation facilities as well which were nothing outstanding but still all right, the steam room in the men’s section unfortunately out of order and some showers could have done with a deep clean.

If you are looking to have some food in the hotel there are plenty of choices, my colleagues and me opted for the Champions Sports Bar & Restaurant which was very good. There are also plenty of restaurants close by to pick from where you can sample authentic Jordanian cuisine.

Love hotel and I am sure I will be back one day soon I hope.

Room Tip: high up above the clouds
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear plane_cowboy:

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your business and your loyalty to our brand and will share your comments, both good and areas for improvement, with our team. We hope that we may look forward to your return next time your business brings you to Amman. Take care, and thanks again for the feedback.