“I love it”

Amman Marriott Hotel
Ranked #11 of 150 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I don't think so you will find better than this place is just amazing modren place the hotel is so clean and has got golden touching in every corner down there. Really good job what they have done.. The staff have good knowledge and experience as well as the y keep the guest on touch through ther's eyes I do love it and I wish you the best. And good job Zaid the young barkeepr

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank jenfar55
Ed M, Manager at Amman Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Dear jenfar55 :

Thanks so much for taking the time to post your comments regarding your last stay with us on TripAdvisor! We will pass on your kind comments to our staff and share them with our entire team. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that we may be of service to you again in the future.

Regards,

Ed M.

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

The lobby is beautiful in an old world way with live piano and violin in the background. However the rest of the building seemed poorly constructed. We had booked a standard room but it was very cramped so we upgraded at own cost to a suite (quite cheap to do and you get lounge access and free snacks and drinks). The suite was very large but upon getting into bed, a layer of dust rose up from the sheets - obviously empty for a while. The ceilings are very low and there are connecting doors from suite to suite which means you get woken up at 4am by a screaming baby next door. Staff were friendly and always willing to help. Good value if you don't expect too much.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear When_pandas_attack :

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your last stay with us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate all of your comments, both the good and the points for improvement and will use your objective feedback to improve our products and services for our future guests. We thank you for your comments and your patronage and hope that we may be of service to you again in the future should you return to Jordan.

regards, Ed M.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here.
Our room was very nice, as was the club lounge.
Staff were helpful and friendly.
I discovered Amman is not a pedestrian friendly city as every driver seems bent on running you over.
Take a cab instaed.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Paul T

Dear MistrX:

Thank you for posting your comments reagrding your stay with us on TripAvisor ! We appreciate your taking the time to share your comments with our fellow tavellers. We especially appreciate the comment regarding pedestrians here in Amman. You are quite right, it is quite difficult to get around in some areas, however, the Ministry of Transportation is working very hard to change this. Unfortunately, these things take time. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and hope that we may welcome you back to Amman again in the future if the opportunity arrises.

Cheers,

Ed M.

Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Good: excellent breakfast, very nice rooms. Friendly staff. Best if you get a good rate- we paid 100 JD per night, wouldn't pay more.

Needs help: indoor pool staff not a lot to do but watch us swim. Outdoor pool dirty but very early in season. Frosty receptionist.

Tip: taxis come up and down the street all the time so avoid hotel taxi (ripoffs). We also avoided the taxis just sitting in front of hotel- they generally refuse to use a meter.

Overall a good place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Johanna-O-Ryan:

Thank you so much for your great comments regarding your stay with us on TripAdvisor! We appreciate your taking time to comment on both the good and the areas for improvement. We will use your feedback to improve the products and services we offer for our future guests. We hope to welcome you back again should you return to Jordan.

Regards,

Ed M

Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

I was lying in the big king bed, jet-lagged and tired after my 16 hour trip from New York, when it occurred to me that the Marriott Amman Hotel felt and looked like a Marriott hotel anywhere in the world. And I suddenly realized that was a good thing. The when I'm on vacation, I like to stay in exotic and unique hotels. But if I'm on business and need to be rested in order to attend meetings the next morning, then familiarity and comfort are the highest on my hotel requirements. The Amman Marriott fulfills this function nicely, from the professional, English-speaking staff to the quality restaurant offerings.

The only thing I would criticize is their failure to give me the upgrade that I was entitled to as a Gold member upon check-in. Instead, I was given a regular double room, even though I specified a king room when I reserved. I was told that it was because the hotel was full and they would move me at a later time. The staff was not proactive in this however, and I only got my upgrade because I approached the front desk a few days later to see if I could get a king room.

All in all, though, I enjoyed my stay and am glad that I have given my loyalty to Marriott.

• Stayed: March 2013
Ed M, Manager at Amman Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear itstuan: Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such accurate and detailed information and apologize for any inconvenience and discomfort caused you upon check-in. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty to our brand and hope that you will permit us another opportunity to be of service to you in the future. Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us and helping us to improve our service for future guests.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Amman service and hotels are usually top notch. i have visited several times, and stayed ata few other establishments. First time at Amman Marriott. Surprising how my experience is similar to other poor reviews. Spent 3 nights. Seems like not a coincidence but a pattern, which disappoints when one expects 5* service. Housekeeping needs a wake-up. Never happened to me ever before, towels taken away, but not replaced. Tea supplies not replaced. Called front-desk, no response. Called a second time, and they only have "green tea". No black tea Sir! In a 5 * hotel. Sent housekeeping back to find black tea. The waiting staff at breakfast really need a lot of training. While the hostesses do a great job welcoming you, that is where it ended for us. No toaster (broken). No plates and bowels. The weakest unbrewed coffee, that had to be returned by my colleague. As for security, accosted me in Arabic for taking a picture outside, NOT ALLOWED, when there are hundreds of pictures of the hotel on the Internet, including on their own website. BTw, expensive wifi, which has limited coverage.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear GalaxyHiker:

Thank you for taking the time to speak with us personally regarding your experiences in our hotel. We sincerely apologize for the obvious discomfort and inconvenience casued you during your stay with us. We are truly sorry that we were not able to address and correct these failures in our service immediately during your stay with us before they occurred.

We thank you for taking the time to report these issues accurately and honestly and hope that you will accept our offer to stay with us again upon your return to Amman in the future. We will use your feedback to take immediate corrective actions where appropriate to improve our services to future guests.

We do understand that you have many choices available to you for your lodging needs and hope that we have the opportunity in the future to prove to yourself that we truly appreciate your business and loyalty to our brand. As we have provided you with our contact information, please do feel free to contact us at your convenience and we wil be most happy to assist you in any way possible in the future.

Regards, Ed M.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Jordan is a very clean and modern country, but this Marriott was built for the slums of India. Obviously all the building budget was spent on the beautiful public areas in the reception area, because the rooms were something else. Very tiny, shoe-box sized, overlooking airconditioning machinery. Bathroom ceiling was just over 6 feet high, and bath was as deep as a washbasin. The toilet broke down not once, but twice. Not good when a westerner is travelling through the middle east. Got transferred to a stinking smokers room and lay awake coughing all night. The Manager agreed to half my bill, but obviously had no maths skills as I received a paltry $20 discount. My meal, consisting of one course and an after dinner drink took three long hours. Called into the "Library" for a drink, but the rich local businessmen are fawned over and get the priority, while hotel guests get second rate service. If you do stay here, just remember that I told you so

Room Tip: Try another Hotel...any other Hotel